Best Trackball Mouse 2020
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse
- Stop chasing a mouse around. Your trackball stays in one place and puts control under your thumb, so you don't have to move your arm to move your cursor. And its sculpted shape supports your hand for comfortable control all day long.
- This trackball includes the Logitech unifying receiver. The tiny wireless receiver stays in your laptop, so there's no need to unplug it when you move around. Plus, you can easily add a compatible keyboard, number pad or mouse-without the hassle of multiple USB receivers.
- You can go for up to 18 months without changing batteries and the convenient battery indicator helps to ensure that you'll never be caught off guard. Battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions.
- You get precise cursor control wherever you want to use your trackball. Hard tables, comfy sofas and lumpy beds are all no problem for the M570.
- The integrated scroll wheel and easy-to-reach back/forward buttons make control simple, whether you're web surfing on a laptop or navigating a home-theater PC.
Logitech M570 is an advanced trackball mouse. With this mouse, you don’t have to move your arm. Its sculpted shape supports the hand and keeps it comfortable the whole time. This is a wireless mouse and receives the signal through your PC without plugging it in.
It has a unifying receiver, and you can add as many devices you like without the hassle of multiple USB receivers. The battery time of this mouse varies with the user and computing conditions. You can go without changing the batteries for up to 18 months.
It has a precision scrolling wheel, and buttons for moving up and down. The tracking ball is easy to remove and clean. The cursor and trackball movement is precise and has an error-free operation. You can use the mouse either on a hard table or a comfy sofa; it will work without any problem.
Durable and sturdy
Battery time up to 18 months
Unifying receiver technology
Quickly accessible controls
Accurate buttons and scroll wheel
Buttons may die after a few years
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse is the Best Trackball Mouse 2020
Kensington Orbit Trackball Mouse
- Optical tracking technology provides precise cursor movement for superior accuracy so you can get where you want on the screen Quickly with less hand movement, improving productivity and efficiency; The blue 40mm ball has been specially designed with an absolute spherical, hard surface for precise tracking and control
- Unique scroll Ring let you move up and down web pages or documents with ease; ambidextrous design works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users
- Detachable Wrist rest softly cushions and cradles the hand and wrist in an ergonomic position for pain-free productivity during extended periods of activity on the computer
- Free downloadable KensingtonWorks software provides a personalized experience, giving you the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the 2 buttons, as well as adjusting cursor and scrolling speeds
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and chrome (version 44 and later); plug & play installation gets you clicking and scrolling through the reliable wired USB connection, and it does not need batteries; 5 Year
The Kensington Orbit trackball ball mouse has a unique construction and elegant design. It has optical tracking technology that gives the cursor a precise and accurate movement. You can control it quickly and with very little hand movement.
It will enhance productivity and efficiency. The ball is designed in perfect spherical shape. It has a hard surface to control user movements efficiently. The unique scroll ring allows you to move up and down on the web pages or documents quickly.
The trackball mouse has a bimanual design that works perfectly for both right-handed and left-handed users. Moreover, there is a detachable wrist rest that has a soft cushion padding. It gives the user pain-free productivity for long periods of work. You can install the software and customize the control buttons.
Durable and sturdy
Easy to use
Unique ring scroll
Detachable wrist rest
Wireless USB connection
Optical tracking technology
Allows you to customize control buttons
Compatible with Windows and Mac
It needs two batteries
Kensington Orbit Trackball Mouse is the Best Trackball Mouse 2020
Logitech Trackman Marble Trackball Mouse
- TRACKBALL COMFORT - Sculpted ambidexterous shape supports your right or left hand and stays in one place—move the cursor without moving your arm
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS - Moving quickly between documents or browsing your favorite Web sites is a breeze with large, easy-to-reach Back/Forward buttons
- ZERO SETUP REQUIRED - Flexible wired connectivity means you just plug the cable into your USB or PS/2 port - it works right out of the box.
- PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLS - Configure the buttons to do exactly what you want like switching applications, opening browser windows or jump to full screen while watching videos
- BUILT BY LOGITECH - This mouse comes with the quality and design we’ve built into more than a billion mice, more than any other manufacturer. System Requirements: Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10|USB port|CD-ROM drive|Mac OS X 10.4 or later
The Logitech Trackman has precise controls and is easy to use. You won’t regret buying it. It has a unique design and construction. The trackball is in the middle of the mouse, which makes it bimanual. You can use it without moving your arm, and the mouse stays in a place.
