Last Updated on
Best Portable Induction Cooktops 2020
- 15 power levels from 200-1800 Watts; 15 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F.
- Digital control panel; Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 min increments up to 170 minutes; The auto-pan detection; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system.
- REQUIRES INDUCTION COMPATIBLE MAGNETIC COOKWARE. Compatible with Duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron.
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards, 120V 60Hz AC; 2-year warranty; ETL approved.
The Secura 9100MC 1800W is the best affordable portable induction cooktop. It supplies power up to 1800W which supplies enough heat for most foods. With wide range of temperature of about 460°F, meals and boiling water will be ready in minutes. It contains many fancy features such as digital timer, power levels, multiple power levels, custom temperature control. 15 power levels ranging of power.
Best budget price
Basic digital screen
best portable induction cooktop, specially for those looking for the best budget portable induction cooktop
- COOKTOP: The Max Burton 6400 Digital Induction Cooktop is portable, easy to use and energy efficient
- INDUCTION: With induction cooking, your cookware is being heated by a magnetic field inside of the cooktop
- SAFE: There is no open flame or exposed heating element to burn people or surrounding items, making this ideal for young and old
- CONVENIENT: The Max Burton 6400 Induction Cooktop is lightweight, plugs into any standard household outlet and has an easy to use LCD screen and touch controls
- IDEAL: This cooktop can be used for a primary or secondary burner in the home, dorm, office, boat, RV or gourmet kitchen
The Max Burton 6400 is a digital induction cooktop that’s worth mentioning on our list. One touch buttons make settings easy Heats up greatly up to a maximum power of 1800 watts. It features an attractive LCD that is very easy to read in low light. Safety features include a lock feature that makes sure no one tampers with your precise temperature.
Lock settings makes everything safe for you
The nice LCD display that gives you a clear vision
The temperature settings are set 40-60 degrees apart.
best induction cooktop
- 【PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER】Duxtop induction cooktop uses 110/120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. It is lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage. Portable induction burner is perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchen, RV, boats, etc.
- 【HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY】 Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset temperature level settings (100°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency, induction burner is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves. Duxtop portable cooktop is perfect for bringing water to a boil quickly and for all of your cooking needs.
- 【DIGITAL LCD SENSOR】Touch control panel: child safety lock keeps the cooking and timer settings from being accidentally changed once they have been set; fast boil button; keep warm button (for 1-30 minutes at 140°F); up to 10-hour timer button.
- 【COMPATIBLE WITH MAGNETIC COOKWARE】 In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected. Compatible with induction cookware having a diameter of at least 5 inches, which ensures a large and uniform heated area.
- 【100% SATISFACTION】Although induction itself is a noiseless process, there may be high pitched sounds from the cookware due to multiple layers of metals sandwiched together. Please allow the induction cooker to cool down before cleaning. If you have any questions with our product, please feel free to contact our customer service. We will address your concern to the best.
Duxtop 1800 watts cook top delivers the best performance at a budget price. It comes with 20 different heat levels to select the exact temperature you need for your cooking. Power settings from 100-1800 W. It can heat up to 460°F in a short time. It has a 10-hour timer countdown. This is perfect for slow cooking. Auto shutdown within 60 seconds.
Countdown timer up to 10 hours
Comes with a 1-year warranty
Warm and low settings have issues
best portable induction cooktops
- Induction speed: unique magnetic technology transmits Energy to cookware directly for instant heating, while using 70% less energy than traditional methods.
- Safe & smart: appliance will not power on unless compatible cookware is placed on top. Runs on pure magnetic energy, eliminating all burning flames and coils.
- Easy controls: LCD display and simple dial to control timer up to 180 min, 8 power levels up to 1800 watts, and 8 temperature settings up to 460°f.
- Wipe clean: non-stick glass surface cools down almost instantly, and easily wipes clean for quick wash up convenience.
- Etl certified: We, at Gourmia, take the quality of our products seriously. This product is ETL certified so you can be confident that you’re receiving a safe, efficient, high quality appliance.
This is a multifunctional digital portable induction cooktop rated at 1800 watts. It features a SmartSense Auto-detection, precise temperature range, time, and 8 power level controls. What makes this nice is that it is very easy to clean and stick-resistant.
