Last Updated on
Best Husky Food 2020
- STARTS WITH REAL CHICKEN: A recipe that starts with real chicken as the first ingredient, this dry dog food features the high quality ingredients you’ll feel good about feeding your best friend without the grains that contain gluten.
- GRAIN FREE DOG FOOD: BLUE Freedom grain free adult dog food is specifically formulated to meet the nutritional requirements of adult dogs to help provide energy for an active life. Plus, it contains omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health.
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits – a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance.
- NATURAL DOG FOOD: BLUE dry food is formulated for the health and well-being of your dog and features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals. It never contains chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Contains (1) 24lb bag of BLUE Freedom Grain Free Natural Adult Dry Dog Food, Chicken
There are many manufacturers of dog food for a Husky, but Blue Buffalo is made specifically for huskies according to their needs and is considered one of the best. The Blue Buffalo includes all-natural grains and is gluten-free.
The main ingredient of this dog food is chicken, and you won’t regret feeding your husky this dry food. The grain-free food is manufactured for adult dogs that help them stay active and fulfill all their nutrient requirements. It is available in beef, turkey, and chicken flavor. You can feed it to your puppy as well.
As a puppy, there is a lot of stress on the bones, and they need the right amount and quality of food for proper and healthy growth. The food packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants are beneficial. This dog food also contains omega-3 and fatty acids. The formula of Blue Buffalo contains all the required nutrients to support the immune system of dogs and help them grow strong.
It includes the ingredients that help to fight against eye disease, thyroid, and coat health. The all-natural dry food is the best food for the proper well-being of a dog.
Grain and gluten-free
No artificial preservatives
No poultry by-products
Vitamins and minerals for growth
Contains real meat
It might be low-calorie for an average husky
- ALWAYS GRAIN FREE: No, no, no grains, you’re not invited to this dinner party; we’re serving nutrient-rich lentils, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes instead!
- NO FILLERS, ALL LOVE: No by-product meals, wheat, corn, soy, rice, artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors (Nothing weird or scary!)
- REAL MEAT IS THE FIRST INGREDIENT: This high protein dog food has 30% protein with the first 3 ingredients meat, fish, or poultry sourced; available in Chicken + Duck, Lamb + Bison and Salmon + Trout
- TRANSITIONING TO “I and love and you: Please gradually transition your dog’s food over 10 days. Add a little more of “I and love and you” dog food and a little less of the old food every 3 days. We’re all for tummy rubs not tummy rumbles.
- FOR ALL LIFE STAGES: Right-sized kibble that’s perfect for small breed, large breed, long-haired breeds, short-legged breeds and everyone in between
The Naked Essentials dog food is packed with nutrients, vitamins, and protein-rich meat. This food is best for both puppy and adult huskies. The dog food has replaced the grains with pulses, lentils, sweet potatoes as well as seeds like flax seeds.
This dog food contains beneficial fatty acids and fish oils with omega-3 and omega-6 for healthy skin and coat. The good-quality food is also best for Siberian Huskies. It is tough to find the best diet for different breeds. This dog food is for all breeds of dogs like small breed, large breed, long-haired breed, and others in between.
A healthy digestive system is essential for a growing dog. This dry dog food contains pre and probiotics that support healthy tummies.
No artificial preservatives
No added flavors
No poultry and dairy by-products
Omega fatty acids
Pre and probiotics
Flaxseeds and fish oils
Not best for dogs with a heart problem
- Contains One (1) 25 Lb. Bag Of Nutro Max Adult Dry Dog Food With Farm Raised Chicken
- Our Great-Tasting, Quality Food For Adult Dogs Is Made With Farm-Raised Chicken, Plus Whole Grains As A Nutritious Source Of Fiber
- Our All Natural, Affordable Dog Food Contains No Artificial Flavors Or Preservatives
- Nutro Max Dog Food Is Responsibly Made In The U.S.A. In Our Own Facilities
Nutro MAX is the best dry dog food made with quality ingredients under strict supervision and one of the finest dog foods available. It is made from all-natural ingredients and has no added artificial preservatives.