The sculpted design provided a comfortable working environment to your hand and wrist. The control buttons are very convenient and have optical tracking technology. The control buttons help you move quickly between the documents or web pages.
It requires no assembly; you just have to plug the cord in the USB port. The trackball is easy to operate with one finger. You can move the cursor with accuracy and without moving the mouse. The battery timing is excellent. You can power it through USB. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
Sturdy and stable
Easy to use
Precise control buttons
Optical tracking technology
There is no scroll wheel
Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse
- Large 55mm ball design and Diamond Eye optical tracking for precise cursor control; Patented scroll ring lets you scan up and down pages with ease
- Detachable, ergonomic wrist rest supports hand and wrist for improved comfort; Ambidextrous design
- Customizable 4-button design, scroll speed and cursor speed via KensingtonWorks software
- Connects wirelessly via built-in Bluetooth 4. 0LE or with the USB dongle using 2. 4Ghz wireless; Auto-sleep helps conserve battery life
- Compatible with Windows (7, 8, 8. 1, and 10), macOS (10. 8 and later), and Chrome (OS 44 and later); 3 year and lifetime technical support
Kensington has always surprised its users with its unique design. The design of this trackball mouse is very amazing and ergonomic. It has a tracking ball in the middle of the mouse, and the scroll ring covers the ball. This mouse is bimanual and convenient for both left-handed and right-handed users.
Precise control buttons and ring scroll surround the large ball 55mm in the middle. The ball has optical tracking technology and allows you to move the cursor accurately among the documents or web pages. The whole design is small and elegant with a detachable wrist rest.
The wrist rest is padded with cushion and provides the user with a comfy work environment for hours. You can easily customize the button controls, scroll speed, and cursor speed through a Kensington software.
Moreover, it connects wirelessly through a built-in Bluetooth mechanism or a USB dongle. If you are not using it for a while, it goes to auto-sleep and saves the battery. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
Sturdy and durable
Optical tracking technology
It is bimanual
Auto-sleep saves the battery
Compatible with Windows and Mac
The controls can be customized via software
Cushion padded detachable wrist rest
None as such
Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse
- Ergonomic sculpted design - unique adjustable hinge allows you to customize the trackball angle from 0 to 20 degrees for a more natural, comfortable hand position, and reduced muscle strain
- Cross-computer control- game-changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on 2 computers, and copy-paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech flow
- Dual connectivity- use with up to 3 Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth smart wireless technology
- Rechargeable battery- up to 70 days of power on a single charge; Nominal value : 380 dpi
- Precision scroll-wheel - tilt and middle click wheel allows for precise scrolling and other Convenient controls such as horizontal scrolling
A bimanual trackball mouse is trendy and convenient, but if you are interested in a thumb-operating trackball mouse, then this is the one to buy. The Logitech MX has a very amazing and ergonomic design. It can tilt up to 20-degrees and has very easy movements.
It has eight buttons and a trackball; you can customize these controls through a software. The sculpted design of the mouse provides a comfy working position to the hand and wrist for hours. It has a rechargeable battery that lasts for up to 4 months if charged once.
The 20-degree tilt provides a comfortable hand position and prevents muscle strain. It has a scroll button to use in a tilted position, along with tilt support. It has dual connectivity and can be used with three Windows or Mac through individual unifying receivers or Bluetooth technology.
Moreover, it has advanced optical trackball technology. You won’t regret spending money on this trackball mouse.
Long 70-day battery time
Built-in 20-degree tilt hinge
Advance optical trackball technology
Can be used between dual windows
Precise scroll wheel
Customizable control buttons
Heavier than other models
It is not bimanual
Trackball Mouse vs. Regular Mouse
These are two different types of mouse, based on their styles. In a regular mouse, you have to move your arm, hand, and fingers for the movement of the cursor. The trackball mouse works differently as you can control the movement of the cursor by the inserted trackball.