200 – 1800 watts power
8 levels of power
Energy efficient design
Hard to accurately select your temperature settings
- 【DUAL HEATING ZONES】 This professional digital countertop induction cooktop by Duxtop is equipped with two independent heating zones that allow you to set each one separately using the LCD display screen. The Duxtop induction burner uses 120 Volts, 15 amp of electricity—standard in all North American homes.
- 【SAFE—EASY TO USE—EASY TO CLEAN】 Child safety lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. Touch control panel is simple to operate, and the rapid heating of the cookware makes cooking fast and easy. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it’s easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- 【CHOOSE POWER MODE OR TEMPERATURE MODE】 There are 20 preset levels per mode so you can select the perfect one for your cooking task. Simply press one button to switch between cooking modes. TEMPERATURE MODE is recommended to fry, steam and saute. Try POWER MODE to keep food warm or to bring water to a boil quickly.
- 【ENERGY EFFICIENT】 Electric cooktops place the electromagnetic energy directly into the cookware without wasting energy on a heating element. This makes them extremely energy efficient while providing faster heating. The Power Sharing Feature is designed to avoid electrical overload and increase efficiency by allowing the burners to share power between them while in Power Mode.
- 【WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS】 This double induction cooker is compatible with cast iron, iron, magnetic steel, enameled iron, stainless steel manufactured with a magnetic bottom. If a magnet sticks to the cookware bottom, it should be compatible. Lightweight and attractive design makes it great for home and outdoor cooking. Low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved and built to North American electrical standards.
The Duxtop induction burner uses 120 Volts, 15 amp of electricity—standard in all North American homes. Child safety features lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. Touch control panel is simple to operate. The rapid warming of the induction cookware makes cooking fast and easy. There are 20 preset levels per mode so you can select the perfect one for your cooking task.
What is induction cooking?
Induction cooking is different from thermal conduction from an electrical source or gas burner. Induction cooking works by using magnetic induction to directly heat up the pan or pot and not only the burner. This helps you cook your food super fast when compared with other modes of cooking.
How does the best portable induction cooktops works?
Many people are surprised when they find out that the cooking top doesn’t heat up. Like we mentioned earlier, induction cooking uses the principles of electromagnetic induction, it heats the pan directly without the cooktop getting hot itself.
There are specific kinds of metals that works with electromagnetic Cooktops. There are electromagnetic coils in your appliance, and they get activated when they detect the right type of metal. They then heat up the content of the pot and pan you’ve placed on the cooktop.
Stainless Steel and Iron pans are compatible with the cooktop. To know if a pan works, you can test by placing a magnet on the lower half. If the pan attracts the magnet, it works on an induction cooktop. If it doesn’t attract the magnet, it won’t work.
Types of best portable induction cooktops?
Single element portable induction cooktop
In this type, there is only one cooking zone. You can use it as an additional cooking zone in your kitchen or in a kitchenette. Since it is portable, you could make sure to place in on the table of your dining room to keep food warm. Single induction cooktops can be used in holiday homes, dorms, and motorhomes. If you’re yet to decide if you’re getting an induction cooktop, you can start by getting the single element cooktop, to see if it’s something you’d like using before splashing your money on a bigger set.
Multi-Element Portable Induction Cooktop
The multi-element portable induction cooktops are a combination of several cooking zones. You can find them with 2 to 5 induction burners. They are useful for cooking more than one meal at a time and can be used by more than one person at a time.
Built-in Induction Cooktop Unit
If you’re sure you want a fully installed induction cooktop then you can have one built in your countertop. Built-in an induction cooktop gives your kitchen a seamless look.
Freestanding Counter Induction unit
A freestanding induction unit is more of a complete set because it comes with an electric oven. This is for the chef who prefers to have everything in one appliance.
Since renters cannot make so many changes to their rented apartments, they can be a good option. They can also be used for outdoor cooking.
Commercial Induction Units
Commercial Induction units are designed to handle greater cooking demands with higher durability. Their electrical circuits come with great industrial protection for extra safety.
What Pots and Pans can you use on an induction cooktop?
Many people have been asking questions about the right pots and pans to use on an induction stove. You can’t use just any pot because these stoves are very selective, based on their mode of operation. Since they use electromagnetic induction, they need a certain type of pot to work. This doesn’t mean the pot has to be created specifically. Earlier, we mentioned the main requirement for a pot or pan to have compatibility. The pot has to be made from atleast iron pans, black metal, or cast iron.
