Last Updated on
Best Nespresso Machines 2020
- Single serve coffee & espresso machine: the nespresso creatista plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso; The creatista plus can turn into your personal latte maker with the attached milk frother, allowing you to create top quality latte art in your kitchen; pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
- Barista grade: brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs; Ristretto (0.5 ounce), espresso (1.35 ounce), lungo (5 ounce); The creatista allows you to take a step further and create more complex coffee drinks such as flat whites, cappuccinos, and latte macchiatos; There are settings that allow you to adjust coffee volume, milk temperature and mixture with a fast 3 second heat up time
- Smart coffee and espresso maker: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time with an easy TFT LCD display that assists you on all preparation, setting and maintenance aspects thanks to a high resolution display. Power: 1500 watts
- Integrated milk frother: Automatic built in milk frother with 8 texture levels and 11 different milk temperature settings (11 settings, 55 76°c / 133 169°f) helps you create your favorite single serve coffee and espresso beverages; Complimentary gift: Each machine includes a nespresso original capsule welcome kit with a range of 16 capsules with unique aroma profiles
- Features and warranty: Nespresso creatista plus includes a 1.5l removable water tank, an auto purge steam wand, 19 bars of pressure, a fast automatic cleaning process, a stainless milk jug and a 2 year warranty; heats up in less than 3 seconds with an automatic off mode after 9 minutes
This is way better than any espresso maker. It combines a ton of popular features and the best performance for the ultimate latte macchiato experience. It comes with a built-in frother and is the first Nespresso machine with a steam wand. With four froth levels, eight coffee options and eleven temperature settings from 55 to 76 degree Celsius, this Nespresso machine is definitely one of the best investments you can make if you love cappuccino. The LCD makes all the programming and preparation very effortless. The Creatista has an impressive brewing range such as Lungo 5 oz, Espresso 1.35 oz, Ristretto 0.5 oz. It brews macchiato, cappuccino and flat whites easy. These are simple at the touch of a button. The Nespresso machine also comes with self-cleaning function, milk jug, tasting box, and strip to test the water hardness. The Creatista weighs 10.9 lbs and has a total dimension of 6.7 x 16.1 x 12.2 inches. It will fit nicely in any kitchen. The water reservoir is 60 oz.
Quick heating time.
Stainless steel body for sleek design and durability.
Intuitive design and features.
Simple and easy to clean
Nespresso Creatista Plus is the best Nespresso machines in 2020. It does everything excellently.
- PERFORMANCE: Create a barista-style Coffee or Espresso drinks every time, thanks to our one-touch operation and extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure.
- SIZE: Discover the newest and smallest ever single-serve Espresso maker from Nespresso by De'Longhi, without compromising on exceptional Coffee and Espresso moments. This compact Espresso machine is effortlessly portable and features a sleek design and modern smooth lines, allowing it to fit into anywhere saving valuable counter space.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT COFFEE MACHINE: In just one touch, the water reaches the ideal serving temperature in under 30 seconds and an energy saving mode automatically switches off the machine after 9 minutes.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each Espresso machine includes a Nespresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles.
- VERSATILITY: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1.35 oz.) and Lungo (5 oz.) buttons making Essenza Mini a great Coffee maker for all you single-serve Coffee needs. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks.
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine is a compact machine that makes espresso. It weighs 7 lbs, and is larger than most with dimensions measuring at 12.6 x 4.7 x 9 inches. It takes a minimalist style and will look amazing in any kitchen. These are among the best options if you are low on storage space as well as budget. The Inissia brews the standard espresso as well as more settings. The cups can be easily adjusted with the programmable buttons – Lungo at 5 oz and espresso at 1.35 oz. The water reservoir holds 24 oz of water which be brewing up to nine cups of coffee. It attains proper hot temperature in 25 seconds which is very quick. The automatic switch turns off the machine after nine minutes. Nespresso Inissia Espresso is easily one of the most affordable entry-level machines and is not expensive at all. The product arrives with a welcome kit that contains a range of Nespresso capsules for brewing.
Slim ergonomic design that saves space.
Uses smart technology for energy efficiency and safety.
Simple programmable button for cup adjust ability.
Water tank needs regular filling
Nespresso Inissia is the best budget Nespresso machine in 2020.
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single-serve Coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your Coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 oz.), Double Espresso (2.7 oz.), Gran Lungo (5 oz.), Coffee (7.7 oz.) and Alto (14 oz.). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single-serve Coffee or Espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion (TM) technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect crema for large Coffee cup sizes. Simply insert the capsule and enjoy freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MACHINE: Have the ability to create barista grade brewed single-serve Coffee or Espresso cups at the touch of a single button. The one-touch button mechanism delivers the best in-cup result for whatever style Coffee or Espresso drink you choose. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only.