It is a more comfortable and enjoyable mouse for work. These are large and have a sculpted design that doesn’t cause pain in your hand muscles and is easy to operate. The trackball mouse is available in bimanual versions that make it convenient for left-handed people as well.
There is a study that has shown that people using a trackball mouse are less likely to get a hand muscle strain or wrist pain. The construction and design are two essential things in a trackball mouse. The trackball mouse is made for accuracy and high precision over controls.
How to choose the Best Trackball Mouse
Types of a Trackball Mouse
These have a trackball located on the left side of the mouse, which is controlled by your thumb. The rest of the fingers are used to control the remaining buttons. Left-handed people cannot use this type of trackball mouse, and they have to buy other versions made for left-hand.
Finger Operated Trackball
These have the trackball in the middle of the mouse and can be easily operated with your finger. They usually have a large ball, and buttons are placed on the side of the ball. There are some models available that have a ring scroll around the ball.
These trackballs are bimanual and are convenient for right-handed and left-handed users.
The ball should be smooth and should be able to rotate freely without friction. There are many models available that are expensive and have a high-quality trackball. A low-quality and cheap trackball can ruin the whole charm of using a trackball mouse.
The size of the ball matters, the large the size, the less rotation you need to move the cursor. They should be precise and accurate in cursor movement.
The trackball mouse has the right number of buttons. There are some models available with up to 8 buttons other than the trackball. The standard trackball mouse has only two buttons and a scroll wheel, and most have four buttons.
There are some versions of the trackball mouse that have extra buttons, even for a scroll wheel. If you do basic computing, then you need only two buttons and a scroll wheel to browse through documents or web pages.
If you are a gamer, you’ll probably need more than two buttons. You can easily find a trackball mouse with more buttons and customize these buttons according to your personal preferences.
There are various versions of trackball mouse that have a scroll wheel, but not all. A small scroll wheel can be easily controlled with your index or middle finger. The example can be seen in the reviewed Logitech M570 and MX models. There is also a scroll ring on some models like Kensington Orbit and Kensington Expert. The great
Logitech Trackman doesn’t have a scroll wheel, and it’s the only downside of this trackball mouse.
These are more convenient and compact. They take up less working space and are easy to carry around with you. This trackball mouse needs an AA battery and is supported by a 2.4 GHz receiver or Bluetooth or both.
These have infinite battery time as they are consuming the regular power source. Most people, especially gamers, prefer this trackball mouse. They are connected through a USB port and have a strong signal connection. It is fine to use any connection type as both are recommended.
The size of the device is equally important as the size of the ball. The small mouse is perfect for people with small hands like a Kensington Orbit Trackball mouse. You must make sure that the device you are investing in is perfect for you.
The size of the mouse should be perfect and shouldn’t strain your hand and wrist. Few small models have detachable wrist rests for accurate handling of the device. The Logitech M570 is also a smaller device for small hands.
People have different hand sizes and working styles, that is why they define comfort in their own unique way. The main reason why you should buy a comfortable mouse is that you cannot work for long hours when you don’t feel comfortable and are experiencing pains.
When you are buying a trackball mouse, just make sure to compare it with the size of your hand.
Many trackball mouse have more than two buttons, and you can customize them through the software they run on. The above reviewed Kensington Orbit, Kensington Expert, and Logitech MX have more buttons, and they are programmable. The advanced software also allows you to change the cursor speed, scrolling speed, and acceleration.
If you have a wireless trackball mouse, then you need batteries. The battery time varies with models ranging from 18 hours to 4 months. There is also some trackball mouse available that has rechargeable batteries.
The most recent and innovative models have better software and quality design and cost between $70 to $100 or more. The old versions with old software tend to be less expensive and are available in the range of $20 to $40. In the end, it depends on your needs, budget, and style of work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a trackball mouse better than a regular mouse?
There is no correct answer to this question as it depends on the work style and preference of the user. The trackball mouse does have an advantage over the regular mouse as it is more convenient and available in bimanual versions. There are many programmers and graphic designers that prefer trackball over the regular mouse.
Is the trackball mouse more ergonomic?
The trackball provides a more comfortable and enjoyable environment for the user. It doesn’t strain the arm, hand, and wrist muscles. It supports the hand properly, unlike the regular mouse, where your hand is not supported well.