The dog food for husky should be packed with vitamins, minerals, and proteins that will help them with fighting diseases and grow in a healthy dog. The Nutro MAX is prepared with real farm-raised chicken. It is packed with nutrients and whole grains that are a source of fiber.
The fiber helps maintain the dog’s digestive system and promotes a healthy bowel movement in them.
This dry dog food is rich with antioxidants, vitamin A and E. It has all the ingredients that are required for the proper growth of a dog and is perfect for all stages. You won’t regret buying this dog food for your husky.
No artificial flavors
No poultry by-product
Antioxidants, minerals, and proteins
Not suitable for dogs with heart problems
- Unique Digestive Health Support: Formulated With A Unique Digestive Health Support System, Focused Around Prebiotics, Probiotics, Natural Fibers, Digestive Enzymes & Botanicals
- Large & Giant Breed Formula: A Larger Kibble, Everyday Complete & Balanced Diet Made With Premium Ingredients Like Real Chicken To Meet The Special Needs Of Larger Dogs
- All Natural: Contains Only Premium, All Natural Ingredients With No Meat By-Products, Wheat, Wheat-Gluten Or Artificial Colors, Flavors Or Fillers
- Made In Usa: Backed By The Holistic Select Guarantee And Proudly Made Only In The Usa
The Holistic Select Natural has been trusted with making natural, grain-free, and gluten-free dog food for more than 10 years. There are no harmful artificial flavors, preservatives and color are added in this food.
It has natural fibers and digestive enzymes that help in maintaining a healthy stomach and bowel movement of your dog. The prebiotics and probiotics aid in maintaining the colony of healthy bacteria that help dogs against various diseases. All organic and gluten-free diets make dogs active and fresh. It is the best option to invest your money in for husky puppies and adults.
If your dog has a sensitive stomach and specific food allergies, then this dog food is best for them. The healthy protein levels in the food help your dog with strong muscle growth. The glucosamine makes hips and other joints strong.
Grain and gluten-free
Best for dogs with a sensitive stomach
Pre and probiotics
No artificial flavors, color, and preservatives
Proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants
Natural fiber for healthy daily output
Perfect for both husky puppy and adult
Kibble level might not satisfactory
- Honest Kitchen The Human Grade Grain Free Beef Dehydrated Dog Food, 2 lb Fast Delivery!!
- GRAIN FREE
- HIGHER PROTEIN
- HUMAN GRADE
- no by-products, preservatives or GMO ingredients - just add water for a warm and delicious meal.
The Honest Kitchen is proud to manufacture human-grade dog food, which is free from preservatives, chemicals, and artificial flavors. It is one of the most famous dry dog foods available. The customers love it as their dogs can’t get enough of it.
The dog food for a husky should have enough protein. The source of proteins in this dog food is beef. It is also available in chicken and turkey flavors. For the healthy growth of the eyes of a husky, they also add fruits and vegetables to it. The flaxseed provides omega-3 that will help a husky fight against thyroid and coat diseases.
The fat levels in food are vital to keeping them active and energetic. Fats will promote healthy skin and coat. It is the best dog food available at an affordable price.
No artificial flavor and color
High proteins level
Contains fruits and vegetables
Includes the ingredients that support eye health
Promotes healthy skin and coat
It is not an excellent food for dogs with joint problems
The dogs stay active and fit when you feed the perfect food to them. The food free from grains and artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors are the best for their healthy growth. The dog food that is all-natural and packed with nutrients is best for proper growth.
The first and the most important thing you should look at is the protein level of the dog food. The meat content in the diet determines the level of protein in it. Huskies are very sharp, active, and energetic dogs.
They need high-quality food to keep their body and mind in balance. Their minds are very bright, and they need to be fed on a kibble that has enough protein to keep them going. The first ingredient of their meal should be a meat product along with other ingredients. Keep an eye on high protein levels in their food.
The people who own a husky know very well that dogs shed their hair massively at least twice a year. So, you should always buy wet or dry food that has a sufficient amount of fatty acids, omega-3, and omega-6. These are involved in forming cell structure and function.
They help to promote healthy skin and coat of husky. They are very beneficial in building a robust immune system and lowering the risk of heart attacks in dogs.
Glucosamine & Chondroitin
Dogs are speedy, sharp, and active species. Their joints must be healthy enough to help them survive as they grow older. The priority should be the food containing calcium, glucosamine, and chondroitin. This will save you from the trouble of buying supplements.
The husky puppy will grow healthy if the owner looks after properly. The natural production of these in dogs gets slow as they grow old with time, and then these nutrients become even more important as a part of their food.
The ideal diet of a husky should have a high protein and low carbohydrate level. Huskies don’t need high carbs as too much can upset their stomach and lead them to gain weight. Huskies are usually sensitive and have allergic problems.
So, it is better to buy all-natural grain-free and gluten-free food. It is advised to avoid common allergens like soy, wheat, corn, and yeast and go for whole grains like brown rice and barley.
There are chances in huskies to develop a disorder that causes an insufficient amount of zinc in their blood. It is a hereditary disease and is detected with a dog DNA test. You must buy the food that has a sufficient zinc amount for your husky.
A low zinc amount can lead to weak protection against infections. Vegetables like broccoli and spinach, whole grains, beef, and poultry are the best source of zinc for a dog.
Huskies are very active species of dogs. You have to give them all the necessary nutrients required for their healthy growth, and they deserve to be adequately fed. Probiotics play a very beneficial role in healthy functioning in the immune system. These probiotics create gut-friendly microorganisms and provide a better digestive system.
Vitamin and Minerals
These play a very vital role in developing a silky, healthy, and shiny skin and coat of a husky. If they are fed with a proper amount of Vitamin E, they will be living their best life as it helps with healthy skin, improves the immunity system, enhances the chance of fertility, improves eyesight and muscular functioning.
Fruit and Vegetable
Huskies should be fed the right amount of vitamins and minerals for proper and full growth. They help them fight against diseases and make them strong. The best way is to give them plenty of fruits and vegetables like broccoli, spinach, blueberries, bananas, carrots, and celery as a part of their dog food.
Foods to Avoid
The Siberian Husky may be better with grains as compared to the other breeds, but some people say that all huskies, no matter what breed they are from finding it difficult to digest lactose. It is good to stay on the safer side and avoid adding dairy products in their diet. That means no milk or cheese, but you can look for milk by-products like skim milk.
Common diseases in a husky
There are three types of eye disorders found in a husky. Corneal dystrophy is a non-irritant clouding of the outer eye surface. In severe cases, a husky can even become blind. Progressive retinal atrophy is a retinal disease that makes a Husky lose its eyesight.
Juvenile cataracts block the view of a husky. It starts before a husky is two years old. Food like blueberries, carrots, broccoli, eggs, sweet potatoes, and kale are the best options to help prevent eye diseases.
It is a genetic disorder in which the thighbone can’t fit properly into the hip socket. You can help your husky by keeping the weight in control and under a healthy scale, as extra weight only puts stress on the joints.
You can always go for the dog food that has glucosamine and chondroitin, which are natural substances found in healthy cartilage. Chondroitin helps neutralize the crippled joint, and glucosamine rebuild the cartilage that has been damaged.
This condition causes low thyroid hormones, skin problems, weight gain, and lethargy in a husky. It can be managed with medication, but a natural diet comes first. The nutrients like iodine obtained from fish, kelp, and seaweed, and omega-3s from fish oils help in prevention.
If huskies show a sign of thyroid problem, then feed them with a high vitamins and minerals diet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much to feed a Husky puppy?
After choosing the best food for a husky puppy, look at the back of the food pack, and follow the feeding instructions. The amount of food depends on the ingredients. It is better to consult a veterinarian for a professional suggestion.
Q. How many calories does a Husky dog need?
Husky is a medium-sized dog and has an athletic build with lots of energy in them. Female husky eats lower calories than a male husky. On average, 1000 calories for a senior and inactive husky, 1200 calories for an adult husky, 1700 calories for an active and working adult husky, are perfect. You should consult a veterinarian to get a better idea.