- FEATURES: Extra large 54 oz. water tank and a very large 17 count used capsule container. This machine also has a fast heat-up time of only 15 seconds meaning you will never have to wait too long for your favorite Coffee or Espresso drink to be ready. There is an energy-saving automatic shutoff at 9 minutes of inactivity.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a welcome kit with a range of Vertuo capsules with unique aroma profiles..Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz):120 V - 60 Hz
From the Nespresso Vertuoline, this high-end model has a water tank that holds 54 oz of water and weighs 12.96 lbs. Its dimensions are 19.4 x 11.5 x 15.7 inches, making it perfect for the kitchen. It has a capacity of 13-20 Nespresso capsules and uses Centrifusion barcode technology. This technology enables even extraction from the Nespresso capsules and a more real espresso. The machine gets hot quick within 15 seconds. It is best for when you need an espresso or plain coffee almost simultaneously. The Vertuo Evoluo brewing two cups, i.e., 1.35 oz espresso and 7.7 oz coffee. The Aerocon milk frother produces smooth, creamy froth for both hot and cold coffee (hot milk and cold milk). The Vertuo Evoluo can be bought with or without the Aerocon frother. The Nespresso machine switches off automatically after nine minutes of being idle, which is both energy-efficient and safe. The 12-original Nespresso capsules that come as a welcome kit add extra taste and flavor. The price is great and not expensive.
Makes both espresso and regular coffee.
Produces superior tasting coffee.
It only works with Nespresso capsules from Nespresso Vertuoline.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo is the most popular Nespresso machine in 2020.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: The 19 bar pump system offers barista-style single-serve Coffee or Espresso every time, perfectly extracting the delicate flavor of each Nespresso Original Coffee capsule. The input power is 1710 watts
- SPEED AND ENERGY SAVING: The fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. The automatic energy saving function switches the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity and can be extended from 9 to 30 minutes. Cable storage
- VERSATILITY: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1.35 oz.) and Lungo (5 oz.) buttons making CitiZ a great Coffee maker for all your single-serve Coffee needs. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks. Removable Nespresso capsule container, drip tray and water tank (34 oz.) for quick and simple cleaning
- DESIGN: CitiZ's look continues to please both Nespresso Coffee and Espresso drinkers and design lovers, adding a touch of elegance to Coffee rituals.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a Nespresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles
Nespresso CitiZ is a model from the original line. It is quite a high performing Nespresso machine. It uses the 19 bar pump system which produces excellent authentic and aromatic drinks. The machine brewing a 5 oz lungo and 1.35 oz espresso cups which are programmable. The water reservoir holds 34 oz of water. The Nespresso machine heats up in 25 seconds and switches off automatically after 9 minutes. One of the best features of the Citiz is its ultra-slim and stylish. It is touted to have been designed after the NY city’s architecture in the 40s. The Citiz can be bought with or without the Aeroccino milk frother. Aeroccino will add extra flavour. is one of the best options if you have limited storage space as it weighs 7.5 lbs and measures 14.6 x 5.1 x 10.9 inches.
Streamlined for low space.
Energy efficient and safe.
Only makes espressos.
Nespresso CitiZ is the best all-round Nespresso Machine in 2020.
- BARISTA GRADE: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure to deliver quality single serve espresso and coffee drinks every time
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Choose your favorite coffee or espresso drinks (3 milk and 2 coffee options) with a touch of button on the illuminated control panel using Nespresso Original capsules
- VERSATILE: Single touch easy to clean hot milk system helps you create the perfect single serve cup of coffee or espresso effortlessly; Adjustable sliding drip tray accommodates larger coffee drinks (latte, cappuccino and Italian macchiato)
- TECHNOLOGY: Thermoblock heating system speeds cold start heating time to seconds and maintains optimal temperature to enjoy multiple single serve coffee drinks instantly. Note coffee comes out very slowly due to flow speed depends on the coffee variety and descale if necessary see descaling section. Quality of milk froth is not up to standard, use skimmed or semi skimmed milk at refrigerator temperature about 4 degree celsius. Rinse after each milk recipe preparation. Descale the machine
- ENERGY: Lattissima Plus has an energy saving adjustable auto off timer to help reduce electricity consumption. Water container capacity : 30 Ounce
Nespresso Lattissima Plus Espresso Machine is a barista-grade coffee maker. Lattissima serves coffee and espresso. Lattissima has adjustable trays that allows seamless production of cappuccinos, latte macchiato and Italian macchiato. The illuminated control panels allow easy brewing with two coffee and three milk options. The integrated milk frothing system is one of the real advantages of the Lattissima Plus over the others in its price category. The milk frothing in Lattissima is rich and dense from top to bottom. The 19 bar system allows equal pressure and results in a drink with the best optimum temperature and flavor. Lattissima has a integrated carafe dispenses the required milk with the amount of milk added being adjustable. The Lattissima weighs 13 lbs and has a dimension of 12.5 x 6.6 x 10.2 inches. The size of the Lattissima water reservoir is 30 oz, and the milk container holds 11.8 oz. Lattissima takes from 30 seconds and 40 seconds for an espresso and cappuccino respectively.
