Best Kitchen Faucets for Hard Water 2020
Delta 9113-AR-DST Essa Single-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet
- LASTS 2X LONGER: Patented DIAMOND Seal Technology reduces leak points and lasts twice as long as the...
- MAGNETIC DOCKING: MagnaTite Docking uses a powerful magnet to snap your kitchen sprayer into place so it...
- EASY INSTALLATION: Designed to fit single-hole or 3-hole, 8-in. configurations. Everything you need is...
Delta is one of the best kitchen faucet brands and has succeeded in delivering a quality pull-down kitchen faucet in the shape of the 9113-AR-DST Essa faucet. This single-handle kitchen sink faucet is equipped with a limited lifetime warranty customers service, which makes it a durable and cost-effective solution for your modern kitchen style. When it comes to flow rate, Delta single-handle faucets do not disappoint. The pull-down spray head features a satisfactory flow rate of 1.8 gpm when the pressure is 60 psi. The Delta faucet installation process is also easily quite convenient, since it can be done with ease via single hole as well as three holes. Hot and cold water temperature as per your liking. Delta 9113-AR-DST is the best single-handle kitchen faucet for hard water.
• Bronze, Chrome and other finishes
• Leaks prevented via Diamond Sealed Technology.
• Designed to swivel 360 degrees from the original position.
• It doesn’t have a high arch.
Delta 9113-AR-DST is the Best Kitchen Faucet for Hard Water in 2020.
Kohler K-560-VS Bellera Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet
- Pull down kitchen faucet: Allows you to control water with one hand and reaches beyond the sink to...
- 3 function spray head: Includes stream, boost, and sweep spray technologies. Boost allows you to increase...
- Easy install: Hose and spray head pre-installed. Comes with flexible supply lines for easy water hook up....
Stylish, functional and durable – the Kohler K-560 ticks all the right boxes and has been lauded by the masses. The first thing you will notice about the Kohler pulldown faucet is its modern high arch design. This is bound to give your kitchen a stylish and royal look. Moreover, its spout swivels 360 degree, which is a source of convenience for those who have two sinks. With a flow rate of 60 psi, this model can easily pour 1.8 gallons of water per minute. Furthermore, pull-down faucets can serve three functions. With the help of the included touch control, you can alter the quick function of a stream, sweep spray and pause. Kohler K-560 is the best pull-down kitchen faucet for hard water.
• Comfortable to use thanks to the included ProMotion technology.
• Up to four installation holes
• Aesthetically pleasing finishes.
• Doesn’t fall under either the traditional style or contemporary.
Kohler K-560 is one of of the best Kitchen Faucets for Hard Water in 2020.
Moen 7594ESRS Arbor Motionsense Two-Sensor Touchless One-Handle Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
- SPOT RESISTANT: Spot Resist Stainless finish resists fingerprints and water spots for a cleaner looking...
- TWO SENSORS: MotionSense delivers exceptional hands-free touchless convenience with double sensors,...
- POWER CLEAN: Power Clean spray technology provides 50 percent more spray power versus most of our...
Tired of the same old types of faucets? Moen Arbor is here with a touchless one-handle sensor for you. The single handle faucet is equipped with motionsense technology, each of which is responsible for delivery of a touchless experience to the consumer. A mere hand movement will activate and turn off the faucet thanks to motionsense. It also manages to deliver a better spray and stream than other modern products in the main market choice. This has been achieved by the Power Clean spray modes technology included. The spray power of this faucet head is 50% better than other option. Smooth functionality experience is further ensured by the use of a retractable faucet system.
• Usable with any kind of kitchen decors.
• The high arch design is both highly functional and stylish.
• Easy to install.
• Premium purchase price range
Moen Arbor Motionsense Two-Sensor Touchless One-Handle Faucet is the best Kitchen Faucet for Hard Water in 2020.
American Standard 4175.300.075 Colony Soft Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet
- Pull down spray with adjustable spray pattern and pause feature
- Brass swivel spout
- Metal lever handle
Do you require a high flow rate from your faucet? If so, American Standard is here with the best faucet for you. This faucet takes quick installation to a whole new level of reliability. Rather than relying on escutcheon for installation, this faucet does not need one. If you do have escutcheon, this faucet can be mounted on that as well. Such services are seldom delivered. The use of brass adds to the improvement and durability of the faucet. It won’t feature rust or block a valve any time soon. The handle is also durable, which is made from traditional metal. The flow rate is approximately 2.2 gallon per minute, which is unprecedented in our existing top five faucets.
• An excellent contemporary design range.
• High flow of water rate.
• Scratch- and corrosion-resistant finish.
• Not a lot of finish options.
American Standard is the Best Budget Kitchen Faucet for Hard Water in 2020
Kraus KPF-1602 Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Commercial Style
- Lead free Brass construction with superior rust resistant finish
- Lite touch single lever flow control
- Heavy duty commercial style spring design
Kraus is known for its creativity, and this kitchen faucet has been real successful in upholding this legacy. This metal faucet seems to be made for everyday cleaning commercial use, but it isn’t restricted to just that. It has a unique yet appealing designs to the customer with a single handle and single lever design. The heavy-duty construction boasts more durable build than in most other faucets on the market. To make sure that users are provided with a smooth flow, the faucet is accompanied by a two-way diverter that gives a aerated stream. Therefore, at no point will you experience a low water flow. The construction material used is brass, which is resistant to corrosion and scratches. Moreover, polished chrome finish is used, which makes the external parts resistant to rust as well. Between the two, the robustness of the faucet is guaranteed in whatever space you install it.
• Less water waste due to Neoperl aerator.
• Controlling water flow services is smooth.
• Pull-down faucet is highly flexible.
• Can only work with one-hole sinks.
What are Kitchen Faucets for Hard Water?
Kitchen faucets for hard water are among the widely used items in a kitchen. Whether it be washing dishes, drinking water, or using water for cooking, you rely on the kitchen faucet to do it all. This is why one wrong decision can turn into a huge hassle. It is surprising that only a few people look at kitchen faucet reviews and faucet buying guide.
There are quite a few options and types of faucets in the market. Each differs in terms of functionality, design, and price. To make sure you are able to derive most value out of the faucet, you must pick one wisely and take measures to equip yourself with the best kitchen faucets 2020 has from this reviews guide.
Benefits of Using Kitchen Faucet for Hard Water
Faucets designed specifically for hard water have advantages that improve water efficiency and usability in the kitchen.
Prevents Hard water Residues
Hard water contains minerals that turn into residues that freeze and sink. Removing these collections involves a lot of hard work and special products to remove them. These can be avoided by installing the right kitchen faucet designed for hard water. Hard water faucets last a long time and are the best way to prevent stains on any kitchen sink set.
Prevents Hard water stains & rust
Using a hard water faucet prevents stains on your sink and kitchen faucets. After a certain period of time these spots can turn rusty, which makes the dough look ugly. A shade and kitchen sink is no exception to what the stains attach to, they can change the color of your kitchen sink, ruining the design and decor of the kitchen and its wardrobe.
Damage Control from Hard water
When you buy a product, you expect it to last as long as possible by avoiding damage. Hard water damages the faucet due to sticking, stains and build-ups outside of recovery that may leak into the faucet. The hard water faucet prevents all these potential damages and saves the cost of purchasing cleaning and repair products.
Types of Kitchen Faucets
What a lot of people don’t know is that there are different types of kitchen faucet for hard water. Some of the most common and acclaimed ones include the following.
Pull Out Faucets
Pull-out faucets are the ideal faucet for those who have a small sink. When you are short on space, the last thing you need is your faucet taking up space when opened. This is why pull-out faucet that turns on in the opposite direction of the sink might be perfect if you wish to use them to filling pots and pans with hot water.
Pull Down Faucets
These are the most well-known among the masses. They have been in use for generations and continue to be the most preferred type of faucet. This is mainly because of the theme they set for kitchens. Such a faucet features a high arch and looks much more royal than other types of kitchen faucets. The amount of swiveling it can undergo depends on the specific model you invest in. Some may not swivel at all, while others can be turned 180 or 360 degrees. One issue with this type of faucet is that the water pressure is considerably less.
This type of faucet is used in restaurant kitchens. When it comes to delivering high pressure, these faucets know no bounds. The pullout spray feature along with the high arch design allows such faucets to deliver the pros of both pull down and pull out faucets. Recently, manufacturers are also making home-friendly versions of these faucets.
Motion Detection Faucets
We live in a technologically advanced world, and a motion detection faucet reminds you of this fact time and again. These faucets are operated via battery and are activated automatically every time a cup/pot is under them or when you move your hands beneath them. Hence, you won’t have to touch the faucet for it to work. Since it is a highly convenient and sophisticated technology, it is quite pricey.
Two Handle Faucets
This type of faucet has been around since forever. Now, it only exists because of its legacy rather than its functionality. Those who love the old times may continue to use it even though there are better options out there. The good thing about these faucets is that they remain functional even when one of the handles break. Most old houses already have this faucet preinstalled.
Most popular are pull-out and pull-down options.
How to Choose the Best Kitchen Faucets?
Selecting the best kitchen faucet has is a difficult task. There is no universal answer to the question, which is the best faucet? Instead, the perfect faucet for you depends on various factors. Here is how you should go about selecting a quality kitchen faucet.
