Last Updated on
Best Chinchilla Cages 2020
- Spacious cage provides room for even the most energetic ferret
- 2 Plastic Platforms, 3 Plastic Ramps, 1 Hammock, and Grille included
- Large, hinged doors are escape-proof. Ramp Measurement(inches): 15 1/4 x 5 x 1/8. Platform Measurement (inches) 20 3/8 x 7 7/8 x 3/4
- Space saving shelf can be used to store toys, treats and more
- 31-Inch long, 20-inch wide, 54-inch high (on stand) with 7/8-inch wire spacing
Prevue Hendryx Black Feisty Ferret Cage can be an excellent pick for chinchillas, particularly if you have many chinchillas together. The dimensions of the cage are 31 inches in length, 20 inches in width and 54 inches in height. This cage offers four levels off platforms and provides constant ventilation and ample space for your playful chinchillas. The cage is Large and spacious like a mansion. They list: two compartments with a separation, two plastic platforms, three plastic ramp, 1 hammock. It has a Debris tray which can be pulled out easily, cleaned and put back. Space-saving Storage shelves are present inside the cage for stocking all the essentials of the pet. Powder coated Hammertone finish. One grille. Stand with casters, provide easy portability. Two large escape proof doors.
o Hammock inside the cage
o 4 Platforms for the pet to travel.
o Roomy and tall.
o Two wide doors.
o Highly approachable feel.
o Two separate compartments.
o Easily movable, with the help of casters.
Mesh wires used
o With a 7/8 inch of bars spacing, pets can escape from the cage.
Prevue Hendryx Black Feisty Ferret Cage is the best Chinchilla Cage in 2020.
- Critter Nation double unit habitat/cage (162) includes two pans, two adjustable shelves, three plastic ramps with covers & easily maneuverable stand with 4 locking wheel casters
- Full-width double doors on Critter Nation small animal cage and removeable shelf provide maximum accessibility for easy cleaning & feeding
- Critter Nation's wide expanse shelves & full width leak-proof pans provide maximized play area & prevent dangerous falls
- Great for Rats, Chinchillas, Dagus, Ferrets |tubing (Corners) 0.6 inches square & 1/2 " horizontal wire spacing allow pets to fulfill their instinct to climb & explore in a secure environment
- Critter Nation small animal cage measures 36"L x 25"W x 63"H | No tools required assembly & includes a 1- year manufacturer's warranty
The MidWest Homes offers the critter nation double unit cage. It is a quality cage for chinchillas. Midwest critter nation is available in both single unit and double unit. However, the double unit cage is advisable, because many playing items can be made available to your perky pet. All the critter nation cages contain an array of accessories and toys. The size of the cage is 36 inches in length, 25 inches in width and 63 inches in height. This cage comes with three ramps and ramp covers. It also has two resting shelf inside the cage. Two base pans which can be easily removed and fixed back, facilitating easy cleaning. The double doors of full width make the pets highly approachable for feeding and cleaning. A full-width plastic pan floor and the wide shelf provide a large amount of area for the pets to play. A dual locking door which is easy to operate ensures the security of the chinchillas. This cage also comes with easily removable locking casters.
o Height adjustable, removable shelf.
o Well ventilated cage materials.
o Lockable casters are available.
o Spacious storage shelf
o Powder coated finish to preserve the quality.
o Easily removable plastic tray for cleaning
o Each platform is a solid floor.
o Price is expensive
Midwest Homes Deluxe Critter Nation this is the best deluxe chinchilla cage. Chinchilla cages don’t get better than this.
