Last Updated on
Best Headphones For Podcasting 2020
- Advanced build quality and engineering; Designed for studio tracking and mixing
- 40 millimeter drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tune for enhanced low frequency performance
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Convenient single side cable exit; Magnet neodymium; Designed for studio tracking and mixing
Audio Technica ATH is the industry standard headphone used by sound engineers for great quality. Podcasters always list Audio Technica ATH-M20X Pro, a excellent pair in the popular ATH series made for studio use. There is not any fatigue from the ear pads even if you wear this for five to six hours to listen with this. The pro build quality is plastic with ear cups in an oval shape. This will also allow you to hear with this pair of studio headphones for all your podcast requirements flexibly without a audio interface. With a 15Hz-20,000Hz frequency response, you will be listening to amazing audio. It comes with 40mm drivers and 3.5mm input wired connectivity. A great alternative to the beyerdynamic dt.
Frequency Response of 15-20,000 Hz
Amazing treble and bass
Premium at a budget price point
No noise cancellation
Audio Technica ATH-M20x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones is the best headphone for podcasting in 2020. It comes with an affordable price.
- SUPERIOR SOUND: Enjoy clear sound and supreme comfort with the OneOdio Studio monitor headphones. Large, 50 millimeter speaker unit drivers combined with neodymium magnets; powerful bass, clear vocal, and crisp high tones form perfect hi-fi sound.
- BUILT TO STAY COMFORTABLE: The high quality padded ear cushions are specifically designed for monitor headphones maximum comfort and noise isolation. The headband is adjustable and stretchable for you to find the desired angle you like to fit in.
- NO MORE ADAPTER: DJ style coiled cord (9.8Ft Stretched) easily reaches from the TV or stereo to your favorite chair. A standard-sized 6.35mm plug and a 3.5mm plug are included. They both are completely detachable, you can plug in the mixer you want to use.
- SINGLE-SIDE MONITORING: 90° swiveling earcups for single-ear monitoring anytime; self-adjustable and flexible headband delivers a fatigue-free listening experience that can last for hours, perfect for mastering and mixing.
- WORKS WITH: iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android and many other Audio devices. High-quality sound, supreme durability, and maximum comfort. These are the headphones you've been looking for.
OneOdio Professional Monitor Headphone gives you high-definition quality at a affordable price. This features a high-quality 50mm driver with comfortable ear pads to produce accurate mid as well as high tones and bass. Recording and listening at maximum frequency range level, as you will not lack in composure. They are adapter free, coming with 3.5mm plug and 6.35mm plug to attach with smartphone or mixer. There are neodymium magnets to provide you with the Hi-Fi level. The cord is just 9.8 feet with a dual-duty cable. There is an additional claim on the sound quality, they come under a 2-year warranty. Secure storage with 90° flipping earpieces
Frequency Response of 20Hz-20KHz
Price not expensive at all
Comfortable closed ear cups
Detachable coiled cable
HD studio sound quality
No Adapter needed
Amazing price point
Not smartphone friendly
OneOdio Professional Monitor Headphones is the best budget headphone for podcasting in 2020.
- IMPRESSIVE SOUND QUALITY: Precise closed cavity structure; Newest designed 45mm large-aperture driver with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils to provide wider dynamic range and make sure safe and stable output even meet instant high power; Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- COMFORTABLE USE: Super soft memory foam cushions and leather material simulate human skin texture, ensuring lasting comfort; The softly padded headband allows you to find the perfect fit without constraint for long time wearing
- GREAT FLEXIBILITY: 180 degree rotatable earcups are easy for single ear monitoring; Stainless steel slider with scale is easy to adjust enough to find perfect comfort position
- UNDETACHABLE CABLE: 3 meters undetachable Cable, 3.5mm-6.35mm adapter with durable screw-on plug are included to meet your needs on PC, Cell Phones, TV, etc; Perfect for music appreciating, watching movies, playing games, piano and personal recording, etc
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Includes 1 year Neewer limited warranty and Life-time e-mail Customer Support
Neewer features an amazing looking pair of studio headphones with high-performance. These studio headphones have great volume frequency range with 45mm hail drivers. These are wired over-ear headphones with pro sound isolation via great ear pads. Storage is a breeze with 180 degrees of earcups flipping. While wearing, start to enjoy the added convenience and set the position accordingly with the scale and stainless steel slider provided. Neewer comes with a 1-year warranty. The headphone is lightweight and come with an undetachable pro cable of 3 meters. The adapter plug with 3.5mm to 6.35mm is also provided with the studio headset to connect them with cell phones, PCs, or TVs. Get excellent sound and full sound isolation.
180 degrees rotating earcups gives you secure grip
Comfortable ear cups with leather soft padded headbands
Affordable price range
A little distortion in noise
No noise cancelling
Neewer Studio Monitor is one of the best podcasting headphones.
