Best Cruelty-Free Concealer 2020
- A full-coverage, 16-hour wear concealer which conceals, corrects, contours and highlights for flawless skin.
- The versatile doe foot applicator applies the creamy oil-balancing formula evenly and precisely, leaving behind a matte finish.
- 2019 Cosmopolitan UK Beauty Award Winner.
- Available in 26 different shades and suitable for all skin types.
- Cruelty-free, vegan and 100% free from Phthalates, Parabens, Nonylphenol, Ethoxylates, Triclosan, Triclocarban, and Hydroquinone.
The E.I.F. is very popular among makeup artists. This is a highly-pigmented, lightweight, and matte concealer. It stays on the skin for 16 hours and is available in quite a variety of color ranges. It is a quality skin concealer that won’t set into wrinkles on your face. The E.I.F. is proud to manufacture cruelty-free, no animal testing and vegan products for its customers. The product is 100% free from harmful chemicals
Full coverage concealer
100% safe from harmful chemicals
Highly pigmented and lightweight
None as such, it is a decent concealer
E.I.F. Camo Concealer is the best cruelty-free concealer in 2020
- CONCEAL IMPERFECTIONS: Retouch + Erase Light-Lifting Concealer instantly erases the look of dark circles, spots, blemishes and imperfections with an added face brightening effect.
- AVAILABLE IN 7 SHADES: Choose from 7 different shades to find the one that best matches your complexion. Achieve flawless color correction through light technology—like a face-perfecting filter with a smooth, undetectable finish.
- CRUELTY-FREE BEAUTY: A mess-proof cushion tip applicator blends the lightweight, full coverage face concealer formula over skin easily without creasing or settling into fine lines. Never tested on animals.
- TIPS & TRICKS: Gently squeeze the buildable, full coverage formula and apply concealer to under-eye area to hide dark circles, cover blemishes, spots and imperfections. Blend with mess-proof cushion tip applicator.
- WE ARE MILANI: Born in East LA, we've always been connected to the rich diversity of our neighborhood, because it’s a place that truly embodies the melting pot of Los Angeles. We're not inspired by couture and top models. Our passion is real people, living real lives. Beauty is for everyone. No matter who you are or where you come from, we're here to fuel your self-expression with makeup for every shade, attitude, and ethnicity. No judgment. No exceptions.
The Milani Concealer conceals all imperfections like hyperpigmentation, acne marks, blemishes, and even a tattoo on your skin. The coverage is full to medium, but it gives a dewy finish to your face. So, it is not an excellent option for people with oily skin. If you power your face, then it can work. It comes in seven different shades and a sponge tip applicator.
The winning part of this product is that it’s animal cruelty-free and vegan. The coverage is buildable. It is lightweight and sets on the face smoothly without making creases.The perfect way to apply this concealer is to prep your skin first and apply it in dots over the desired areas. The best way to blend it is to use either fingertips or a beauty blender.
Mess-free sponge tip applicator
Coverage is buildable
The sponge tip applicator could be improved
Milani Retouch + Erase concealer is one of the best cruelty-free concealers 2020.
- This Lightweight, Creamy Concealer Delivers Medium Coverage With A Silky, Serum-Like Texture That Blends Seamlessly Into The Skin
- Works To Mattify + Refine Skin Throughout The Day - Protects The Skin From Free Radicals + Environmental Damage While Helping To Firm, Soothe & Nourish The Skin’s Surface
- Featherweight On Application, It Immediately Reduces The Appearance Of Dark Circles + Discolorations, Leaving Skin Slightly Brightened And Flawless
- 100% Natural Dye, Vegan, Silicone-Free, Cruelty-Free, Clean Makeup
- Available in 12 Shades
The Ilia Natural Concealer is a creamy concealer that gives medium coverage and a silky finish. The concealer blends smoothly and won’t settle into the wrinkles and fine lines on the face. It covers all imperfections like blemishes, hyperpigmentation, acne marks and spots.
It stays for 24 hours on the skin and gives a matte finish. The True Skin Serum Concealer protects your skin from environmental damage and nourishes it. ILIA has used 100% natural dyes in the concealers. It is available in 12 shades. It is vegan, cruelty-free, silicone-free, and a natural concealer.
100% natural and vegan
Lightweight and smooth
Covers all imperfections
Available in 12 shades
24 hours stay and matte finish
It is expensive
ILIA – Natural True Skin Serum Concealer is one of the best cruelty-free concealers in 2020.
- Contains one twist tube of COVERGIRL Smoothers Moisturizing Concealer for Fair skin tones. This solid concealer is fragrance free, lightweight, and contains ginseng, vitamin E and chamomile to help conceal dark under eye circles and other imperfections
- You know that clean, ageless skin is the foundation of a fabulous look and COVERGIRL foundations, powders, and concealers make it simple. Whatever your look, COVERGIRL makeup will outlast your longest day, keeping your face radiant and natural looking
- Whether you are going for a classic look that's the foundation of your style, trying an advanced technique, looking for a skin treatment or just to treat your skin, COVERGIRL makeup has the professional quality makeup to enhance your natural radiance
- COVERGIRL makeup gives you the makeup you need to be who you are. Fill your makeup bag with COVERGIRL products for eyes, lips, and face. COVERGIRL makeup helps you achieve the perfect brows, lashes, lips and contouring to show off your individual style
- COVERGIRL has your makeup needs covered with a wide range of makeup from mascara, eyeliner, & eyeshadow to lipstick, lip liner & lip gloss to blush, foundation & powder. There's a COVERGIRL product for every style & look. COVERGIRL- I am what I make up
This concealer comes in a twist-tube stick. It not only covers imperfections of the skin but also moisturizes the skin. The CoverGirl Concealer is lightweight, fragrance-free, and moisturizing. It covers dark circles, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and acne spots perfectly.
Vitamin E and Chamomile give an extra glow to your skin. The right way to apply it is to prep your skin with moisturizing serum and primer. Apply the concealer in dots on the desired areas and blend it with fingertips.
The good part about this concealer is that it is natural and cruelty-free. It is free of harmful chemicals.
Vegan and natural
Gives a radiant finish
Covers all imperfections
Packed with good botanicals
It is soft, swivel carefully or it will break
COVERGIRL Moisturizing Concealer is one of the best cruelty-free concealers in 2020.
- Looks soft and luminous on your skin—but delivers serious, crease resistant camouflage with its medium-to-full coverage
- This concealer won’t settle into facial lines and wrinkles
- Lightweight formula blurs, for a natural look
- You simply get a flawless effect that lasts for up to 12 hours
- As always, Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist tested. Clean. Cruelty free. Fragrance free. Oil free
If you want a crease-resistant and good quality concealer, then this must be your pick. The Almay Skin Comfort Concealer is lightweight and gives a silky finish. The application is smooth and friction-free. It provides medium to full coverage.
You can build the product on your face, and it won’t get cakey. The concealer won’t fix into a fine line, wrinkles, or creases. It stays up to 12 hours on your skin. The winning part of Almay Skin Comfort Concealer is that it is natural, cruelty-free, and free from harmful chemicals.
Stays up to 12 hours
Brightens the Skin
Available in 8 shades
It is not the right product for people with dry Skin
Almay Comfort Concealer is without a doubt one of the best budget cruelty free concealers.
Benefits of Cruelty Free Concealers
A good concealer can cover all the imperfections like blemishes, hyperpigmentation, acne marks, under eyes dark circles and spots. Concealer helps to neutralize the redness on your face. If you buy the right concealer, it also covers your wrinkles and won’t show fine lines.
They can also be used to shape the eyebrows and make them look clean. In short, concealers help to enhance the appearance of the face, making it look radiant and smooth.
Types of Concealers
These are best for beginner makeup artists. Stick based concealers are usually thick in texture and give the most coverage. These types of concealers work best on moisturized skin. The plus point of these concealers is that they won’t settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Use the right amount of product, followed by enough powder on it.
These concealers work best on dry and combination skin types. You have to be very careful about the amount you use because these concealers tend to get cakey. The cream concealers give full coverage and won’t settle in wrinkles or make creases on your face.
The professionals use liquid concealers as they are most versatile and easy to apply. These concealers come with a mess-free applicator and blend very quickly. These are lightweight, have buildable coverage, and won’t get cakey. Liquid concealers come in different types of finishes: matte and dewy.
Heavy coverage concealers are used to cover the scars, pimples, birthmarks, redness, or dark spots. These concealers have a creamy formula that is why it is easy to cover heavy problems.
These concealers are perfect for reducing the puffiness under eyes and hyperpigmentation. Liquid coverage concealers provide medium coverage, but it is buildable.
These concealers are ideal for light and small spots that required very sheer coverage. The pen concealers have a tiny tip that is easy to apply and blend.
Type of Skin
It is a difficult job to select the right concealer that suits your skin color and type. If you have dry skin, then you should avoid matte finish concealers as they will emphasize your dry patches. You should also avoid powder concealers as well will cause creasing.
If you have dry skin, buy liquid concealers that have a dewy finish or go for cream concealers. Oily skin usually has large open pores, don’t buy a cream or stick concealers as they enhance the rough texture of your skin. Buy liquid concealers with a matte finish, and these work best with oily skin type.
The shade of the skin
Now comes the shade. There is a fundamental strategy buying the perfect shade of concealer. If you want to cover the acne marks, blemishes, dark circles and spots, then buy a concealer that is one or two tones darker than your actual skin color. If you want to brighten the under eyes, buy the concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin.
The application technique you follow is the real game-changer. The best way to apply the concealer is to always prep your face. Moisturize your face well forward with primer. First, apply a thin layer of concealer in dots on the problematic areas and blend it well.
Apply the concealer on desired areas and blend it with the help of a beauty blender. It is preferred to use fingertips rather than a beauty blender. The fingertips tend to get warm, and it melts the concealer into your skin. If you have oily skin apply water-based moisturizer, finish the application by setting it with either pressed or loose powder.
It is essential to test the concealer before investing money in it. If you are buying the concealer from a store, they have testers available and allow you to try before buying. Apply a small dot on your skin or along with the wrist, blend it and let it sit for some time. If it irritates your skin and causes redness, then don’t buy it. You can also purchase dermatologist-tested organic concealers. They are safe from all chemicals.
How to check for a cruelty free concealer?
Leaping bunny sign
You must do some research about the concealer brands that are genuinely making cruelty-free and natural products. Never blindly trust the people. The best way to check out if the product is cruelty-free is to look for a leaping bunny symbol on the product packaging. It means that the product is safe to use.
If you don’t know about cruelty-free products, do some online research, read articles and news. The manufacturers used to test their products on animals, and this procedure was making an animal suffer a lot. A simple search like “Is X.Y.Z. Product cruelty-free?” or “Does X.Y.Z. Product has been tested on animals?” is going to give you enough information and is very helpful.
E-mail the manufacturer
If you can’t find any information about the product being cruelty-free or not, just Email the company. Look for “contact us” on their official websites. You can find their Email address on the site, fill out the requirements, and send them a professional mail. Ask them if their ingredients are tested on animals, or they use organic/natural ingredients.
Not everything that has a price tag will have a high quality. You can find various products in the market that are affordable and have great quality as well. Prices of concealers vary with the brand. Popular and high-end products are costly, but they are high in quality.
You should invest in a concealer that is pocket-friendly and suits your requirements. You can buy concealers from various drug stores as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the most out of applying my concealer?
The best way of applying your concealer so that it will stay perfect all day is to prep your skin with moisturizer and primer. This creates a clean canvas for your concealer to be applied smoothly and gives a radiant look.
How do I know my concealer shade?
If you want to cover dark circles or blemishes, buy one tone darker concealer than your actual skin shade. Highlight the under-eye with a shade lighter than the exact shade of yours. For the face, select a concealer that matches precisely with your skin color.
What is a vegan/organic concealer?
Organic or natural concealers are made from plants and other natural ingredients. These concealers don’t use harmful chemicals.
What is a cruelty-free makeup?
The products have not been tested on animals. This means that no animals were harmed during the manufacturing of the product.
These products not only help the animals but also, they are safer to use on your skin. These products use safe ingredients.
How is a foundation different from a concealer?
There is a difference in the application of these two products. Foundation is used to apply on the entire skin and evens the skin tone, whereas the concealers are used to cover small imperfections before applying foundation. It conceals the dark circles, blur out spots and blemishes.
How to stop concealers from setting into fine lines?
You must use the right amount of the product, and less is more. Apply a little amount at first and then build the coverage by applying more layers if you need it. Finish the application by using powder on the skin to lock the concealer in place.