- Ideal cage for rats, chinchillas and/or baby ferrets
- Solid metal ramps and platforms are designed to withstand years of use
- Wind-bell lock provides extra protection against escaping pets
- Space saving shelf can be used to store toys, treats and more
- 31-Inch long, 20-1/2-inch wide, 40-inch high with 3/8-inch wire spacing
Prevue Hendryx’s Earthtone Dusted Rose Cage is a great cage and of the best deluxe Chinchilla cages. It is smaller in size when compared to the Feisty Ferret Cage. However, the design is almost the same. This rat and chinchilla cage measures about 40 inch high, 20.5 inches wide and 31 inches long. It has a wire spacing of 3/8 inch. The cage comes with solid metal ramps and platforms. It has two doors: a large front door and a smaller rooftop door. Makes it highly approachable to pets. One bottom grille and tray are available for easy cleaning. The cage also has bottom space saving storing shelf, to store food and products for the pets. There is a wind-bell lock fitted, which makes the cage escape proof. The stand also has casters for easy transport. The bar spacing is 0.25 inches so that the pets do not escape out and also suitable for baby
o Presence of a ground base which is solid
o Many metal platforms are present at different levels.
o Easily removable debris tray.
o 0.25 inches of bar spacing.
o Well ventilated construction.
o Easily movable.
o Escape-free lock system.
o Beautiful colour, but can rust away.
o Small door that is not pet-friendly
Prevue Hendryx Earthtone Dusted Rose Cage is the best budget Chinchilla cage in 2020.
- 【Large Size: 30"L x 18"W x 24"H】 【All Metal, Chew Free】3-Levels, Wire Cage With Tight 3/8-Inch Cross Bar Spacing Wire Shelves and Ladders, Paw Safe
- 【Tight 3/8-Inch Wire Spacing】 For Baby To Adult Size Small Animals, Suitable for Chinchillas, Ferrets, Rats, Dwarf Hamster, Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Mice, Hamster, Gerbil, Sugar Glider & Other Small Animals
- 【Two Front Doors】, With Tight 1/2-Inch Removable Wire Raised Grate Floor; With Easy Carry Handles
- 【Slide Out Bottom Pan】 For Easy Cleaning; Animal Safe Epoxy Coated Finish
- 【Foldable and Easy Setup】Fold For Storage or Travel, No Tools Needed.
Mcage large 3-level cage goes low on one’s pocket. This is most suitable for beginners and is one of the best chinchilla cages in terms of budget and price. The cage measures around 24 inches in length, 16 inches in width, 24 inches in height. It provides a good amount of space with comfortable surroundings. Along with three levels of platforms for the little chinchillas to explore and play.
o Two front doors.
o Carrying handles.
o Removable wire grated floor.
o One easy pullout debris tray at the bottom.
o Epoxy coated, which is animal-friendly.
o Foldable and easy to travel with.
o Chew-proof wire construction.
o 0.5 inches of bar space, which makes the cage escape proof and suitable for baby chinchillas.
o Affordable cage for chinchillas
o Easy to handle and simple cage.
o Foldable cage, suitable for travel.
o 0.5 inches bar spacing, makes it escape proof.
o Removable debris tray, easy for cleaning.
o Small doors.
Mcage Large 3-level Cage is a lot of space for your Chinchillas for a great price.
- 【Large Double Flight Breeding Bird Cage】 Size: 63"Length x 19"Depth x 64"Height With Slide Out Center Divider. Able to Use As One Single Extra Large Cage. Durable Wrought Iron Frame construction , Heavy Duty Stand with Casters
- 【Bird Safe Non-Toxic powder coated finish】, Two Large hinged Front Doors with Safety Spring Lock. 【Two Side Breeding Doors Included】
- 【Slide out Bottom Grate and Slide out bottom pan】 *Large access door *Separation between lower grate and Tray
- 【Tight 1/2" bar spacing】 For Small to Medium Size Birds. Wood Perches and Transparent Clear Feeder Cups For Bird. Metal Ladders and Plateforms For Small Animal;
- 【Bottom Shelf 】can be used to store toys, treats and more, Cage can remove from the stand.
Mcage Large Double Wrought Iron Cage With 3 Levels is excellent double cage for multiple pet chinchillas. It has a divider which can be slide-out; thereby creating two compartments. Each compartment measures 30 3/8 inches in length, 18 5/8 inches in width and 36 ¾ inches in height. It has a door on each side of the compartment.
o The cage has a finishing of powder coating which is not toxic to the chinchillas.
o There are removable ladders and platforms.
o Removable debris tray at the bottom, makes cleaning easy.
o The cage has a large storage area beneath.
o Casters are available, making it easy to move from place to place.
o The storage area is removable.