- Experience and enjoy your music, you will start hearing details that you haven’t heard before
- Premium leather headband with comfortable ear-cups offering endless hours of listening without suffering of ear fatigue, Ear-cups are replaceable
- Foldable design offers easy storing and carrying from home to DJ, studio and stage with a sturdy carrying case that keeps the headphones safe
- Included are 2 removable cables a straight and a coiled with supra-durable connectors, comes with a 3.5mm to a 1/4” adapter
- One year warranty
LyxPro HAS-10 has a pair of 45mm drivers with neodymium magnets to get you the maximum quality. The frequency response with the response is much better than other good pair for recording and editing for podcast. The frequency response is mentioned at 15Hz to 26,000Hz. The audio will be balanced as they are a unique piece with significant replication. However, the design is also closed back to have an attractive look over the ears. The telescopic stainless steel arms are structured, thereby resembling the durable body design. Leather ear cups with padded coating. This ensures long term comfort, even after periods of extended use.
15Hz-26KHz frequency response
Monitoring and professional studio headphones
Simple but attractive design
May be bulky for some
LyxPro HAS-10 Professional Recording Headphones is a great budget option to consider
How to buy the best headphones for podcasting?
As a professional or for even beginner podcaster, it is essential to consider the proper equipment for podcasts. This podcasters list includes soundproofing studio, mic, speakers, USB mixer, podcast earbuds, wireless, recording gear and much more. However, we are covering your aspect of fabulous podcast headphones in this relevant buying guide so that you do not have to compromise the quality of audio further.
Do not make a general mistake of overlooking these studio headphones quality and check instead of spending better on other tools. Just like other equipment, the pair deserve the same importance to get you the overall success in podcast. To get your audience to deliver a high-quality crystal-clear audio quality, make the buying decision of podcast headphones an informed one with the ultimate buying guide given below.
But before jumping directly into the buying guide, know the reason for using headphones in podcast as their absence can kill your podcast. Read the resources below to get the valid recommendations.
Why Use Headphones For Podcasting?
If you are sitting behind the microphone, do not think that they are essential, and headphones are useless. You should use headphones to listen to the two main reasons. The first reason is to listen for any weird background noises while the second reason is to control your sound using the headphones. Most podcasters listen back to the recording to check if any of the background weird noises coming out of it. And, these sounds can be easily avoided if you listen using headphones at the time of recording podcast.
To get control over your voice, use the inbuilt microphones in the headphones and use them to adjust your sound accordingly. If the sound is coming too muffled, you should pull away from the microphone and do the reverse in case the audio is too distant. These two factors will have a significant impact on the quality of your podcast’s audio.
Editing is another essential benefit a podcast headphone can give you.
Factors To Look For while buying the Best Podcasting Headphones
Everyone wants to have comfortable podcast making while they wear a comfortable pair of headphones. Thus, comfort is the first thing you should look for concerning your ears as well as the noise outcomes. In case you have to wear them for a long time and hear your long podcast deeply, looking for a comfort level is mandatory then. So, always prefer for padded headbands with a durable coating so that your ears won’t hurt or get effected with the outer coating.
Noise cancelling is another crucial factor, especially if you are using headphones for your podcast. This feature can help you out in noise cancelling outside sounds in podcasts, such as traffic or other low-level distracting sounds. This noise can also cause the leaking of audio from the podcast headphones, which will be a worse situation when you are using them in public. Thus, you should always select for those headphones that come with noise cancelling feature along with restriction of sound leakage. This in term will save you time during editing.
Wireless Or Wired
We prefer using wired headphones, as they are functional in design and straightforward on the ear. Moreover, wired are known to perform more smoothly as compared to wireless headphones. The choice is yours, depending upon the preference and the check brand you are selecting. While, if you are going for wired headphones, consider checking for the factors such as cord length, etc. so that you will get a good motion while using this pair of headphones.
Frequency response makes a big difference in the audio quality of your set, especially while listening to the podcasts. Proper frequency response can well dictate the low, middle, or high tones present in the podcasts and whether they are being played correctly or not. The frequency response range of 20-20,000Hz is known to be the ideal for the most. The first number indicates the bass end of the spectrum, while the second number indicates the treble end. Read it properly to see the frequency you need.
If you do not want to invest again and again in similar set of cheap headphones, then consider the build quality of headphones especially. The set should be sturdy enough to live with you for a more extended period. So, don’t forget to find the build quality of your podcasting headphones. Moreover, the warranty period will also tell you about the quality claims of the manufacturer.
Foldable headphones have significant advantages of secure storage and mobile operation. Those that cannot be folded are more rigid and tough to carry during your travel. So, we mostly recommend the foldable ones as they are easier to store and travel-friendly with the flexible design.
Price is one of the most important factors. Price is important as it decides how much you can spend. It is essential to balance the price with quality. If you are on a tight budget price, then you have to overlook some features. If you are open with your price concerns, then looking for the expensive price can give you amazing features that are only available for a high price tag.
Frequently Asked Questions about Headphones For Podcasting
Why do podcasters wear headphones while recording?
Do you need headphones for podcasting?
Can you use wireless headphones for podcasting?
Should I use headphones for zoom?
What headphones does Joe Rogan use?
Joe Rogan uses the Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphones.