Last Updated on
Kitchen faucets are among the widely used items in a kitchen. Whether it be washing dishes, drinking water, or using water for cooking, you rely on the kitchen faucet to do it all. This is why one wrong decision can turn into a huge hassle. It is surprising that only a few people truly think about which kitchen faucet to buy.
There are quite a few options and types of faucets in the market. Each differs in terms of functionality, design, and price. To make sure you are able to derive most value out of the faucet, you must pick one wisely and take measures to equip yourself with the best kitchen faucets 2019 has.
Types of Kitchen Faucets
What a lot of people don’t know is that there are different types of kitchen faucets. Some of the most common and acclaimed ones include the following.
Pull Out Faucets
This is the ideal type of faucet for those who have a small sink. When you are short on space, the last thing you need is your faucet taking up space when opened. This is why pull out faucets that turn on in the opposite direction of the sink might be perfect if you wish to use them to fill large pots with water.
Pull Down Faucets
These are the most well-known among the masses. They have been in use for generations and continue to be the most preferred type of faucet. This is mainly because of the theme they set for kitchens. Such a faucet features a high arch and looks much more royal than other types of kitchen faucets.
The amount of swiveling it can undergo depends on the specific model you invest in. Some may not swivel at all, while others can be turned 180 or 360 degrees. One issue with this type of faucet is that the water pressure is considerably less.
This type of faucet is used in restaurant kitchens. When it comes to delivering high pressure, these faucets know no bounds. The pullout spray feature along with the high arch design allows such faucets to deliver the pros of both pull down and pull out faucets. Recently, manufacturers are also making home-friendly versions of these faucets.
Motion Detection Faucets
We live in a technologically advanced world, and a motion detection faucet reminds you of this fact time and again. These faucets are operated via battery and are activated automatically every time a cup/pot is under them or when you move your hands beneath them. Hence, you won’t have to touch the faucet for it to work. Since it is a highly convenient and sophisticated technology, it
is quite pricey.
This type of faucet has been on the market since forever. Now, it only exists because of its legacy rather than its functionality. Those who love the old times may continue to use it even though there are better options out there. The good thing about these faucets is that they remain functional even when one of the handles break. Most old houses already have this faucet preinstalled, leading to
its popular use.
How to Choose the Best Kitchen Faucets 2018
Selecting the best kitchen faucets 2018 has is not an easy task. There is no universal answer to the question, which is the best faucet? Instead, the perfect faucet for you depends on various factors. Here is how you should go about selecting a quality kitchen faucet.
Look at Your Sink
Before you go to the store and look at different options, you must check out your sink. Not every faucet is compatible with every sink. It all depends on the number of mounting holes available. Thus, when you go faucet hunting, check how many mounting holes it needs so that you don’t buy incompatible items.
Compatibility with Water Lines
Seeing if your faucet is compatible with your sink is not the only compatibility factor you should be concerned about. It needs to be compatible with your water lines as well. For this, you will be required to look at the water line size as well the size of the shutoff valves. If you can afford it, you are better off with replacing your old shutoff valves when opting for a new kitchen faucet.
Select the Type of Kitchen Faucet and Finish
Since there are quite a variety of faucet designs in the market, making up your mind about which type of design to go for will make the task easy for you. Moreover, visualize how a given faucet will look with the rest of the kitchen once it has been installed. Do this especially if you care about aesthetics.
Set a Budget
Some kitchen faucets have a higher price than others. They have either better quality or better style. To ensure that you don’t overspend, you must set a budget before you go to the store. Analyze how much you can invest in a kitchen faucet and filter your choices accordingly.
Don’t opt for overly cheap or pricey products. It is best that you try to find a balance between the two. Look for extended warranties to make the purchase cost-effective for the long run.
