Last Updated on
Best Fujifilm Mirrorless Cameras 2020
- Advanced Image Sensor Technology: The 26.1MP BSI APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4 image sensor and X-Processor 4 quad-core CPU combination provide accurate AF and Face Detection for moving subjects when capturing either high-resolution stills or recording 4K video.
- Accurate Auto-Focus Tracking and Face Detection: he new X-Processor 4 Quad Core-CPU offers fast and accurate face-detection for moving people. Additionally, eye-detection AF now works in AF-C mode, which results in accurate focus-tracking for moving portrait subjects. The low-light limit for phase detection AF has been expanded even more from the conventional +0.5EV to -3EV, to allow for operation in a wide range of lighting scenarios.
- Superior Video and Image Effects: The X-T30 offers the ability to record 4K video at 30 frames per second or capture of 120 frames per second at 1080p to create super slow motion effects. Filmmakers needing extreme color fidelity can record 10-bit, 4:2:2 color through the camera?s HDMI port.
- Intuitive Design with Comfortable Controls: Offers 3.0-inch touch LCD with 2-way tilting and improved touch screen to capture images efficiently in challenging situations. Provides advanced SR Auto mode - easily activated with a lever - to automatically choose the optimum shooting settings for a given scene out of 58 presets.
- Next-Gen Wireless Connectivity: Built-in Wi-Fi? and Bluetooth V.4.2 offers digital communication with the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app to wirelessly control the camera or share images to smart devices. Operating Temperature: 0°C - 40°C (+32°F - +104°F)
Fujifilm X-T30 is one of the best mirrorless cameras in 2020. The Fujifilm X-T30 can record 4K video, making it suitable for vloggers and filmmakers. With a quad-core X-Processor 4, and noise reduction due to the X Trance CMOS 4 sensor, this mirrorless camera takes stunning videos and photos. It has two modes: control and auto, which can be interchangeable depending on how you want to shoot. It has the continuous shooting of up to 30 fps while you also have a choice between mechanical and electronic shutter. Don’t want to startle your subject? It has a silent mode for that.
Two modes: control and auto
Excellent 4K video capability
Mechanical or electronic shutter
Face select feature
The focus motors can still make some noise
Verdict: The Fujifilm X-T30 is the best Fujifilm mirrorless camera for shooting video in 2020.
- 43.8mm x 32.9mm, 51.4 MP CMOS sensor, boasting Approx. 1.7x the area of full frame sensors + x processor Pro
- Operating temperature -10°C - +40°C (+14°F - +104°F)C.Compact and lightweight body with high rigidity due to the adoption of magnesium alloy
- Detachable 3.69M-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder
- 2.36M-dot, three-directional tilting, Touchscreen LCD
- Newly developed large diameter g mount with excellent robustness and durability.Operating Temperature:-10°C - +40°C (+14°F - +104°F)C
Fujifilm GFX 50S has a whopping 51.4 megapixels to boast. It is also weather-resistant and can be used in temperatures up to -10 degrees Celsius – perfect for winter photoshoots. Its touchscreen display can be tilted in 3 different ways for convenience. The electronic viewfinder can be magnified up to 0.85x, so close-up pictures are easy to take. You can also use the included grain and chrome effect to add more punch and power to your produced images.
• Tilting touchscreen display
• Can display histograms (with an option for warnings)
• High magnification of the electronic viewfinder
• Weatherproof and freezeproof
Excellent resolution at 51.4 megapixels
• Grain and color chrome effect
• A little expensive
This is the Best Fujifilm Mirrorless Cameras with a supremely high megapixel count and weatherproof
- 24.3MP X Trans CMOS III APS C sensor with no low pass filter and X Processor Pro
- 5.0Fps Live view shooting, start up time of 0.4sec, shutter time lag of 0.050sec And shooting Interval of 0.25sec
- 3.0 inches tilting Touchscreen panel for operation at almost any angle; Weight (approx) excluding caps and hoods 310 grams
- 4K video using the x series famous film Simulation effects (including ACROS); you can output recorded video to an external monitor via the HDMI port and input audio from an external microphone
- Af c custom settings for moving subjects; Advanced SR AUTO mode; Wireless transmitter: IEEE 802.11b / g / n (standard wireless protocol)
Fujifilm X-T20 is the best mirrorless camera for beginners. It is easy to use with 58 different auto-presets, including landscape, portrait, blue sky, beach, and more. All the focus is on taking photos quickly without wasting time on getting the perfect settings. For those who are veterans, you can use the control mode, which also allows you to manually tweak the different settings and of course, the lenses itself. The tilting LCD and touch screen monitor make for easy viewing,
Two modes: control (advanced) and auto (beginners)
Tilting LCD and touch screen monitor
An electronic viewfinder with 54.54 fps for almost lag-free previews
Custom autofocus settings
Continuous shooting at 8.0 fps
X-Trans CMOS III Sensor for noise reduction
Some buttons on the right could be prone to accidentally pressing
X-T20 is best for shooting in different locations due to its automatic mode.
- 24.3MP X Trans CMOS III APS C sensor with no low pass filter and X Processor Pro
- 8 way focus lever plus the number of focusing points has been expanded from 49 in previous models to 91 (up to 325 points)
- Built in Iso dial, incorporated into the shutter speed dial and operating temperature is 0 degree Celsius to 40 degree Celsius (+32 degree Fahrenheit to +104 degree Fahrenheit); Operating Humidity: 10 to 80 Percent (no condensation)
- AF mode(single / Zone / wide tracking).Hot shoe:Dedicated TTL Flash compatible.Exposure control:TTL 256 zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
- New np w126s lithium battery; Focus distance Approx. 10 centimeter Infinity / 3.9 Inches Infinity
Fujifilm X100F has one of the best ISO dials, which is easy to adjust. The shutter speed can also be easily adjusted. This allows for taking photos quickly. X-Trans CMOS III sensor gives for excellent noise reduction. The color filter also keeps the noise levels low.
Noise-reducing APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
ISO-dial is incorporated with the shutter speed dial
Upgraded focus points (91 vs. 49 of previous models)
Improved 60 fps display due to the X-Processor Pro
Focus lever for quickly moving the AF point
Real-time parallax correction
The strap may be a bit uncomfortable
This camera is best for shooting pictures quickly.
- 16MP X-Trans CMOS II Sensor W/ EXR Processor II
- New Auto Focus System - Single, Zone, Wide x AF-S, AF-C - 3D Tracking (Wide x AF-C) - Phase Detection + Contrast
- 2.36M dot OLED Electronic VF - World’s shortest display lag time 0.005sec. - 0.62x Finder Magnification
- New “X-T” Design - Compact Magnesium Body - Well balanced handing and grip - 3 Dials on Top and 2 Command Dials - Built-in Pop up Flash
This one is best for travel as it is compact. It has auto mode and control mode, so it’s suitable for both beginners and advanced photographers alike. Since it has a compact design, you can definitely find it as a travel buddy or a tourist camera. It has a total of 6 autofocus modes, which can be useful if you want to take pictures of moving objects, such as vehicles and animals. This camera can also be integrated with your smartphone so you can set it up on a tripod and shoot with your phone.
Six autofocus modes
Lightweight and compact design
Auto mode and control mode
Advanced color filters
Fujifilm X-T10 is the best mirrorless for travelers. It is easy to carry, lightweight, and quick to take photos.
- 16.3MP APS-C "X-Trans" CMOS sensor
- 6 frames per second continuous shooting
- Contrast detect AF
- ISO 200-6400, expandable up to 25,600
- 1080 HD video
If you love the bokeh effect, then you will love Fujifilm X-E1. It improves the bokeh effect due to the shallow depth of field thanks to its APS-C sensor. The ISO levels can be expanded up to ISO25600, which can be heaven-sent if you’re shooting in very dark places.
Since there is an analog interface for the settings, there’s no need to turn the camera on (to avoid waste of battery life) just to check it. This helps take photos quickly based on your predetermined settings.
Capable of full HD videos (1920 x 1080)
Great for bokeh capturing
Analog interface for settings
Extended ISO settings
Lightweight and compact
The battery may not last long compared to other models
Verdict: Fujifilm X-E1 is one of the best beginner mirrorless cameras and takes some of the best bokeh pictures and videos.