For a stainless pot to work on an induction surface, the bottom has to be made from the magnetic grade stainless steel. The emphasis here is the word magnetic.
Copper and aluminum are do not work with an induction cooktop based on their electrical and magnetic properties.
Asides using a magnet to check your pot or pan comparability, you can check the packaging with the cookware. Some cookware comes with symbols that indicate it is good for the induction surface.
Benefits of using Induction Cooktops
Earlier on, we mentioned how induction cooktops heat the pot directly without losing heat to the surrounding. The pot retains all the heat. When we say induction cooking is fast, induction boils water within 2 minutes compared to 4 -5 minutes with other modes of cooking.
The faster your food cooks, the less energy you consume. This saves both money and time, which is what makes them most efficient way of cooking.
Besides, since all the heat is transferred to the pans and pots directly, the cooktops doesn’t get hot. Making the cooktops very easy to clean. Also, the top is smooth and flat which makes it easy to wipe.
One big advantage is that the excess heat the burner gives does not contribute to the ambient heat of the kitchen.
The heat generated from cooking can increase your home’s electricity bills during summer. This is because of ambient air temperature in your home increases, causing more work for the stove vents, air conditioners, and fans.
However, in induction cooking, there’s no additional, so your bills don’t go up unnecessarily. Hence, you can cook all you want in summer.
Ever forgot to put the stove on?
Or left gas keep escaping without a flame on the burner?
Our baby turns the cooker on without your knowledge?
Well, you don’t have to worry much about these accidents with an induction cooktop because it brings a whole new level of safety to your home. It switches off once there’s no pot or pan on the element.
What is the power consumption of a induction cooktop?
If you’re purchasing a portable induction cooktop, it will be rated at about 1600 – 1800 watts power. If you consider that most cooking temperature doesn’t exceed 600°f, an average induction cooktop will provide enough power for most cooking requirements.
One rule of thumb to consider is what you need your induction cooktop to do. Definitely, steaks will require a lot more heat compared to the heat needed to boil water for noodles. If you don’t need that much power or temperature, then you don’t need an elaborate or expensive portable induction cooktop. However, on our list, the power consumption is between 1600-1800 watts, so that it can serve most cooking purposes.
How much cooking Space does a typical portable induction cooktop needs?
Since you want a portable induction cooktop, knowing your dimension requirements of portable is the first thing to do.
Ideally, what manufacturers do is to produce a portable induction cooktop around the size of a ruler for width and length. A typical cooktop has a depth of about 2-3”.
In addition, the length of a typical portable induction cooktop is about 10-13”, typically, the cooking platter is also in this range. This is just about the size of many stove cookers.
Important features to look out for in an induction cooktop?
This feature helps your cooker monitor the bottom temperature of the cookware. So if there’s an empty pan on the cooking zone, the appliance adjusts itself to avoid causing any damage to the cookware.
This feature turns off the element automatically should there be any overheating, or if there’s no pan on the cooking zone.
Safety cut out
It allows your cooktop to switch itself off automatically of the cooking zone has been on the same temperature settings for a long time. The time frame before safety cut out happens depends on your best settings. The higher the settings, the lower the cooking zone will remain.
Auto Heat up
This feature lets the cooking zone to heat up to a certain level before returning to the preset settings after a period of time.
This is a feature that’s similar to heat up. The cooking zone heats up food or liquid at the highest setting, then drops to the lowest preselected setting.
Protection against overflows
If there’s a spillover on the controls, the cooktop shuts down automatically and beeps to notify you. All you need to do is clean the top and resume your cooking.
If you have the wrong pan or there’s no pan at all in the cooking zone, the cooktop won’t work. Also, if you remove the pan while cooking, the cooktop will stop and display a symbol. The symbol disappears when you return the pan to the cooktop. It also displays a symbol to indicate that you’ve got a wrong pan on the cooking zone.
Induction cooktops are safer compared to gas cooktops, but you still want to protect your kids from hot pots. So you want to look for the child lock feature.
Digital control readings
This feature gives you accurate temperature control readings.
The control panel should be placed not too close to the elements.
Some cooktops allow you to pause your cooking temporarily by pausing the heat.