Construction and Material
Faucets are made of different materials as well. The most popular and premium are brass and stainless steel. This is because not only do they look great, but they are also highly durable. However, if you are low on budget, you can always go for composite materials. You must also make sure that the construction is high quality. It should be lead-free and have a satisfactory flow rate. Look for these features in the product description. The valve quality should also be assessed. This is important to avoid regular instances of drips and leakages.
5 Best Kitchen Faucets 2019
Are you unsure about which kitchen faucet to opt for? Here are five of the best products available in the market. After considering the factors mentioned above, go ahead and make your pick.
- LASTS 2X LONGER: Patented DIAMOND Seal Technology reduces leak points and lasts twice as long as the industry standard-ensuring leak-free operation for the life of the kitchen faucet (Industry standard is based on ASME A112.18.1 of 500,000 cycles)
- MAGNETIC DOCKING: MagnaTite Docking uses a powerful magnet to snap your kitchen sprayer into place so it stays docked and doesn't droop over time like other kitchen faucets
- EASY INSTALLATION: Designed to fit single-hole or 3-hole, 8-in. configurations. Everything you need is together in one box, including an optional deck plate for 3-hole installation and InnoFlex PEX supply lines that are integrated into the faucet for one less leak point
- EASY TO CLEAN. Delta kitchen faucets with Touch-Clean spray holes allow you to quickly and easily wipe away calcium and lime build-up with a touch of a finger, so no need to soak or use chemical cleaners
- LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: You can install with confidence, knowing this kitchen faucet is backed by Delta Faucet's Lifetime Limited Warranty
Delta has succeeded in delivering a quality pull-down kitchen faucet in the shape of the 9113-AR-DST Essa faucet.
This product is equipped with a lifetime warranty, which makes it a durable and cost-effective solution. After all, why would a company back up a product if it knows it won’t last long? Even if it does break, you won’t have to bear the whole cost.
When it comes to flow rate, this faucet does not disappoint. It features a satisfactory flow rate of 1.8 gpm when the pressure is 60 psi. The installation process is also quite flexible since it can be done via one as well as three holes.
• Different color options.
• Leaks prevented via Diamond Sealed Technology.
• Can swivel 360 degrees.
• It doesn’t have a high arch.
Those of you who are looking for durability will find the Delta 9113-AR-DST to be an excellent option.
- PULL DOWN KITCHEN FAUCET: Allows you to control water with one hand and reaches beyond the sink to complete other kitchen tasks
- 3 FUNCTION SPRAY HEAD: Includes stream, Boost, and Sweep Spray technologies. Boost allows you to increase flow rate by 30 percent. Sweep Spray has angled nozzles that create a powerful blade to clean your dishes and sink
- EASY INSTALL: Hose and spray head pre installed. Comes with flexible supply lines for easy water hook up. 1 or 3 hole installation with escutcheon/deck plate included
- MAGNETIC DOCKING: DockNetic magnetic docking system securely locks the spray head into place
- MADE TO LAST: Ceramic disc valves exceed industry standards of longevity, performance that is made to last the life in your kitchen.1.5 gpm (gallons per minute) maximum flow rate at 60 psi
Stylish, functional and durable – the Kohler K-560 ticks all the right boxes and has been lauded by the masses.
The first thing you will notice about the product is its high arch design. This is bound to give your kitchen a stylish and royal look. Moreover, its spout swivels 360 degrees, which is a source of convenience for those who have two sinks.
With a flow rate of 60 psi, it can easily pour 1.8 gallons of water per minute. Furthermore, the pull-down faucet can serve three functions. With the help of the included touch control, you can alter the function of a stream, sweep spray and pause.
• Comfortable to use thanks to the included ProMotion technology.
• Up to four installation holes included.
• Aesthetically pleasing.
• The design doesn’t fall under either the traditional style or contemporary.
For those of you who wish to go for a safe option that is compatible with all sinks, this faucet is your best bet.
- SPOT RESISTANT: Spot Resist Stainless finish resists fingerprints and water spots for a cleaner looking kitchen
- TWO SENSORS: MotionSense delivers exceptional hands free touchless convenience with double sensors, allowing a simple hand movement to trigger the flow of water
- POWER CLEAN: Power Clean spray technology provides 50 percent more spray power versus most of our pulldown and pull out faucets without the Power Clean technology
- RETRACTABLE: Equipped with the Reflex system for smooth operation, easy movement and secure docking of the spray head. Connection Size 3/8 inch
- FLEXIBLE DESIGN: Designed to be installed through 1 or 3 holes; escutcheon included
Tired of the same old types of faucets? Moen Arbor is here with a touchless one-handle sensor for you.
The faucet is equipped with two motion sensors, each of which is responsible for delivering a touchless experience to the user. A mere hand movement will activate and turn off the faucet.
It also manages to deliver a better spray power than other products in the market. This has been achieved by the Power Clean spray technology included. If the manufacturers are to be believed, the spray power of this faucet is 50% better than other options. Smooth functionality is further ensured by the use of a retractable faucet system.
• Usable with all types of kitchen decors.
• The high arch design is both highly functional and stylish.
• Easy to install.
• Premium price.
For individuals who are not limited by a budget and wish for a high-tech faucet for their kitchen, this faucet is perfect.
- Pull down spray with adjustable spray pattern and pause feature
- Brass swivel spout
- Metal lever handle
- Can be mounted with or without supplied escutcheon. Spout Height 14 5/8 Inch (372 millimeter) with 8 Inch (203 millimeter) with clearance
- Flow rate:1.5 GPM
Do you require a high flow rate from your faucet? If so, American Standard is here with the best faucet for you.
This faucet takes easy installation to a whole new level. Rather than relying on escutcheon for installation, this faucet can be installed without one. If you do have escutcheon, this faucet can be mounted on that as well. Such convenience is seldom delivered.
The use of brass adds to the durability of the faucet. It won’t feature rust or block a value any time soon. The handle is also durable, which is made from metal. The flow rate is approximately 2.2 gallons per minute, which is unprecedented in our top five faucets.
• An excellent contemporary design.
• High flow rate.
• Scratch- and corrosion-resistant.
• Not a lot of finish options.
Is high flow rate your biggest priority? If so, the American Standard Colony Soft Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet is the product for you.
- Lead free Brass construction with superior rust resistant finish
- Lite touch single lever flow control
- Heavy duty commercial style spring design
- Integrated two way diverter for smooth flow control
- Powerful pre rinse spray
Kraus is known for its creativity, and this kitchen faucet has been successful in upholding this legacy.
This faucet seems to be made for commercial use, but it isn’t. It has a unique yet appealing design, and the heavy-duty construction is more durable than in most other faucets on the market. To make sure that users are provided with a smooth flow, the faucet is accompanied by a two-way diverter. Therefore, at no point will you experience a low flow rate.
The construction material used is brass, which is resistant to corrosion and scratches. Moreover, chrome is used for the final finish, which makes the external parts resistant to rust as well. Between the two, the robustness of the faucet is guaranteed
• Less water wastage due to Neoperl aerator.
• Controlling water flow is easy.
• Pull-down sprayer is highly flexible.
• Can only work with one-hole sinks.
If you have a sink that requires a one-hole faucet and wish for a unique design, the Kraus KPF-1602 will be a good fit for you.
You might not have spent a lot of time thinking about how to choose your kitchen faucet in the past. Now, we hope you understand the importance of considering various factors and making the right decision. When you go faucet hunting, you will come across all sorts of products. Rather than buying the first thing you find, assess each potential option carefully.
Out of these five products, there is no one clear winner. All of these products are the best kitchen faucets 2018 has to offer. Each one is great for a different purpose. It all boils down to what your needs are.
Select your kitchen faucet wisely and watch as the aura of your kitchen changes completely with one right decision. Find the balance between price, quality, style, and comfort. It may seem impossible, but it can be done.
Last update on 2019-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API