Integrated milk frothing allows making a variety of coffee drinks.
Easy to clean.
Adjustable cup tray easily accommodates different cup sizes.
The temperature of the drink may be an issue.
The froth quality is not consistent.
Nespresso Lattissima Plus is the best Nespresso machine for making lattes.
What Is a Nespresso Machine?
Recall the days when you could get your espresso only at a café? Of course, every single coffee lover cannot be a barista expertly whipping up coffee. Nespresso espresso machines have completely transformed coffee drinking experience from the comfort of our homes. Let’s take a further look into some of the best Nespresso espresso machines in 2020.
These are lightweight and deliver better flavor. Nespresso machines are also more affordable than most brands in the same category. In addition to all these features, all their machines can be recycled which is always a great way to contribute to sustainability. As a regular coffee drinker, perhaps you are looking around to buy a Nespresso machine. Or maybe you are considering replacing an old one. Whichever the case, this post will guide you to make the best decision.
How To Buy a Nespresso Machine?
Things to consider before buying a Nespresso espresso machine.
Coffee drinking habits
This will most likely be the deciding factor while buying a Nespresso machine. Consider how many cups of coffee you consume daily. Do you
need a cup each in the morning and evening or do you need it more frequently throughout the day? It will enable you to decide on the machine that best matches your requirements.
Whether you enjoy decaf espresso, a strong or long or short one, Nespresso machines cater to every one of these. Their range of latte machines allows effortless creation of customized cappuccinos and lattes. They also include milk frothers that are integrated or standalone. If you need an espresso simply to awaken your senses, it is preferable to buy a machine that serves up straight coffee without fancy options.
If you love to relax with a long coffee, consider the Vertuo range machines with a lungo option. The volume of water as well can also be controlled in some models. If you enjoy frothy drinks, consider buying a machine with frothing accessories, whether as a standalone or integrated.
The two most common materials used are glass and stainless steel. A glass pot will keep the coffee warm for about 15 to 20 minutes while a stainless steel pot keeps warm for up to an hour. Glass pots can be put in the dishwasher while glass pots need to be hand cleaned.
If your lifestyle is particularly pressed for time or you are forgetful, or just cannot function without caffeine in the morning, consider an automatic start/off feature. Similarly, an automatic off feature will come in handy in the simple event you forget to switch off the machine.
A coffee maker with a water filter is an important feature to consider while purchasing one. The filter removes the odour as well as the chlorine in the water which can affect the taste of the coffee.
Space and storage
It makes no sense to buy a large-sized machine with very little counter space in the kitchen. Consider where the machine will be hooked up and whether or not you have enough space for it. Most Nespresso machines have ergonomic designs, so they fit in perfectly even in a small storage area.
Original or Vertuo
Nespresso machines produce two coffee Nespresso capsule models – They are Original line and Vertuoline. There are considerable differences between the two models. The Original lines brew coffee at a higher temperature using 10 to 19 bars of pressure. Therefore the machines in the original lines produce hotter, stronger and more flavorful coffee. On the other hand, the Vertuo line brewing the coffee at a lower temperature using centrifugal force which can result in a milder drink. A big difference is that the Original line machines brew lungo and espresso while the Vertuo line also makes espresso, and long coffee. Original line Nespresso machines have lesser crema than those in the Vertuo line, making them the best option to produce for less crema.
How much you want or have to spend on a machine is also an important thing to consider. Nespresso machines range from 65 USD to 500 USD. A good quality coffee brewer is indeed an investment so choose your purchase carefully. Quite obviously, the premium priced machines will have more features such as memory programming, larger tank, more drink options, multiple frothers and so on. Nespresso machines in the mid-price category come with an automatic milk frother and also have the capacity for lattes, and cappuccinos, etc. Entry-level machines offer one or two size options with no frothers. They are usually more compact and come in a lightweight designs.
Nespresso machines come in a wide range that caters to every requirement. Whether you are looking for a fancy investment machine, a small portable one or one that works great on a budget, there is one for every need. The Switzerland based company has been known for its exceptional quality, performance, and consistency in producing excellent coffee for many years. Whichever model you choose to buy will definitely be worth the money. The critical thing to do before you decide to buy a coffee machine is to evaluate your coffee drinking preferences, your living conditions, check reviews and how often you need caffeine in your system. It will help you to make a better buying decision and not get swayed by the overwhelming number of coffee machines in the market.
Last update on 2020-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API