Last Updated on
Best 4K Monitors for Gaming 2020
- High resolution 4K monitor: 28-inch LCD TN 3840x2160 resolution
- Eye Care comfort for extended sessions: Proprietary brightness Intelligence Adaptive technology adjusts brightness for comfortable viewing; low Blue light and zero flicker technology prevent headaches and eye strain. This eye Tech makes images easy On your eyes.
- Smooth game play: AMD Free Sync for smooth game play, eliminating tearing and broken frames; HDR technology offers greater brightness and contrast level for vivid images; 1 mms GTG; 60Hz; 10-bit displays 1. 07 billion colors
- Get connected: HDMI, DisplayPort input for multi-device connection. VESA wall mount
- Hear the action: built-in speakers x 2, Headphone jack
With a swift 1ms response time, the BenQ HDR 4K monitor for gaming is the best bet to go with. It offers compatible yet straightforward design and other features to look at. However, the brand BenQ may not be under similar kind of limelight like Asus. Still, its performance makes it a good deal to grab in 2020. To start with, this 28-inch HDR 4K monitor comes with an attractive price range to be affordable by major out there. So, its overall installation is a bit simple where stand requires a kind of small construction with screws.
It further provides two HDMI ports, an audio jack, and a display port. Also, the monitor type is a TN panel, which is advised to be better for first time users of 4K monitor screens. So, you are at ease while using the features of the monitor. BenQ has also taken concern in user’s eye care by two eye-care technologies, namely the Low Blue Light Technology and the Brightness Intelligence. Its 60Hz refresh rate is suitable but not made for giving high-speed rates.
Lovely HDR Tech
High-quality picture performance
Attractive price point
Only 60Hz refresh rate
- 28" 4K/UHD panel delivers superior resolution for maximum visual quality and immersion. Brightness(Max) : 330 cd/㎡
- ASUS Eye care technology with TUV certified Flicker free and Blue Light Filter for less Eye fatigue; Ergonomically-designed stand with Tilt, Swivel, Pivot, Height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for comfortable viewing position. VESA Wall Mounting : 100 x 100 mm
- 1ms response time and Adaptive-Sync technology ensures smooth visuals and responsive control. Inputs of HDMIx2, DisplayPort, USB3.0x2.
- 5-Way OSD Joystick delivers the most intuitive control scheme for a monitor, so you can access features such as ASUS GamePlus on-the-fly. Compliance and Standards- BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, C-Tick, ErP, FCC, J-MOSS, KCC, PSB, PSE, RoHS, TCO6.0, UkrSEPRO, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7), MEPS, TUV Flicker-free , TUV Low Blue Light, CU(EAC)
- ASUS Rapid Replacement 3 years warranty service with free cross shipping is included, so you can game on, worry-free. Adjust the contrast and brightness settings via OSD
Asus MG28UQ comes with fantastic build quality and performance. With a screen size 28-inch, refresh rate 60Hz, and Response time 1ms. The monitor is built with cutting edge specifications, which means the design is wholly an impressive yet straightforward piece. Apart from the big screen, the style is mostly comparable to its 1440 siblings. You will be amazed by its TN model Multi-screen configurations. It works on sRGB mode to offer excellent color performance. However, its light level doesn’t go the same as advertised, but its contrast provides more than a 10% screen luminance range. So, that’s good!
Its sRGB mode helps correct color contrast mode while in practical application. The product is equipped with FreeSync operational at 40-60Hz. Well, 60Hz is more than enough if you are into 4K gaming. Else, you should have a powerful GPU that can easily handle its packed more than 8 million pixels. Also, the monitor is responsive and quick in other performances as well.
Suitable to 4K gaming purposes
Great aspect ratio
Highly responsive monitor
Plenty of options
Not a high lights level
- STUNNING 4K UHD RESOLUTION (3840 x 2160) delivers lifelike details and extra clarity
- AMD FREESYNC and 1ms response time enables smoother game experience
- SUPPORTS AN INCREDIBLE 1 BILLION COLORS, about 64 times more colors than conventional monitor
- SPLIT SCREEN FUNCTION like Picture-by-Picture (PBP) lets you connect two devices to the monitor while maintaining their original quality
- CONNECT MULTIPLE INPUT SOURCES thru HDMI, display port and USB
Top quality pick by Samsung UE570 to make up your memorable experience in 4K gaming. The monitor does a great job of balancing out its various features to admire its multiple-performance capability. Moreover, the product is available in vibrant colors, affordable price range, and a very impressive grayscale to offer on-screen visuals that turn out to be a remarkable thing. Apart from gaming, you can also make it a genuine 4K office monitor.
