Buying Guide for Best Nespresso Machine in 2019
Recall the days when you could get your favorite espresso only at a café? Of course,
every single coffee lover cannot be a barista expertly whipping up coffee. Nespresso pod
espresso machines have completely transformed coffee drinking experience from the
comfort of our homes.
These machines are lightweight and deliver better flavor. They are easy to use,
convenient and requires little cleaning. Nespresso machines are also more affordable than
most brands in the same category. In addition to all these features, all their machines can
be recycled which is always a great way to contribute to sustainability.
As a regular coffee drinker, perhaps you are looking around to buy a Nespresso machine.
Or maybe you are considering replacing an old one. Whichever the case, this post will
guide you to make the best decision.
Things to consider before buying a Nespresso espresso machine.
1. Your drinking habits.
This will most likely be the deciding factor while buying a Nespresso
machine. Consider how many cups of coffee you consume daily. Do you
need a cup each in the morning and evening or do you need it more
frequently throughout the day?
It will enable you to decide on the machine that best matches your
Whether you enjoy decaf espresso, a strong or long or short one, Nespresso
machines cater to every one of these.
Their range of latte machines allows effortless creation of customized
cappuccinos and lattes. Nespresso machines include milk frothers that are
integrated or standalone.
If you need an espresso simply to awaken your senses, it is preferable to
buy a machine that serves up straight coffee without fancy options.
If you love to relax with a long coffee, consider the Vertuo range machines
with a “lungo” option. The volume of water as well can also be controlled
in some models.
If you enjoy frothy drinks, consider buying a machine with frothing
accessories, whether as a standalone or integrated.
2. Thermal carafe.
The two most common materials used are glass and stainless steel. A glass pot will
keep the coffee warm for about 15 to 20 minutes while a stainless steel pot keeps
warm for up to an hour. Glass pots can be put in the dishwasher while glass pots
need to be hand cleaned.
3. Special features.
If your lifestyle is particularly pressed for time or you are forgetful, or just cannot
function without caffeine in the morning, consider an automatic start/off feature. It
can be beneficial in a coffee maker. Similarly, an automatic off feature will come
in handy in an event you forget to switch off the machine.
4. Water filter.
A coffee maker with a water filter is an important feature to consider while
purchasing one. The filter removes the odour as well as the chlorine in the water
which can affect the taste of the coffee.
5. Space and storage.
It makes no sense to buy a large-sized machine with very little counter space in the
kitchen. Consider where the machine will be hooked up and whether or not you
have enough space for it. Most Nespresso machines have ergonomic designs, so
they fit in perfectly even in a small storage area.
6. Original or Vertuo.
Nespresso machines have two coffee capsule models – They are Original line and
Vertuo line. There are considerable differences between the two lines.
The Original lines brew coffee at a higher temperature using 10 to 19 bars of
pressure. Therefore the machines in the original lines make hotter, stronger and
more flavorful coffee. On the other hand, the Vertuo line brews the coffee at a
lower temperature using centrifugal force which can result in a milder drink.
Another big difference is that the Original line machines brew lungo and espresso
while the Vertuo line makes lungo, espresso, and long coffee. Original line
machines have lesser crema than those in the Vertuo line.
How much you want or have to spend on a machine is also an important thing to
consider. Nespresso machines range from 65 USD to 500 USD. A good quality
coffee maker is indeed an investment so choose your purchase carefully.
Quite obviously, the premium priced machines will have more features such as
memory programming, larger tank, more drink options, multiple frothers and so
on. Nespresso machines in the mid-price category come with an automatic milk
frother and also have the capacity for lattes, and cappuccinos, etc. Entry-level
machines offer one or two size options with no frothers. They are usually more
compact and come in a lightweight design.
Let us take a further look into some of the best Nespresso machine in different
- BARISTA GRADE: Nespresso Inissia by De'Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve Coffee or Espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. The Inissia is the perfect Coffee machine that fits perfectly into any interior design.
- SPEED: In just one touch, ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make 9 single-serve cups of Coffee without having to refill the 24 oz. tank. This automatic Coffee machine gets your perfect cup of Coffee or Espresso to you fast.
- VERSATILE AND SMART COFFEE MACHINE: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso and Lungo buttons. A folding drip tray accommodates larger single-serve cup sizes and recipes
- ENERGY EFFICIENT COFFEE MACHINE: Brew two different cup sizes; Espresso (1.35 oz.) and Lungo (5 oz.), with just the touch of a button. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks. With the smart energy saving mode automatically switches off our Coffee maker after 9 only minutes.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each Espresso machine includes a Nespresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles.
The Nespresso Inissia is perhaps one of the smallest from the company. It weighs
7 lbs, and its dimensions measure 12.6 x 4.7 x 9 inches. It has a minimalist design
and is an excellent option if you are low on storage space as well as budget.
The Inissia brews the standard espresso as well as the lungo options. The cups can
be easily adjusted with the programmable buttons – Lungo at 5 oz and espresso at
1.35 oz. The water tank holds 24 oz of water which can brew up to nine cups of
coffee. It attains ideal temperature in 25 seconds which is very quick.
The automatic switch turns off the machine after nine minutes which is safe as
well as energy efficient. At $104 on Amazon, it is easily one of the most
affordable entry-level machines from Nespresso. The machine arrives with a
welcome kit that contains a range of Nespresso’s Original capsules.
Slim ergonomic design for easy storage.
Uses smart technology for energy efficiency and safety.
Programmable buttons for cup adjustability.
The tank needs to be fed regularly, which can be tedious.
It is made of plastic.
Verdict: The Inissia is the most budget-friendly machine, and is also perfect for
those who don’t have sufficient storage space.
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single-serve Coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your Coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 oz.), Double Espresso (2.7 oz.), Gran Lungo (5 oz.), Coffee (7.7 oz.) and Alto (14 oz.). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single-serve Coffee or Espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion (TM) technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect crema for large Coffee cup sizes. Simply insert the capsule and enjoy freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MACHINE: Have the ability to create barista grade brewed single-serve Coffee or Espresso cups at the touch of a single button. The one-touch button mechanism delivers the best in-cup result for whatever style Coffee or Espresso drink you choose. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only.
- FEATURES: Extra large 54 oz. water tank and a very large 17 count used capsule container. This machine also has a fast heat-up time of only 15 seconds meaning you will never have to wait too long for your favorite Coffee or Espresso drink to be ready. There is an energy-saving automatic shutoff at 9 minutes of inactivity.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a welcome kit with a range of Vertuo capsules with unique aroma profiles..Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz):120 V - 60 Hz
This machine from Nespresso has a water tank that holds 54 oz of water and
weighs 12.96 lbs, and its dimensions are 19.4 x 11.5 x 15.7 inches.
It has a capacity of 13-20 capsules and uses Centrifusion barcode technology. This
technology enables even extraction from the capsules and a more flavored
espresso. The machine heats up with a quick 15 seconds and is ideal for when you
need an espresso or plain coffee almost simultaneously.
The Vertuo Evoluo brews two cups, i.e., 1.35 oz espresso and 7.7 oz coffee. The
Aerocon frother produces smooth, creamy froth for both hot and cold coffee. The
Vertuo Evoluo can be bought with or without the Aerocon frother.
The machine switches off automatically after nine minutes of being idle, which is
both energy-efficient and safe. The 12-original capsules that come as a welcome
kit add extra taste and flavor.
Short heating time allows for making coffee very quickly.
Makes both espresso and regular coffee.
The optional frother is a great feature.
Produces superior tasting coffee.
It only works with capsules from Nespresso’s Vertuo line.
The temperature at 175 degree Celsius may be an issue for people who like
piping hot coffee.
Verdict: Reasonably priced at $174 on Amazon and is the ideal machine for
people who enjoy both regular coffee as well as espresso.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: The 19 bar pump system offers barista-style single-serve Coffee or Espresso every time, perfectly extracting the delicate flavor of each Nespresso Original Coffee capsule
- SPEED AND ENERGY SAVING: The fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. The automatic energy saving function switches the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity and can be extended from 9 to 30 minutes. Cable storage
- VERSATILITY: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1.35 oz.) and Lungo (5 oz.) buttons making CitiZ a great Coffee maker for all your single-serve Coffee needs. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks. Removable Nespresso capsule container, drip tray and water tank (34 oz.) for quick and simple cleaning
- DESIGN: CitiZ's look continues to please both Nespresso Coffee and Espresso drinkers and design lovers, adding a touch of elegance to Coffee rituals.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a Nespresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles
The Citiz is from the original line and is quite a high performing machine from
Nespresso. It uses the 19 bar pump system which produces authentic and aromatic
drinks every time. The machine brews a 5 oz lungo and 1.35 oz espresso cups
which are programmable.
The water tank holds 34 oz of water. The machine heats up in 25 seconds which is
very standard and switches off automatically after 9 minutes.
One of the outstanding features of the Citiz is its ultra-slim and stylish design. It
was touted to have been designed after the NY city’s architecture in the 40s.
The Citiz can be bought with or without the Aerocon frother. It is an excellent
option if you have limited storage space as it weighs 7.5 lbs and measures 14.6 x
5.1 x 10.9 inches.
Streamlined design for easy storage.
Brews outstanding drink.
Energy efficient and safe.
Award Winning machine from Red Dot Design
It does not make regular coffee.
It has durability issues, especially with the interiors.
