Last Updated on
Best Gaming Earbuds 2020
- Optimized for handheld mode
- Signature HyperX comfort
- Immersive in-game Audio
- In-line mic for game chat
- Two year
HyperX Cloud covers everything needed to be considered as one of the best gaming earbuds. It comes with tangle-free cables with 90 degrees plug, which permits an obstructive gaming experience. It comes mainly in two accents – red and black. The product has three different sizes of silicone ear insert to make the buds suit all their customers. The built-in mic works perfectly with excellent audio playback. Hyperx Cloud is comfortable to wear.
Three different ears insert
Comes with a gaming microphone
Budget gaming bud
Not good for listening to music
- 10 mm extra-large dynamic drivers for stellar audio fidelity
- All-new body design with flat-style cables for toughness on the go
- In-line microphone with 3 Quick Action Control buttons for iOS and Android devices
The Razer Hammerhead Pro 2 is one of the best gaming earbuds ever made and has great reviews. It comes in a rather classic look that adds style to your gaming wit the signature neon green color. The cables are ultra-durable and tangle-free. For an enhanced lightweight feel and extreme robustness, these pair of earbuds are made from high-quality aluminum. The V2 features a bigger driver that has been implemented to boost the bass performance and great acoustic clarity. This makes them amazing for game feedback. Asides gaming, Razer Hammerhead Pro is also a good companion for smartphone users. They also come with several adapter variations.
Excellent sound quality
Comes with volume control
Comes with microphone
Razer Hammerhead Pro is the best budget gaming earbuds in 2020. This is amazing for everyday use everywhere at an affordable price.
- “-Cl” Designates the product's color variation (Clear)
- Four high-definition drivers provide extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance for a state-of-the-art listening experience
- Three-way system configuration for dedicated low, mid and high frequency distribution
- Groundbreaking low-pass filter provides the previously unattainable deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer—without sacrificing clarity or detail
- Adjustable frequency response for customizable sound signatures with removable metal nozzle and changeable nozzle inserts (balanced, warm, and bright options included)
Shure makes some of the best gaming earbuds. SE846-CL provide a world-class audio experience with four drivers. Due to its four different drivers, it has a relatively large size. For this reason, it is worn over the ears. Also, it has a shape maintaining wire that works for everyone irrespective of the shape of the ear. The bass production is on another level, all thanks to its 9-ohms impedance. Moreover, this earbud comes with its own amplifier that gives the four drivers all the oomph needed for your gaming. This is one of the best gaming earbuds but oft ignored because of it’s pro price tag.
Comes with amplifier
Great dynamic driver
Shure SE846-CL Sound Isolating Earphones is the best sound isolating gaming earbuds. If you can afford it, you wont find anything better.
- 【High Quality Stereo Sound】- Upgraded Bluetooth 5.0, Powerful 10mm driver, High-end chipset QCC3034, Advanced codec APTX HD offer High-fidelity stereo sound quality.
- 【Built-in Magnetic Design & Long-Lasting Usage】- Up to 13 hours talk time / music time with only 1.5 hours charging time (Playtime varies according to volume level and audio content). Built-in Magnets, the earbuds will clasp together when you don’t need them, it can hang safely around your neck.
- 【Customizable Accessories】- The earbuds come with customizable accessories, 3 pairs normal earbuds tips and with 2 additional size of XL,XS to secure fit for all customers. And you won't feel hurt even for an whole day wearing with silicone materials and ergonomics ear hooks design.
- 【IPX6 Sweat Resistant & Good Compatibility】- Built for your active lifestyle - these earbuds are rated IPX6 and can withstand dripping sweat. These earbuds are compatible with all devices with buletooth 4.0 or the above bluetooth versions.
- 【Volume Control & In-line Mic】- The earbuds have an in-line mic and volume control buttons, perfect for answering calls or listening. Tips: When charging with a charging adapter, please make sure the current should not be greater than 1A. SoundPEATS provides 12 months hassle-free warranty to ensure the enjoyment of your purchase.