- Advanced image sensor technology: the 26. 1MP BSI APS C X Trans CMOS 4 image sensor and X Processor 4 quad core CPU combination provide accurate AF and face detection for moving subjects when capturing either high resolution stills or recording 4K video
- Accurate auto focus tracking and face detection: he new X Processor 4 quad core cpu offers fast and accurate face detection for moving people. Additionally, eye detection AF now works in af c mode, which results in accurate focus tracking for moving portrait subjects. The low light limit for Phase detection AF has been expanded even more from the conventional +0. 5EV to -3EV, to allow for operation in a wide range of lighting scenarios
- Superior video and image effects: The x t30 offers the ability to record 4K video at 30 frames per second or capture of 120 frames per second at 1080P to create super slow motion effects. Filmmakers needing extreme color fidelity can record 10 bit, 4: 2: 2 Color through the camera’s HDMI port
- Intuitive design with comfortable controls: offers 3. 0 Inch touch LCD with 2 way tilting and improved touch screen to capture images efficiently in challenging situations. Provides advanced SR auto mode easily activated with a lever to automatically choose the optimum shooting settings For a given scene out of 58 presets
- Next gen wireless Connectivity: Built in WiFi and Bluetooth V. 4. 2 offers digital communication with the free Fujifilm camera Remote app to wirelessly control the camera or Share images to smart devices
- 24.2 Megapixel APS C size sensor with Color Reproduction technology refined over 80 years; Artistic expression are made easy with the x t100 with film Simulation and advanced filter modes
- Featuring super: fast autofocus and a variety of automatic functions, including an evolved SR plus auto mode which is capable of subject recognition together with conventional scene recognition
- Compatible with existing XF/xc Lens lineup of 26 Fujinon high quality lenses which cover focal lengths from 15mm to 1200mm (35mm equivalent)
- Features three way tilting LCD monitor with a high resolution and high magnification (0.62x) electronic viewfinder, along with a powerful battery capable of 430 frames per charge
- Bluetooth low energy technology allows for quick and seamless image transfer; Touch screen : Shooting Mode: Touch Shooting, AF, Focus Area, OFF, Touch Function, EVF Touch Screen Area Settings(ALL, RIGHT, LEFT, UPPER RIGHT, UPPER LEFT, LOWER RIGHT, LOWER LEFT, OFF) Playback: Swipe, Zoom, Pinch-in / Pinch-out, Double-tap, Drag
- X-T200 is equipped with a vari-angle 3.5-inch/ 16:9 Aspect Ratio widescreen LCD touch-screen can be opened and closed between 0 to 180 degrees and rotated between -90 to +180 degree. It also provides intuitive and responsive control over the camera’s features and functionality and can be used to adjust a variety of settings, like brightness, background blur, Film Simulation effects, and image aspect ratios.
- The use of on-sensor phase detection pixels across the sensor and an improved prediction algorithm means focus can be achieved quickly and in a variety of imaging environments. The updated Face/ Eye Detection AF makes focusing on individuals or groups of people quickly and easily. This is even possible when the camera’s LCD monitor is flipped out and is used to make a selfie. Automated functions, like Main Subject Recognition, allow the camera to be set to recognize and track a main subject within the frame. Combined with a burst mode of 8fps, important moments with the right people will surely be easier to frame, focus, and immortalize.
- Fujifilm’s legacy in color science has given it legendary status among image-makers across the world. During its 85 years in the industry, it has been responsible for some of the most iconic photographic films in history and this exceptional knowledge has been poured into the 11 digital Film Simulation modes installed into X-T200. Images made with these film simulations carry the look and feel of the actual films that inspired them, which are a great building block to sparking creative imaging making. In addition, 20 Advanced Filters, which includes the new Clear Filter, give even more creative possibilities to image-makers as they seek to express themselves artistically.
- The new Electronic Stabilization and HDR Video modes, along with its basic internal editing functions, helps X-T200 do more than just produce beautiful 4K Video, it ensures that videos are stable, crisp, and properly trimmed so they can be easily shared with family and friends. The addition of a gyro sensor sits at the heart of the new Electronic Stabilization Mode and assists in reducing the effects of camera shake when recording video footage. The new HDR Video function makes recording footage in high contrast situations much easier and more practical, while its in-camera video editing functions allow for clips to be trimmed and right-sized before they are shared. This means creators can share the perfect section of a super-slow motion clip or the best part of their 4K footage, right from the camera to their smartphone without ever needing to open a computer!
- New 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor with X-Processor 4 image processing engine
- 4K movie recording - internal SD card 4K/60P 4: 2: 0 10bit recording and the first Mirrorless digital camera with APS-C or larger sensor that is capable of 4K/60P 4: 2: 2 10bit HDMI output.
- 2.16M phase detection pixels across entire frame and Low-light phase detection limits has been increased over X-T2 by 2 Stops, from -1EV to -3EV
- 3.69 million dot OLED Color viewfinder with 0.75x magnification and blackout-free burst shooting
- 16 film Simulation modes: including eterna/cinema, B & w adjustment: -9~+9
- 24.2 megapixel image sensor
- Enhanced Autofocus settings
- Five mechanisms for facilitating “self-portraits”: rear LCD, ergonomic grip, vertical command dial, Eye Detection AF, and Portrait Enhancer mode
- Full HD video recording
- Wireless communications functionality to enable remote shooting from smartphones and tablet devices
- New 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Image Sensor uses Copper wiring construction to achieve premium image quality and advanced AF performance
- Large 3.5” 16: 9 wide Touchscreen LCD
- Compact and lightweight design weighing only 455G With the kit lens
- Advanced video performance and functions that cater to the growing demands for movie shooting
- Diverse shooting modes that help produce photography with a creative flair
- 26.1M Back-illuminated “X Trans CMOS 4” sensor
- Compact & lightweight body (approx. 383g)
- Updated AF-Algorithm & improved face and eye tracking
- High resolution digital sound recording
- 4K/30P, FHD/120p
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter and X-Processor Pro
- 5.0Fps Live-view shooting, start-up time of 0.4sec., shutter time lag of 0.050sec. And shooting Interval of 0.25sec
- 3.0" tilting Touchscreen panel for operation at almost any angle.Shutter type:Focal Plane Shutter
- 4K video using the x series’ famous film Simulation effects (including ACROS). you can output recorded video to an external monitor via the HDMI port and input audio from an external microphone
- Af-c custom settings for moving subjects.Image stabilizer supported with OIS type lenses
- FUJIFILM X-T30 Digital Camera with XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS Lens - Silver (USA Warranty) 16619786
- 3-Piece Lens Cleaning Kit, Memory Card Wallet, 58mm UV Protection Filter
- SanDisk 64GB SDXC Extreme Class 10 Memory Card, SD Card Reader
- Inside Camera Box: NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery Pack, AC Power Adapter, Body Cap for FUJIFILM X-Mount Cameras, Shoulder Strap, 1-Year Fujifilm Warranty
- Advanced Hybrid multi viewfinder: optical Viewfinder (ovf) uses a 0. 5x magnification and parallax-correcting frame lines to provide an uninterrupted and true-to-life view of what’s in front of you. Additionally, the 3. 69M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF) offers a fast and high-quality representation of exactly how your image will look.
- X-trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 combination. This exceptional 26. 1MP sensor uses a back-illuminated design to maximize quality and dynamic range, while its unique color filter array controls Moiré and false color without the need for an optical low pass filter.
- X-Pro3’s timeless body design features a top and base plate constructed from titanium, which, despite being little more than half the density of stainless steel, is seven-times more durable. In addition to classic black, the weather-sealed X-Pro3 is also available in silver and charcoal colors, which utilize cold plasma technology for a scratch-resistant finish.
- 16 digital Film Simulation modes. This cutting-edge technology allows photographers to achieve stunning results straight out of camera and X-Pro3 introduces two exciting new additions to the collection: CLASSIC Neg. and MONOCHROMATIC Color.
- Every aspect of x-pro3 has been designed for photographers who like to live in the moment, but none more So than its hidden 1. 62M-dot tilting LCD Touchscreen. When closed, All that can be viewed is a Mini-Display showing essential settings, removing the distraction of a full screen while shooting. With your mind and your eye always on the scene in front of you rather than the scene YOU’VE just shot, you can find a better connection not just with your subject, but also with your art.
Looking for the best Fujifilm mirrorless camera?
Contrary to how the original cameras were made, today, we now have a new batch of cameras called “mirrorless” ones. Some of the best mirrorless cameras are made by Fujifilm. Fujifilm mirrorless cameras have a compact design and are lightweight compared to DSLRs.
Fujifilm mirrorless camera Buying Guide
So, how exactly do you choose the best Fujifilm mirrorless camera out there? Here are some guidelines:
Are Fujifilm mirrorless cameras worth buying?
DSLR fans may prefer mirrors, but carrying that much weight all the time can be bad for you.
Here are reasons to get a Fujifilm mirrorless camera:
1. Fujifilm is a worldwide respected brand.
With their headquarters in Minato, Tokyo, Japan, Fujifilm has been a long-time player in the industry of photography. Established in 1934, they’ve been around a long time and have offered many products such as film cameras digital cameras, DSLRs, and the like.
2. Fujifilm mirrorless cameras are lightweight and travel-friendly.
As we said above, bulky cameras suck if you intend to tour around Disneyland or up the mountains. If you value comfort over traditionalism, then you definitely might want to check out mirrorless cameras, since they don’t have the heavy mirrors that DSLRs have.
3. Live histogram.
DSLRs are actually missing this feature – they only display your photo’s histogram AFTER you’ve shot. This can be inconvenient and time-consuming for most photographers who want to find out their mistakes in their photos right away.
4. Great for night photography.
The ISO feature (sometimes further extended) is handy for night-time photography. In case your photoshoot ends up in the middle of the night in a less urban area where streetlights are almost nonexistent, and the moon is your only light force.
5. Video autofocus.
One thing that DSLRs don’t have is the autofocus mode while you are shooting videos. Shooting and focusing on a single subject can be a film technique that you want to employ, and you can’t really do that with a regular old DSLR.
6. Face recognition. Viewfinders of DSLR aren’t really computer-smart like electronic mirrorless cameras are. These guys can tell your dad from your uncle, and some can even allow you to select a face to focus on to avoid taking pictures of the wrong guy.
7. Less noise.
Mirrorless cameras are very quiet as they have no mirrors compared to DSLRs which can make quite a bit of noise.
8. You can still use different lenses.
Yep, DSLRs and mirrorless cameras can both use different lenses. Period.
9. Effect previews.
Do you want to put a black and white or sepia filter over your shot? You can’t do that in real-time with a DSLR, but you can with a mirrorless camera.
How do I choose the best Fujifilm mirrorless camera?
Here are the criteria you may want to follow when choosing a mirrorless camera:
1. Lens compatibility. Know which lenses are the best for your selected camera. That depends on your specialty, whether you want to go for macro, telephoto, wide-angle, and the like. Macro is the best for taking pictures of smaller objects while telephoto and wide-angle lenses are usually used for landscapes, sceneries, and the like. You can also refer to the list of compatible lenses provided by the manufacturer for the model you chose.
2. Form factor. We all know that most mirrorless cameras are less bulkier, but still, do consider how less bulky it is to keep into your bag or pouch. The form factor should be slim enough and yet still has the essential features on it.
3. Viewfinder quality. Most viewfinders that you can find (pun intended) on mirrorless cameras nowadays can be tilted and are electronic.
4. Ease of use. This is straightforward, but some mirrorless cameras can be a bit too overwhelming for the photography student in terms of settings and buttons.
5. Autofocus settings. Most of these cameras have a plethora of autofocus settings for you to choose. Having a set autofocus mode can help you feel at ease when you are shooting several subjects that are moving, such as in a bicycle race.
6. Video capabilities. Some cameras are capable of full HD while some can go for up to 4K quality. Of course, higher quality means a higher price. You should choose a mirrorless camera that has a higher video quality if you intend to use it for Youtube, vlogging or filmmaking.
How do I use a Fujifilm mirrorless camera?
Using a mirrorless camera is almost the same as using a DSLR:
1. Select your subject.
2. Turn on the camera.
3. Adjust the settings, such as the ISO levels, autofocus, and shutter speed.
4. Zoom in, if possible.
5. Take your shot!
Remember that setting your mirrorless camera for the ideal shot is all in trial and error.
What is the usual warranty period for a Fujifilm mirrorless camera?
Most Fujifilm mirrorless cameras have a period of 1 year for their warranty, but it’s best to ask the manufacturer about it first.
Who can use the Fujifilm mirrorless camera?
Anyone can use the mirrorless camera due to its straightforward use:
Typically, if you have used a DSLR before, you would probably find a mirrorless camera very easy to use.
In the long run, having a Fujifilm mirrorless camera can be an alternative to having a bulky DSLR. Sure, it may not be “traditional” as most purists say, but it might be a change of pace and a good way to relieve that back and neck ache. We hope you enjoyed our buying guide and reviews!
Last update on 2020-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API