Verdict: Perfect choice if you enjoy high quality, high quantity espresso. Ergonomic design adds a sophisticated touch to a kitchen area.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The Nespresso Creatista Plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso. The Creatista plus can turn into your personal latte maker with the attached milk frother, allowing you to create top quality latte art in your kitchen. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Ristretto (0.5 oz.), Espresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (5 oz.). The Creatista allows you to take a step further and create more complex coffee drinks such as flat whites, cappuccinos, and latte macchiatos. There are settings that allow you to adjust coffee volume, milk temperature and mixture with a fast 3 second heat up time
- SMART COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MAKER: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time with an easy TFT LCD display that assists you on all preparation, setting and maintenance aspects thanks to a high resolution display
- INTEGRATED MILK FROTHER: Automatic built-in milk frother with 8 texture levels and 11 different milk temperature settings (11 settings, 55-76°C / 133-169°F) helps you create your favorite single serve coffee and espresso beverages. COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a Nespresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of 16 capsules with unique aroma profiles
- FEATURES AND WARRANTY: Nespresso Creatista Plus includes a 1.5L removable water tank, an auto-purge steam wand, 19 bars of pressure, a fast automatic cleaning process, a stainless milk jug and a 2 year warranty. Heats up in less than 3 seconds with an automatic off mode after 9 minutes
This machine is much more than the average coffee maker. It combines a ton of
features and performance for the ultimate latte experience.
It comes with a built-in frother and is the first machine from Nespresso with a
steam wand. With four froth levels, eight coffee options and eleven temperature
settings from 55 to 76 degree Celsius, this machine is definitely an investment.
The LCD makes all the programming and preparation very effortless.
The Creatista brews an impressive range such as Lungo 5 oz, Espresso 1.35 oz,
Ristretto 0.5 oz and fancy coffee drinks as latte macchiatos, cappuccinos and flat
whites. These different drinks are ready at the touch of a button and within three
minutes of heating time. It switches off automatically after nine minutes of being
The machine also comes with a self- cleaning function, a milk jug, a tasting box,
and a strip to test the water hardness. The Creatista weighs 10.9 lbs and has a total
dimension of 6.7 x 16.1 x 12.2 inches. The water tank is a 60 oz capacity.
Quick heating time.
A wide range of coffee drinks can be made.
Stainless steel body for sleek design and durability.
Intuitive design and features.
Water tank capacity is not enough.
The price point can be a pinch for many.
Verdict: The Creatista is definitely an investment machine. It is perfect for a
small coffee shop or if you want a versatile coffee machine at home.
- BARISTA GRADE: De'Longhi's patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure to deliver quality single serve espresso and coffee drinks every time.
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Choose your favorite coffee or espresso drinks (3 milk and 2 coffee options) with a touch of button on the illuminated control panel using Nespresso Original capsules.
- VERSATILE: Single touch easy to clean hot milk system helps you create the perfect single serve cup of coffee or espresso effortlessly. Adjustable sliding drip tray accommodates larger coffee drinks (latte, cappuccino and Italian macchiato).
- TECHNOLOGY: Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds and maintains optimal temperature to enjoy multiple single serve coffee drinks instantly. Note-coffee comes out very slowly due to flow speed depends on the coffee variety and descale if necessary see descaling section. Quality of milk froth is not up to standard, use skimmed or semi-skimmed milk at refrigerator temperature about 4 degree celsius. Rinse after each milk recipe preparation. Descale the machine
- ENERGY: Lattissima Plus has an energy-saving adjustable auto-off timer to help reduce electricity consumption. Water container capacity : 30 Ounce
This coffee machine is a barista-grade coffee maker from Nespresso. It serves
quality coffee and espresso through the smart-coffee maker option. The adjustable
tray also allows seamless production of cappuccinos, latte and Italian macchiato.
The illuminated control panels allow easy brewing with two coffee and three milk
The integrated milk frothing system is the main advantage of the Lattissima Plus
over the others in its price category. The froth in the espresso is rich and dense
from top to bottom. The 19 bar system allows equal pressure and results in a drink
with optimum temperature and flavor.
The integrated carafe dispenses the required milk. The amount of milk added is
adjustable according to the taste.
The Latissima weighs 13 lbs and has a dimension of 12.5 x 6.6 x 10.2 inches. The
capacity of the water tank is 30 oz, and the milk container holds 11.8 oz. The
heating time can vary from 30 seconds and 40 seconds for an espresso and
Integrated milk frother allows making a variety of coffee drinks.
Cleaning is effortless and straightforward.
Compact design, and easy for storage.
Adjustable tray easily accommodates different cup sizes.
The temperature of the drink may be an issue.
The froth quality is not consistent.
Verdict: Despite minor drawbacks, Latissima Plus is an excellent option for
those who love to drink frothy coffee.
Nespresso coffee machines come in a wide range that caters to every requirement.
Whether you are looking for a fancy investment machine, a small portable one or one that
works great on a budget, there is one for every need.
The Switzerland based company has been known for its exceptional quality,
performance, and consistency in producing excellent coffee for many years. Whichever
model you choose to buy will definitely be worth the money.
The critical thing to do before you decide to buy a coffee machine is to evaluate your
coffee drinking preferences, your living conditions and how often you need caffeine in
your system. It will help you to make a better buying decision and not get swayed by the
overwhelming number of coffee machines in the market.
Last update on 2019-04-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API