The stand can be kept on any even surface.
o Sliding Divider makes two large compartments.
o The frame is made of wrought iron
o Easily movable with the help of casters.
o Pull out debris tray, eases cleaning.
o Powder coating, which is pet-friendly.
o Large and spacious.
o Not the best quality.
o Risk of rust.
o Might be too big.
o Difficult to arrange.
o Loud sounds.
Overall it is a good cage, useful for housing more number of chinchillas.
What is the best Chinchilla cage?
Buying a perfect cage for your lovely chinchillas can be a little tough. However, make sure you consider all the important features of the cage before you make a purchase. Just keep in mind that, you are buying a home for your pet. Buy a cage which is well built and airy, such that your little chinchilla feels homely. Also, the cage should suit your budget and should last for years.
Do Chinchillas Make Good Pets?
Chinchillas are adorable, little rodents which are often kept as pets. They are native to the cool Andes Mountains of South America. Chinchillas are known for their gorgeous soft fur. Chinchilla’s fur became popular in the 1700s, and these little rodents were hunted to near-extinction. Around 1900 the hunting of wild chinchillas was banned. Chinchillas are related to Porcupines and Guinea pigs. They have short forelimbs and long hind limbs and have short, round ears. They have beautiful large black eyes and bushy tails. These lovable pets attract everyone by their energetic and lively nature. They also tend to develop a close bonding with their owners. Chinchillas can be shy pets, so taming them requires earning their trust.
The domestic chinchillas are the descendants of chinchilla lanigera species, with long tails. If you are an animal lover and looking to have a cute, playful pet, then chinchillas are the best. They are super furry and soft to touch. They require abundant love and considerable care. They are active, fun-loving pets. Moreover, they need a good amount of space because they are fond of playing and jumping around. Before adopting one, you need to think about all their needs like accommodation, diet, space for physical activities. If you do not have any predators around your chinchilla, then you can allow them to roam freely in the house. However, remember that these rodents will chew your home. Therefore, it is better to find a suitable cage for them.
Factors to consider for Chinchilla cages
A Good Place For The Cage
Before buying a cage for your chinchillas, it is essential to find the right place to keep it as chinchilla owners. Chinchillas being nocturnal remain active at dusk or dawn time and rest during the day, so the cage should be placed away from direct sunlight to avoid heat. Chinchillas can tolerate cold temperatures but cannot survive in hotter temperatures. Also, do not keep the Chinchilla cage in a complete dark and isolated place because chinchillas are quite social pets. Once the correct position for the enclosure is fixed, the next important thing to consider is the minimum chinchilla cage size.
Suitable Sized Cage
The cage should be spacious because chinchillas are fond of jumping and playing. Your chinchillas should be comfortable, so buy them a cozy cage. If there is not enough space, buy a medium sized one so you can be climbing around. However, remember the cage should not be too small for your chinchillas.
Chinchillas usually dig tunnels and live. These rodents are therefore experts in escaping. Make sure
that the cage you buy has a proper, safe lock system. Also, the bars of the cage should not harm these little rodents. Moreover, the cage should not have any galvanized covering, which can be toxic toyour pet. The bar spacing should be appropriate.
Chinchillas have teeth that grow throughout their lifespan. They are excellent at biting wooden,
plastic items. So the cage you buy for your lovely chinchillas has to be a solid metal cage. Also, you
can buy a stainless steel cage.
Your chinchilla should love its new house. Do not buy a boring ordinary cage for your frisky little friend. They are perky and are fond of jumping and playing. So buy one which has enough platforms for them to play. A big cage which can accommodate, toys and wheels will be best for your lovely little chinchillas.
Easy To Clean Cage
The cage should have big doors. This feature facilitates easy cleaning. If you cannot clean the cage
daily, choose an appropriate deep pan to fix under the cage.
The chinchillas should be easily visible and approachable. The opening of the cage should wide in order to have better interactions with the pets.
Toys And Wheels
Providing toys for your chinchillas is essential. Make sure the toys are not made from plastic. Moreover, wheels, wheels offer great exercise for your pet. 15-inch wheel, with solid running surface and an open side will be suitable for adult chinchillas.