Overall, the monitor looks impressive in its minimalist design pattern. The monitor is having inbuilt AMD FreeSync technology, which is a crucial 4K gaming feature. To mention, its connectivity is of the worthy features to provide 4K graphics at a 60Hz refresh rate via Display Port 1.2. It is again a TN monitor type that offers an excellent grayscale response time. However, it is not as efficient as the one provided by IPS monitor types.
Good narrow bezel
Great options of color gamut ranges
USB port absent
Not as efficient as IPS 4K monitor types
- Philips e-line 27" Led monitor with ultra clear 4K UHD (3840x2160) resolution with 10-bit IPS panel producing 1.074 billion colors for smooth color gradations and detail
- Elegant, slim design with narrow Border Display for a seamless appearance.Temperature range (operation): 0 to 40 °C
- Multiview enables active Dual connect and view at same time
- Displayport 1.2, HDMI 2.0 (x2) inputs with HDMI audio-out for convenience
- Peace OF mind: Philips Monitors come with 4-year advance replacement warranty in the United States, minimizing downtime
It is a 27-inch 4K UHD monitor with the availability of more than 1 billion colors and other exciting features. The monitor offers a slim, elegant design for seamless narrow border display. The brand Philips 276E8VJSB has also taken care of the user’s eyes with its flicker-free technology and low blue light mode. To further make its customers happy and feel comfortable, Philips has provided a 4-year advance replacement warranty, which is a great thing. The device is HDMI ready and contains all the required hardware to it.
There is a 10-bit color display with a depth of almost 12-bit internal processing and 1.074 billion colors. So, natural colors without color banding and gradations are there. The structure of the monitor is offering a required firmness and stability. The significant part about the monitor is its IPS 4K display, which is a way better than having a TN model type.
IPS 4K display
Vibrant colors availability
Flicker-free technology for eye protection
HDMI ready device
The impressive advanced warranty period
Not so sharp texts and pictures
- MULTIMEDIA JUGGERNAUT — This 4K widescreen monitor produces stunning images and captures every detail, turning every frame into a visual feast. The deep 1500R curvature provides greater viewing immersion by covering more field of view than 1800R monitors.
- GET LOST IN THE DETAIL — The HDR400-ready VA panel displays 16.7 million colors with 3000:1 contrast ratio. It produces color-rich images with 99% sRGB gamut and stunning detail that can only come from a true UHD 3840x2160p monitor.
- EXTENSIVE CONNECTIONS — Connect to other devices using the three HDMI ports or DP 1.2. The NV32Q works perfectly as a game console monitor and with external sound systems through the 3.5mm audio jack. Multitask like a beast, with built-in PIP/PBP.
- VIOTEK GAMING SUITE — This 32-inch gaming monitor comes with in-demand features designed to give you a competitive edge, including motion-smoothing FreeSync, G-Sync-Compatibility, FPS/RTS display optimization, and target-enhancing GAMEPLUS crosshairs.
- WE DON’T PLAY WITH DEAD PIXELS – And neither will you! New VIOTEK curved gaming monitors are protected by our Zero-Tolerance Dead Pixel Policy and 3-Year Limited Warranty. 100% U.S. customer service support.
The Viotek NV32Q 4K Gaming for Monitor is developed with high-end compatibility for your game consoles. It is FreeSync and HDMI ready device with a super big screen of 32-inches. You will also experience a kind of required response time with the gaming monitor. They said it as ‘multimedia juggernaut’ to be designed with 1500R curvature. With the production of stunning images, it helps capture even little details on a big screen. So, viewing angle or field of view is more than those of 1800R Monitors.
The significant part about the device is combined or adaptive sync compatibility. This competitive edge provides you with a smooth G-Sync and FreeSync compatibility, which may make it a little bit pricey monitor as compared to others. Furthermore, the device is worth noting via its inbuilt PBP/PIB functionality for Twitch streamers, teleconferencing, and more. The VA panel displays more than 16 million colors along with its 3000:1 contrast ratio. Thus, images are all crisp and color-rich through its 99% sRGB gamut.
Crisp and highly detailed picture
Great response time
- 27 inches Uhd 4K (3840 x 2160) widescreen IPS display with NVIDIA G SYNC
- 120Hz (overclocking to 144Hz) Using Display port
- Response time: 4ms (GTG) at 4K resolution and Ports: 1 x Display Port V1.4, 1 x HDMI V2.0 and 4 USB 3.0 Ports (Display port and USB cable included)
- High brightness and contrast with Vega Certified displays 400
- Dci p3 90 percentage wide Color gamut, optimize colors with Quantum dot technology and no color difference with Delta e
The Acer Predator XB273K is has a refresh rate of 144Hz. G-Sync is perfect with both standard and HDR content. No screen tearing was experienced. Pro-level color accuracy was amazing. A truly beautiful picture quality, terrific colour quality, contrast and depth. It comes with ports. For the price, this is impossible to beat.
This is the best 144Hz 4K Monitor for Gaming in 2020. Superb gaming monitor.
- 27 inches UHD (3840 x 2160) Widescreen IPS Display
- NVIDIA G SYNC Ultimate Tear Free Gaming
- 120Hz (OverClocking to 144Hz) Using Display Port
- Response Time: 4ms (GTG) at 4K Resolution. Tilt angle 5 to 25 degree
- 10bit Color with Quantum Dot Technology; 99 percentage Adobe RGB Color Gamut; DCI P3 Color Space
Acer Predator X27 is the benchmark when it comes to the best 4K Gaming monitors. This 4K monitor changed gaming forever. Whatever you need, this does it all. Acer Predator X27 is a great IPS monitor with great picture quality and wide viewing angles. This monitor is well suited for a bright rooms as it has good peak brightness.
Acer Predator X27 supports Nvidia G-Sync.
This is one of the best 4K Monitors for Gaming in 2020. This is the best G-Sync 4K Monitor.
- 32-INCH 4K CURVED MONITOR with world’s most curved 1500R curvature delivers realistic viewing experience
- CES 2019 INNOVATION Award Winner
- INCREDIBLY VIBRANT AND DARKER BLACKS with 1 billion colors and 2500:1 contrast ratio
- SPLIT SCREEN FUNCTION like PBP (Picture-by-Picture) lets you connect two different devices while maintaining original resolution
- GAME MODE optimizes image contrast in each game genre
The monitor comes with a 1500mm curve radius and is 32-inch monitor. It has a 60Hz refresh rate and no G-Sync or FreeSync. So its isnt for professional competitive gamers. It is perfect for day to day sue and comes with a budget price.
This is the Best Curved 4K Gaming Monitor
- 27 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) 144 Hertz HDR gaming monitor with integrated aura Sync and ambient light sensor embraces ROG standards and design
- Nvidia G SYNC HDR for lifelike contrast and color, display HDR 1000 and UHD premium Certified with peak 1000 nits brightness and 384 local dimming zones
- Quantum dot IPS display with 97% DCI P3 (99% Adobe RGB) color gamut for realistic colors and smoother gradation.Brightness : 600 cd/㎡ (Typical)/1000 cd/㎡ (Peak)
- Marathon ready with game grade ergonomics such as tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustments and ASUS Eye Care technology to reduce eyestrain via Blue light filter and flicker free back lighting
- Flexible connectivity options with Display Port 1.4, HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 hub
- 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) 27 inch IPS Display
- HDR10 compatible; Viewing Angle 178/178 (CR≥10) (Typ)
- sRGB 99 percent Color Gamut
- AMD FreeSync technology
- HDCP 2.2 compatible
This is probably the best budget 4K Monitor for Gaming in 2020.
How to choose the best 4K monitor for gaming?
There is a whole list of factors we can define you to decide upon the best 4K monitor device.
Type of Monitor
The online world of 4K monitors for gaming will offer you mainly three kinds of monitors, i.e., IPS, TN, and IGZO. Each one has its own merits and demerits. Given below are their few specifications and advantages.