Look at Your Sink
Before you go to the stores and look at different options, you must check out your sink. Not every faucet is compatible with every sink. It all depends on the number of mounting holes available. Thus, when you go faucet hunting, check how many mounting holes it needs so that you don’t buy incompatible items.
Compatibility with Water Lines
Seeing if your faucet is compatible with your sink is not the only compatibility factor you should be concerned about. It needs to be compatible with your water lines accessories as well. For this, you will be required to look at the water line size as well the size of the shutoff valve. If you can afford it, you are better off with replacing your old shutoff valves when opting for a impressive new kitchen faucet.
Select the Type of Kitchen Faucet and Finish
Since there are quite a variety of faucet designs, making up your mind about which type of design to go for will make the task easier for you. Moreover, visualize how a given faucet will look with the rest of the kitchen once it has been installed. Do this especially if you care about aesthetics. Venetian bronze, matte black, brushed nickel, chrome finishes, arctic stainless, etc are some popular ones.
Set a Budget
Some kitchen sink faucet have a higher price than others. They have either better hardware quality or better beauty style. To ensure that you don’t overspend, you must set a budget before you go to the store. Analyze how much you can invest in a kitchen faucet and filter your choices accordingly.
Don’t opt for overly cheap or pricey products. It is best that you try to find a balance between the two. Look for extended warranties to make the purchase cost-effective for the long run.
Construction and Material
Faucets are made of different materials as well. The most popular and premium are brass and stainless steel. This is because not only do they look great, but they are also highly durable. However, if you are low on budget, you can always go for composite materials. You must also make sure that the construction is high quality. It should be lead-free and have a satisfactory flow rate. Look for these features in the product description. The valve quality should also be assessed. This is important to avoid regular instances of drips and leakages.
Some require only one mounting hole for installation, while other assemblies may require up to five. If you don’t have enough at your counter, you have to cut it. Assure that the process will not take any effort or time. If there are holes that you wouldn’t use, the easiest way to handle the situation is to cover them with patch plates or soldered caps (sometimes not included). Alternatively, you can save holes for a soap dispenser or side sprayer.
Seal quality is a factor to check when looking for a solid water kitchen faucet. A sealant layer helps protect the faucet from harmful and possibly hard water. In addition to the material construction of the faucet, a waterproof layer, especially the ceramic coating helps the faucet to last longer and avoid damage from hard water.
Delta Faucet Essa Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer and Magnetic Docking Spray Head, Arctic Stainless 9113-AR-DST
5 used from $155.51
- LASTS 2X LONGER. Patented DIAMOND Seal Technology reduces leak points and lasts twice as long as the industry standard-ensuring leak-free operation for the life of the kitchen faucet (Industry standard is based on ASME A112.18.1 of 500,000 cycles)
- MAGNETIC DOCKING. MagnaTite Docking uses a powerful magnet to snap your kitchen sprayer into place so it stays docked and doesn't droop over time like other kitchen faucets
Kohler K-560-VS Bellera Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet, Vibrant Stainless Steel, Single-Hole or Three-Hole Install, Single Handle, 3-function Spray Head, Sweep Spray...
3 used from $154.79
- PULL-DOWN KITCHEN FAUCET: Allows you to control water with one hand and reaches beyond the sink to complete other kitchen tasks.
- 3-FUNCTION SPRAY HEAD: Includes stream, Boost, and Sweep Spray technologies. Boost allows you to increase flow rate by 30%. Sweep Spray has angled nozzles that create a powerful blade to clean your dishes and sink.
- EASY INSTALL: Hose and spray head pre-installed. Comes with flexible supply lines for easy water hook-up. 1- or 3-hole installation with escutcheon/deck plate included.
Moen Arbor Motionsense Two-Sensor Touchless One-Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet Featuring Reflex, Spot Resist Stainless (7594ESRS)
6 used from $279.85
- TWO SENSORS: MotionSense delivers exceptional hands-free touchless convenience with double sensors, allowing a simple hand movement to trigger the flow of water
- POWER CLEAN: Power Clean spray technology provides 50 percent more spray power versus most of our pulldown and pullout faucets without the Power Clean technology
- RETRACTABLE: Equipped with the Reflex system for smooth operation, easy movement and secure docking of the spray head. Hose Length : 68 inches
1 used from $98.48
- Pull-down spray with adjustable spray pattern and pause feature
- Brass swivel spout
- Metal lever handle
- Can be mounted with or without supplied escutcheon
- Spout Height 14-5/8" (372mm) with 8" (203mm) with clearance
3 used from $121.32
- Lead-free Brass construction with superior rust-resistant finish
- Lite touch single-lever flow control
- Heavy-duty commercial-style spring design
- Integrated two-way diverter for smooth flow control
- Powerful pre-rinse spray
- Lead-Free Brass Construction w/ Superior Rust-Resistant Finish