Last Updated on
Best Shower Speakers 2019
- Bluetooth - Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing powerful stereo sound.
- Battery type : Lithium-ion Polymer (22.2Wh)2) 20 hours of playtime(varies by volume level and content)
- IPX7 Waterproof
- Take crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and echo-cancelling speakerphone.
- Build your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL Connect enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience.
JBL Charge 3 is a waterproof bluetooth speaker with many standout features. It is completely waterproof. You can submerge your JBL Charge under water and still hear the music just fine. JBL Charge is made of a soft plastic material that protects it and gives it a good grip. It’s also fairly compact. On the bottom of your JBL Charge, you’ll find a series of lights that indicate how much battery power you’re left with. Meanwhile, the USB port is safely hidden behind a rubber flap. The Bluetooth range is moderate, giving you an easy 60 feet without obstructions. It’ll reduce to 30 feet if you do have a wall or other objects in front of you, but even then, the sounds don’t crackle or break up. The playback controls here allow you to pause and skip music. You can also raise and lower the volume with the same button. The battery life is good with a 20-hour playback time. Sound quality of JBL Charge is good as you can listen to your music on the highest volume and the drums will never pierce through the speakers.
IPX7 rating Waterproof speaker
Long battery life
It’s a stunning combination of great sound and long lasting battery life, JBL Charge 3 is the Best Shower Speaker in 2019.
- CRISP, BALANCED SOUND and unmatched bass for a Bluetooth speaker its size, plays loud & clear outdoors for beach days or camping trips
- WATERPROOF speaker from the Inside out (Ipx7 rating), with soft, rugged exterior, resists dents, cracks and scratches
- EASILY PORTABLE with a Tear resistant strap to bring it wherever you go, strap to your backpack, cooler or handlebars
- UP TO 6 HOURS of play time from a rechargeable battery and wireless Bluetooth pairing. Wireless range up to 30 feet
- BUILT IN SPEAKERPHONE for taking calls out loud and voice access to your phone’s Siri or your Google assistant. Speaker Dimensions: 3.87 Height X 3.87 Width X 1.37 Depth inches. Silicone rubber for SoundLink Micro’s exterior
Made of a soft rubber material, Bose SoundLink Micro has an excellent speaker design. It is compact, portable and easy to grip. The speaker comes with a silicone strap that’s pretty resistant to wear and tear and lets you mount it on various surfaces. The device also features a speaker mode that lets you take calls even when your phone is not with you. You also get to speak to Google’s assistant while you’re at it. The Micro’s sound system is a key feature. When you raise the volume, it can get pretty loud and still give you premium quality. The balance between the bass and treble is a great experience for anyone wanting to perform a shower concert. However, there are a few caveats. While it can withstand submersion in water for a maximum of 30
minutes and you can still hear the music, it sounds like it’s drowning.
Good audio quality
IPX7 rating waterproof speaker
Low battery life
Bose SoundLink Micro is one of the best shower speakers of 2019. With great sound quality and portability, It rarely gets any better than this.
- Waterproof, Dirt proof, Shockproof
- Now with stereo linking, the Swimmer Duo gives you more robust sound and better sonic range. Easily link two together and listen to each one as true left and right speakers.
- Loop your Swimmer around virtually any object and for a secure fit, pull the tail through the open slot and twist its end to any side.
- Stick the Swimmer to just about any surface with its suction cup attachment for surprisingly better bass response and even more mounting options.
- Take the Swimmer's tail and reconfigure it any way you see fit. It doubles as a support base so you can set it up for great sound just about anywhere.
Polk audio Boom Swimmer Duo is waterproof, dirtproof and shockproof. This makes it the ideal choice for a bluetooth shower speaker. Boom swimmer duo comes in a unique S-shaped design that can be easily placed on a shower handle. You can wrap the tail to any hard platform you like. It also has a suction cup feature, meaning you can attach it to just about any surface in your bathroom. Most shower speakers do not have a suction cup. All controls are mounted across the soft rubber, cylindrical design, so you don’t have to look for your phone each time you want to skip or pause a song. What really is attention-grabbing is the two-in-one handsfree calling feature, so you can lose yourself in your music yet still be connected to the outside world. The Bluetooth will give you a range of 50 feet easily without obstruction. Furthermore, the Boom Swimmer Duo has decent sound quality to boast. That is no surprise from polk audio. The stereo system feature can easily fill the room and get pretty loud, which is perfect for some rock and roll headbanging.
Great sound quality
Low battery life
Polk Boom Swimmer Duo is the best budget Shower Speaker in 2019. This price is unbeatable!
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
The UE Roll 2 is a waterproof portable bluetooth speaker. The design is extremely user-friendly and comes with a handle in case you want to hang the speaker on or near your shower. You’ll find the volume buttons etched on the front for easy access, a mini USB port on the bottom and the power and Bluetooth controls located on the back. The Bluetooth connection boasts a 100-foot range, although it works fine until 70 feet before the sounds begin crackling. If there are a few obstructions between yourself and the wireless speaker, there’s a chance you might only manage a 30-foot distance. The sound quality, however, is above average. Playing songs on low volume is the best, but you can raise it and still get decent bass effects. The battery life of this bluetooth shower speaker is decent.
Waterproof shower speakers
Weak playback controls
UE Roll 2 is one of best shower speakers. You won’t get these features in many higher priced models!
- UP TO 8 HOURS PLAYTIME: Have your party go late into the night without worrying about charging your speaker
- WATER & DUST PROOF –IP67 RATED: The Hang Up is designed to keep the music going through just about anything. The IP67 rating means it’s dirt-proof and submersible in water up to one meter for 30 minutes
- SPEAKERPHONE: You can answer your phone without disconnecting from the Hang Up. Hang Up knows when a call is coming in and will pause the music before ringing
- SPEAKERPHONE: When you hang up, the music starts where the track left off. If you’re making a call, just start dialing from your phone, the Hang Up automatically does its hands-free thing
- AUX-IN PORT: No Bluetooth, no problem. The aux-in port allows you to hook your Hang Up to your device with a 3.5mm cable so you can enjoy your music wherever you are
The Jam Hang Up is made of a soft plastic material that leaves it resistant to wear and tear. The best part is that the silicone panel in the back features a sticky pad, so you can attach the Hang Up to the bathroom walls if you like. We were surprised how strong the adhesive was. It doesn’t fall from the wall, even if you’re blowing steam in the shower. The playback controls are large and well-placed around the plastic borders. The Bluetooth system is just satisfactory, although that shouldn’t dampen your expectations because this speaker does come with an aux cord to ensure your music keeps playing. The Hang Up boasts a 2-in-1 handsfree calling feature, so your music will temporarily pause when a call is incoming and will resume playing once you’re done talking. The battery life is long-lasting and offers great sound quality for a bargain price. The speaker claims to be dust- and water-resistant, but it can only remain submerged in water for 30 minutes. The device works best with the sticky pad; if you place it on the ground, the bass gets muffled. One of the best bluetooth speakers for the price.
Sticks to any smooth surface
Battery lasts long
Sounds get muffled when placed on surfaces
One of the best shower speakers for the price.
What is a Shower Speaker and do you need one?
There used to be a time when many of us would wrap our cell phones in plastic bags just to be able to take them into the shower. Singing your favorite tunes in the shower is a notoriously common habit. There’s just something about the bathroom and being under the shower head that makes your voice echo and hit high notes perfectly. Lucky for us, technology has advanced leaps and bounds over the last several years, and now, it’s possible to continue our karaoke session in the shower without any worries. However, a shower speaker is one of those technologies that do not get the appreciation they deserve. Well, we’re here to change all that. We’ve been doing our research on some of the best shower speakers on the market and think you should invest in at least one of them – that is, if you’re ready to give the walls a performance of a lifetime.
What you should know about the best shower speakers
The best shower speaker is much more than just a music playing device. It’s a travel companion and a handsfree call enabler too. This is why you will have to look beyond the sound quality before making a purchase. Always look for extra features in the models you shortlist because they don’t always come cheap.
It’s true that you get what you pay for, but there are some expensive shower speakers that aren’t waterproof. Additionally, they can drain your battery life really fast if you decide to play your music on loud volume. As disappointing as that can get for your impromptu concert, remember that there are some great bargains in the market that will give you some versatile features. Use this buying guide and go get yourself a shower speaker that lets you sing your heart out!
Things to Consider while buying the best Shower Speakers
Not all shower speakers are built the same. Before you put your hard-earned money on the counter, look for these features to ensure you’re getting the best shower speaker in the market.
If you’re someone who enjoys taking long showers, battery life is something you shouldn’t compromise on. Good battery life will definitely ramp up the costs. For the pricier models, you can expect up to 15 hours of playback on just a single charge, while the cheaper ones can get you up to 8-10 hours at most. Also, take note of the charge and playback ratio. A speaker will be of little use to you if you spend more time charging it than playing it in the shower.
Most shower speakers aren’t studio quality, but that doesn’t mean you need to accept the ones with harsh, piercing audios. Sometimes, the sound quality is impacted by the surface you place your device on. Check if the bass or treble alters too much with surface reflection and try to avoid such models. The sound quality is going to affect the overall price. Make sure you experiment with all the low, medium and high volumes before making the purchase. Avoid models where the battery drains quicker when you play at max volume.
How strong is the Bluetooth range? Most speakers will be able to work at 25 to 35 feet away from your phone, so don’t be surprised by that. If you want a strong wireless, aim for 80 feet and above without obstruction. Also, check if the sounds crackle or become muffled if there are obstacles on the path from the phone to the speaker. In such a case, you will be forced to place your device and speakers at basically the same place each time you use it.
When you’re in the shower, the least you’d expect your shower speaker to do is be waterproof, so don’t compromise on the material. Synthetic plastic or soft rubber exteriors are great because they allow you to grip the object with wet hands. A device that is shock-resistant and dustproof is an added bonus. Even better would be if all your controls are present on the surface of the speaker so that you don’t have to run to your phone each time you want to change a song. If you want something that is multi- purpose, other features like handles and straps will let you mount your speaker anywhere and even let you travel with it.
Many new shower speakers come with a built-in call attending feature. The number one thing you need is for all calls to be attended handsfree. There is no benefit to wireless speakerphone if you have to walk back to your phone with dry hands to receive a call. Try getting a device that can be easily linked to your phone. Also, as an added bonus, it’ll help if your music automatically pauses when you get a call so that you can answer it immediately and once you are done, the music should resume right after. Do check if the sound quality is acceptable in the echo of a bathroom and you can hear your caller with relative clarity.
Last update on 2019-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API