SoundPEATS Magnetic Wireless Earbuds has an amazing affordable price with great audio. Some pair of earbuds cost five times the price of this that don’t even meet up in sound quality. You won’t have any issues pairing this earbud to your gaming device. This earbuds for gaming uses advanced Bluetooth 4.1, with a 10 meters connectivity range. It also comes with a wireless mic that is useful for making calls. Also, they come with ten extra pairs of ear tips and six additional sets of ear fins. This makes it an ideal earbud for everyone.
Magnet for safety
Up to 7-hours of usage
IPX6 waterproof that shields it from sweat
Needs extra care for durability
SoundPEATS Magnetic Wireless Earbuds is the best wireless gaming earbuds. This is the best gaming earbuds when it comes to value for money.
- Ideal for iPod, iPhone and iPad.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Noise cancelling reduces surrounding distractions, letting music stand out. Stay Hear+ tips provide long lasting comfort plus stability
- Aware mode lets you hear what's around you when you need to, at the touch of a button; Charging time: 2 hours
- Exclusive TriPort technology and Active EQ help deliver lifelike, digital quality audio. Control module(inches):3.5 Height x 1.25 Width x 0.37 Depth
- QC20 headphones are specifically designed to work with selected Apple or selected Samsung and Android devices. An inline microphone and one touch answer/end button allow for seamless switching between your calls and music. Some phones may require you to hold the answer/end button for a few seconds to perform these functions
This gaming earbud falls under the category of one of the high price earbuds in the market today. It also ranks high among its peers. The earbud is comfortable and it doesn’t pierce through the ear canal. The Stayhere+ tip enhances stability. The audio performance is astonishing with Bose’s Active EQ and Triport technology. This makes it one of the best gaming earbuds for sound isolation.
Amazing noise cancellation
Consistent sound performance
Bad bass response
Bose QuietComfort 20 is the best noise cancellation gaming earbuds. These cost a premium and are a must for any traveler who likes gaming.
What are Gaming Earbuds?
Gaming Earbuds let you immerse in gaming sessions without any distractions.
Gaming Earbuds Benefits
There are several reasons why many will choose earbuds for gaming over headphones. Earbuds offer won’t ruin your hairstyle, unlike headphones. Earbuds offer portability. Let’s look at more important reasons of choosing a pair of gaming earbuds.
Gaming Earbuds have been around for a while now, and their portability is the sole factor that boosts their popularity. This is why they give a pair of earbuds for free on planes, or why they come with our smartphones. There are smaller, and their weight is very light, which makes them very comfortable for many on-the-go activities. Also, they don’t disturb those around you.
Gaming earbuds have been engineered to be have more comfortable than headsets. This is possible because of the soft rubber bud on the driver earbuds. This makes earbuds the best option when it comes to long hours of a gaming session. Besides, the ear tips are the only thing touching your head when you are using earbuds. Moreover, they don’t carry earcups or bulky headbands.
An in-ear earbud is excellent for complete immersion during gaming sessions. It helps you avoid distractions. In-ear headphones aren’t simply as good for immersion. Immersion improves your gaming by connecting you deeper into the gaming world. All earbuds are designed to fit into your ear perfectly unlike in-ear headphones. This is one factor that allows you to isolate yourself from external sounds and distractions.
Earbuds are very affordable, and no matter what your budget is, you will find an earbud that suits your budget.
We will help identify the best gaming earbud s for a wide range of budgets.
How we choose the best gaming earbuds?
There is a wide range of gaming earbuds in the market today. Not all gaming earbuds are made with equal quality. There are some products out there that are really good, and there are equally really terrible ones. It is left for you to put into making sure when getting one, you avoid the terrible models and end up with something worth the price you paid. We tend to use gaming earbuds because of the convenience and the meaning they add to playing our games. We have employed the best strategy to identify the best gaming earbuds in the market. Some factors have been taking into consideration in the picking of the best gaming earbuds.