The Simplest panel for beginners is going to be the TN Monitor type, which further comes in the very affordable price range. With the TN, you can also expect quick responsiveness along with easy to use interface. However, users are required to compromise for accurate colors in images.
IGZO panels have advanced transistor-based designs to offer high power services. At the same time, you will get shallow mass with panels to stay always ready to consume more power delivery and energy. So, IGZO Panels are generally a high-end form.
IPS Panel provides improved performance in terms of both color regeneration and image sharpness. These panels are also considered as better for both newbies as well as a bit-experienced gamer. Sometimes, the response time in comparison to the IGZO panel may be high, but it is efficient than the TN panel, which is available in most 4K monitors.
Size of Monitor
Size here refers to the overall device’s size and not only the screen display size. Bigger size is precise, but you should have equivalent space for preserving it. So, make sure you are deciding on the product based on this factor. The size is generally measured diagonally by length and most of the time mentioned in terms of aspect ratio. So, if you love geometry and algebra in any of life’s scenarios, you can yourself calculate the width and height of display from the provided aspect ratio.
Color accuracy needs to be placed essential stress along with several advanced features in a 4K gaming monitor. It is necessary to have decent color accuracy because the right colors can always lead to better gaming experience as well as information. RGB patterns are followed from years for the accurate color adjustment where the sRGB is taken as one of the best color accuracy systems.
However, you should be concerned about getting the perfect hue when we are talking over this term. Also, if the color gets distracted from its original nature, the error will be represented by Delta E figure. So, having a Delta E low value means better color delivery. Well, the advised recommendation is 1.0 if you want to go a little bit into further technical specs.
The length ratio in terms of display screen’s height is called an aspect ratio. The ratio that is considered the most popular is 16:9 that delivers astounding results for movies and games. And, you can also go for a 21:9 aspect ratio, which is exemplary for a hardcore gamer. However, the 16:9 aspect ratio can be enjoyed with great vertical space. It also works better when you need to follow multiple images or documents.
Low response time means better and fast performance with no or very little input lag. Well, one millisecond is the lowest response time for TN monitor types you should consider. And, the new IPS monitors have a response time of 4ms. So, whenever you play hardcore games, keep the response time as low as possible to avoid latency.
It is defined as the difference between the darkest and brightest reflections on the screen. So, it’s better to buy 4K gaming monitors with a high contrast ratio because it gives a fantastic performance on screen. However, it is sometimes impossible to analyze the product based on the contrast ratio because manufacturers have produced products on different parameters.
You may have come across some monitors with uncertified DP cables. These are significant causes of having severe damage that can even destroy the whole system. They can make secure connections with pin 20 that reflect unwanted voltage. Uncertified cables are also not suitable for 4K display as it can’t even function properly with 60Hz rating and also cause disturbances in refresh rates.
As we have mentioned refresh rate so many times, it is one of the essential considerations. However, there are various refresh rate options produced by manufacturers where mostly hovers around 60Hz. Most others also have 144Hz. And, if you consider a 30Hz refresh rate, it becomes challenging for you to do image and video editing because mouse handling becomes somewhat messy at such a slow speed.
G-Sync and FreeSync
The combination of these two rows is adaptive sync. These settings enhance the system performance over graphic mismatch problems, screen tearing issues, and mismatches in the refresh rate. The screen tearing issue is a kind of problem affecting the gamers when they switch to fast-paced games. This is where the synchronization capability of G-Sync or FreeSync comes into place. Both help to make the video smoother. The reason why G-Sync requires Nvidia GPU is that Nvidia makes it.
This reason also increases their price tag. On the other hand, FreeSync is developed by AMD. And, the FreeSync is mostly free for manufacturers; many monitors come up with FreeSync technology.
Take a close look at the viewing angle. Well, it doesn’t make the most of consideration, but still, it makes some part. It decides with which angle you can look on the monitor. So, if the numbers lie somewhere around 180, it gives a better viewing experience.
Go ahead while choosing the best gaming experience product. Our list of 5 best 4K monitors for gaming and the ultimate buying guide may prove to be very helpful in making the right decision. Especially if you are a newbie in choosing a gaming monitor, go through our buying guide to consider various factors.
Last update on 2020-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API