Best Men’s Yoga Mats 2020
Aurorae Synergy 2 in 1 Yoga Mat for Hot, Ashtanga, Bikram and Active Yoga
- The Synergy Hot Yoga Mat is Aurorae’s most recent development and is US Patent Protected due to its unique design and manufacturing. As a special hot/active yoga mat, Synergy combines the best of both worlds all wrapped in one unique yoga mat.
- You’ll experience no more slipping or bunching of your towel as you move on top of your mat. The wetter this mat gets the better the grip as Towel and mat are bonded together
- 1st product of its kind that bonds our 5mm patented PER yoga mat as the bottom surface with our lush, non-slip microfiber towel as the top surface.
- SGS tested and approved. Free from Latex, Silicone and Phthalates
- We are a Small Family Business that works in the spirit of Yoga.Your Satisfaction is our Goal. 2 Year Guarantee. Check out our latest exciting development “Synergy On-the-Go” foldable, lightweight, 1.3lbs yoga mat, for yogis on the move.
Aurorae’s most recent development, the Synergy Hot Yoga Mat is suitable for hot/active yoga as well as all in one wrapped in the mat. During yoga, you will experience no bunching of the mat as you move over the mat. There will be no slipping due to the gripping options as the mat gets a better grip as a towel when it gets wetter. Make sure you read all the tips and instructions regarding the yoga tips and care on the back of the Aurorae paper wrapper. The mat contains no phenols, phthalates, PAHS, rubber, or latex. These are incredibly durable, odorless, easy to wash, and lightweight. The 5mm per yoga mat contains a non-slip microfiber towel as the top surface and bottom with the lush. The yoga mat comes with the 2-year guarantee made with Portuguese cork and natural rubber. The cork yoga mat is included with the non-slip rosin and carry strap. The thickness of the mat is suitable for extra comfort and safety.
Suitable for sweaty people due to gripping options
Durable and lightweight
Easy to wash and odorless
Best for comfort and safety
Cork Yoga Mat
Best yoga mat for men in 2020
Gaiam Yoga Mat
- LIGHTWEIGHT & THICK YOGA MAT: These durable, yet lightweight exercise yoga mats are extra thick for the additional cushioning your joints need during any yoga or fitness routine
- STICKY NON SLIP TEXTURE: Yoga mat features a textured sticky non slip surface for excellent traction and superior grip and a stylish design to keep you motivated and focused
- NON TOXIC & 6P FREE PVC yoga mat is a healthier choice for you and the planet and free of DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP and DNOP (Note: For best results unroll and air out your mat for 2 3 days before use a harmless odor may be present when unwrapped)
- FREE YOGA CLASS: Yoga mat purchase includes a free bonus downloadable yoga workout to help get you started
- DIMENSIONS: 68"L x 24"W x 6mm Thick
Gaiam yoga mat is a lightweight mat which is suitable for home as well as studio yoga practice. An additional 5/6mm cushioning helps to protect you from the hard floor. They are extra-thick, non-slip, and provide a stable surface for practicing yoga. There is the availability of 4 different colors- Aubergine Swirl, Lilac Perennial, Metallic Sunset, and Up-Tempo. This printed mat may release bad odor initially when unwrapped, which is harmless, but you are suggested to air out your mat before 3-4 days to using. These lightweight and durable mats are best for traveling and storage. It comes with a sticky non-slip texture for the superior grip. The purchase of these mats comes with downloadable yoga classes, which will help you to get started. The classes are taught exclusively by the world’s renowned instructor Rodney Yee.
Best for traveling
Lightweight and thick
Perfect for beginners
one of the best hot yoga mats for men in 2020
Aurorae Classic/printed Extra Thick and Long Premium Eco Safe Yoga Mat
- 1/4" Thick, 72" Long, 24" Wide with Rising Moon Focal point Icon to help your Focus with Illuminating Colors
- Our mats are Durable, Lightweight, Odorless and Easy to Care for/wash. Please make sure you read our yogi tips and care instructions that are printed on the back of our Aurorae paper wrapper.
- Mats have been tested and Safe No Phthalates, Phenols, PAHS, Latex, Silicone or Rubber
- Aurorae all-purpose yoga mats are for men, women and kids. At 72"x24" and 1/4" inch, it's great for Pilates or aerobics, outdoor activities like camping or fishing
- We are a Small Family Business that works in the spirit of Yoga.Your Satisfaction is our Goal. 2 Year Guarantee. Check out our latest NEW Yoga Mat developments on Amazon: 1) Aurorae Exciting New PRO Natural Cork/Rubber non slip Yoga Mat. Made from Portuguese Cork and Natural Rubber 2) Aurorae Super Sized "ULTRA" Super Sized Extra Long 78"; Extra Wide 26" and 1/4" Thick for comfort and Safety. Non Slip Rosin and Carry Strap included with "ULTRA" Mat only
Aurorae’s eco-safe mats are wide and long enough to practice the best yoga comfortably. They are incredibly durable, odorless, and easy to clean. The best part is it is suitable for men, women, and kids as well. Mats are tested and non-toxic. These are the new PRO Natural rubber and cork york mat, which is made with the Portuguese cork and Natural rubber. There are no phenols, PAHS, Silicone, phthalates, or rubber, and they are safe to use. The yoga mat comes with a 2-year guarantee.
lightweight and odorless
easy to clean
best for aerobics and outdoors as well
All-purpose yoga mat
Not suitable for latex allergens
Among the best yoga mats for men in 2020
Healthyoga Eco-Friendly Non-Slip Yoga Mat
- New Eco Friendly Material – More expensive but worth it. TPE is the latest technological improvement to the traditional yoga mats. No latex, no PVC, or any heavy metal. Our mats are made of SGS certified TPE material which is non-slip, odor-less and excellent in cushioning, unlike those cheap & traditional non-green PVC, NBR or EVA yoga mats. They are truly eco-friendly, healthy.
- Body Alignment System: The alignment lines help you to focus and adjust your hands and feet to the accurate position, and keep body in proper alignment.
- Perfect Performance –6mm in thickness offers the most comfortable experience for all level yogis. Double layer structure design provides optimal grip, excellent cushioning and double-sided non-slip texture, best suitable to practice many forms of Yoga.
- Extra Large Size: 72"(183cm) x 26" (65cm); Thickness: 6mm; Weight: 2.8lb (Approx). Longer and wider than regular yoga mats, ideal almost for everyone. Velcro strap and Carrying strap included.
- Specialized Yoga Brand: Being a professional yoga product manufacturer for over 10 years, we have been and still continuing to source our planet for the best materials to guarantee our customer total satisfaction. Please visit Heathyoga Amazon store for more product offerings.
Healthyoga mat comes with the latest TPE technology made with SGS certified TPE material, which is eco-friendly and healthy to use. They are odorless, non-slip, and best in cushioning. It comes with the body alignment marking lines, which helps you to adjust your hands and feet in proper positions and alignment. Ideal for every user as it comes with an extra size with the thickness of 6mm.carry straps, and Velcro straps are included and come in 5 different colors. The mat is highly recommended by most of the yoga studio instructors, and over 1 million yogis choose this mat every year. It comes with the non-slip technology due to the double layer design as it matches the non-slip requirements from your body as well as the floor. As the mat has its premium standard, each side of the mat contains an anti-slip texture, which is slip-resistant and provides extreme grip power. You will not experience slip during your practice as the mat will stay firm. The TPE is such materials that are highly durable even if stretched repeatedly. The mat provides extra durability than the single or double-layered mats due to the middle-mesh layer with an anti-tear design.
SGS certifies TPE material
Velcro strap, carry strap included
Durable anti-tear design
Good grip on the floor
Not suitable for hot yoga
One of the best yoga mats for men in 2020
BalanceFrom GoYoga All Purpose Yoga Mat
- 68" long 24" wide ensures comfort. With high density eco-friendly material, the 1/4'' thick premium mat comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees and elbows on hard floors while keeps you balanced
- With double sided non-slip surfaces, Balance From all-purpose premium exercise yoga mat comes with an excellent slip resistant advantage to prevent injuries
- Exceptional resilience allow you to keep your balance during any exercise style. Moisture resistant technology makes the mat to be easily washed with soap and water
- Easy strapping and light weight feature are added to this mat for easy transport and storage.
- A free yoga mat strap is included. All genuine Balance From products are covered by a 100% Balance From satisfaction guarantee and 2-year Balance From warranty. Material: PVC
The yoga mat comes with the high-density foam material with ½ thicknesses, which cushions your knees, spine, and elbows and hips on hard floors. It comes with the slip-resistant advantages to prevent injures as the exceptional resilience helps you to balance in the best yoga style. The mat is so long and wide at it comforts for the people of all shapes and sizes as well as it is lightweight and comes with secure strapping for storage and transport. The mat is easy to clean due to its high quality and moisture resistant technology. Free straps are included with the adjustable length.
Portable and lightweight
Easy to store and transport
Easy to wash
All Purpose Yoga Mat
Yoga Mats for Men – Buying Guide
Yoga mats are made of many materials such as rubber, PVC, cotton, polymer, NBR, PER, and TPE. Rubber mats are ubiquitous and considered best for beginners as well as budget-friendly. Due to the comfort and low-cost nature, PVC yoga mat are also most commonly used. Pure cotton mats are a little expensive than rubber and PVC mats, but they are best as sweat absorbents and provide grip for almost every asana.
Jute yoga mats are becoming popular as they have eco-friendly nature. It is very affordable and best for every type of asana with great durability. TPE yoga mat are best has elastic nature with high durability and provides cushioning. They are incredibly lightweight, durable and lasts long due to its ultra-soft and gel-like materials
Yoga mat vary in thickness, but the standard width for a yoga mat is considered to be 3.2mm. Some yoga mat even come with a depth of 15mm for extreme comfort, but too much width restricts you from specific asana. The range of the mats for thickness usually varies from 3-6mm, but if you are serious practitioners, then go for a standard thickness or thin mat.
Traction is an essential feature in the yoga mat as it means anti-grip and anti-slip features. For substantial practice or if you do more twisting, turning, then traction is the most crucial factor to look for. They are mostly categorized into dry and wet yoga mats. People usually go with the dry yoga mats, but if you are sweat prone, then you should go with wet mats. These wet yoga mats help to absorb the sweat and hold the positive without losing grip.
The ideal size of the yoga mat is 6*2 feet. This size is suitable for a small height or even your size as it covers the entire body while performing the asana. Choose a long yoga mat as it is ideal for everyone, from kids to older people.
Their rectangular, square, circle, and oval-shaped yoga mats available in the markets, which are highly in demand, so choose according to the need after selecting the size. Nowadays, there is a rise in demand for hourglass-shaped yoga mats for yoga enthusiasts, which are broad at the top and bottom and narrow in the middle.
Durability is also the primary factor to go with while choosing a yoga mat. There are many cotton and jute mats available that offer high durability, but it may lack in comfort. Rubber and other same mats may give you comfort, but they lack in strength. Some mats offer both comfort and durability, but they are expensive. You should go for the less expensive mat, gives comfort and durable.
If you don’t want to miss any yoga sessions even during traveling, then you must look for the yoga mat, which is lightweight and easy to carry. The mats which are easily foldable and require less space in the luggage are considered best in portability. You can even choose the yoga mat bags and straps for carrying those easily or for easy storage.
Frequently Asked Questions about Yoga Mats
How can I clean a yoga mat?
Cleaning yoga mat depends on the type of the mat. If you are using a PVC yoga mat, then there is no need for machine wash. Simply dip the mat in the detergent water and scrub it with a cloth manually. After that, take another cloth in clean water and wash the detergent off the mat by scrubbing it. If you are using a jute mat or a cotton mat, dip it into detergent and wash it. After that, again, dip it into a cool/ room-temperature water and let me dry. Make sure you are drying your yoga mat in the sunshine as it promotes the removal of residual bacteria on the mat. Usually, vinegar or lemon water is ideal for washing any type of mat. For drying, you can also dry your mat under fan or blower, but sunshine is preferable.
How long does a yoga mat last?
The way you practice yoga is a factor that determines the longevity of the mat. People who regularly practice hot yoga will notice that their mat tends to deteriorate faster. Along with this, some good quality yoga mats last for about two years. Quality plays a role in longevity. General or standard yoga mats generally have a life period of 6 months to 1 year. Some budget quality mats give you the signs of wear and tear with 4-5 months of usage.
What is the best thickness for a yoga mat?
Don’t go with the too thick or thin mat. The ideal thickness of the yoga mat is considered to be 3mm. The too thick mat can deprive the connection between the ground and the body. You can even get the wobbly sensations while standing positions of yoga. So go with the standard thickness, which also comes with ¼ thickness of the mat.
How often should I clean a yoga mat?
You can clean your yoga mat once in 4-5 days or every fortnight but follow the cleaning techniques, or the longevity of the mat will tend to reduce. The usage and the type of yoga you do also matters in the frequency of cleaning your mat as well.