Things to consider before buying the best gaming earbuds
Some gaming earbuds in the market are cheap and come at unbelievable prices, but it is best to avoid this type. The best gaming earbuds are really not cheap, and their prices can’t be bargained. You might ask why are the good ones not cheap? This is because the good-quality ones need a good-quality Bluetooth chip, for instance, the ones from Qualcomm. They also need to have an average or above-average high-density batteries to enable them to perform for longer hours between charges. So, with this fact, you should know by now, good quality gaming earbuds do not come cheap, so if you want a one of high-quality is prepared to spend a little more. However, this doesn’t mean you will be breaking the bank to get a quality earbud for your gaming.
It is essential to know which codecs your gaming earbud of preference supports. For most models, they only work with SBC. Those codecs that don’t support higher resolution music will often sound flat because of the limited speed of transmission that the codec uses. The latest Android device support a wide range of Bluetooth audio codecs. For Apple users, it is essential before purchasing an earbud, to check for the codec your device supports.
The ear tips of an earbud are one of the vital parts. For silicone ear-tips, which are small and shallow, they don’t form a good seal with your ear canal. External sounds find their way in, and this is not a satisfying experience. For some people whose earbuds don’t form a decent seal, they can change the ear-tips to memory foam tips. This tip increases the warmth of your ears, thereby creating a perfect sound seal. Because most gaming earbuds are stored in their charging cases when not in use, the fitting of aftermarket ear-tips is not always possible. It is because the depression in the case where the earbud sits is not wide enough to allow it to be stored with the after-market ear-tips. Check that the ear-tips coming with your earbud of choice fits your ears perfectly to make an effective seal and come in various size. Some gaming earbuds feature a small ear fin to help in keeping it in the ear. Comfort and fit are two essential factors that cannot be over when buying a pair of the best gaming earbuds.
This only applies to wireless gaming earbuds. Most earbud manufacturers put out a battery life of about five hours and will quote a playing between three and five hours. When using the product, the battery is usually found to be 20% less than that given by the manufacturer. When dead, the earbuds must be placed into their charging case to be recharged again using the power from the in-built battery of the charging case. Some charging cases are capable of holding up a charge that can charge the earbud for up three or four uses before it needs to be recharged. Sometime you might get a usage of 12-15 hours, but this isn’t for continuous listening on a charge. So you might want to check the battery life of the earbuds before it needs to be recharged with the charging case.
Some more expensive types of earbuds come with control pads and buttons on it that are capable of altering the volume, skip to the next track, pick a phone call, and send a voice command. Some other earbuds are capable of automatic stopping or pausing the music once the earbud is out of your ear. Check for the controls the earbuds in the market offer before making your choice. Choose the model with responsive control.
This is a feature that is becoming popular among the best gaming earbuds. Some gaming earbuds come with noise-canceling technology. This feature eats into the battery. So, have it in mind that the playtime of your earbud will be reduced. Gaming earbuds with this feature may be a little chunky to accommodate the bigger battery size needed by the circuitry.
Noise-canceling earbuds may come with a ‘Hear-Thru’ feature that gives you control over the noise-canceling level. So, you can adjust it to a level comfortable and safe when going for a jog and mute to listen to someone speak without taking off the earbud to hear what they have to say or other sound.
This case is capable of storing and recharging wireless earbuds. It is a vital part of earbuds. Some charging cases hold enough charge for up to four times recharge of the pair of gaming earbuds. The case needs to be able to store a large amount of charge if you want to take your earbuds out with you.
When it comes to how loud earbuds can be, not all are manufactured equally. Some gaming earbuds give enough sound at just half their maximum volume, while others need to be a maximum before giving you the amount of sound you need. Check out the volume range of each earbud. This is unlike wired earbuds, which can be connected to a headphone amplifier.
Wireless or Wired
Wireless earbuds are excellent for gaming as well as other activities like exercising. Make sure to check battery life when buying wireless gaming earbuds. The best gaming earbuds can be wired or wireless, depending on your needs.