Last Updated on
Best Sunscreen For Men 2020
Sun Bum SPF 50 Moisturizing Non-Greasy Cream
- Ideal for everyday use, by adults and children with even the most sensitive skin
- Broad Spectrum UVA / UVB Protection, Water Resistant (80 Minutes)
- Hypoallergenic & made with reef friendly, vegan ingredients that are designed to protect against UVA rays, prevent premature aging, and moisturize skin. Parsol 1789 & Vitamin E Enriched
- Excludes ingredients that clog pores or causes common allergies - Non-comedogenic, Oxbenzone & Octinoxate Free, Paraben Free, Cruelty Free, Gluten Free, PABA free & Oil Free.
- Sun Bum follows the recommendations & guidelines set by the Skin Cancer Foundation (SCF) and the American Cancer Society. All of Sun Bum’s Original line of sunscreens have been tested, approved, and recommended by the SCF.
Now get a water-resistant all-day hydrating sunscreen product at your service. You can use it for all skin types, including men, women, and children. It contains no harmful chemicals like PABA, gluten, paraben, etc. This is an everyday use lotion which has a broad spectrum of SPF 50. The vegan product is safe and never results in clogging.
· Everyday product
· SPF 50
· Water-resistance (80 minutes)
· Suitable for men, women, and kids
· No harmful chemicals
· Easy to apply and blend
· No greasy formation as a residue
· In a few cases, it has resulted in burning sensation under the eye area.
Sun Bum SPF 50 Moisturizing Non-Greasy Cream is the best sunscreen for men in 2020
Neutrogena Liquid Sheer Daily Weightless SPF 70 Cream
- 1.4-fluid ounce of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Facial Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 70 to help protect skin against harmful sun damage from UV rays and prevent sunburn
- Ideal for daily use, our liquid face sunscreen spreads easily over skin, absorbing instantly for a weightless feel and provides an even, shine-free finish that works beautifully alone or under makeup and moisturizers
- Made with Helioplex, a sunscreen technology with Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB protection, this daily facial sunscreen is specially formulated to be both water-resistant and sweatproof
- When used as directed with other sun protection measures, our sheer face sunscreen can help decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun
- From the #1 dermatologist-recommended suncare brand, the unique formula of this antioxidant sunscreen is oil- and PABA- free as well as non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores
Gift yourself this amazing sunscreen neutrogena. It can help highly Safeguard your skin from annoying sunburns and allergies. You can include this formula in your daily skincare regime. It is weightless and humidifies well the skin pores. The composition is designed in such a way that it has high water and sweat resistance. Helioplex is the main ingredient. It has been a dermatologist tested and approved the product.
· Daily sunscreen make up
· Water and sweat proof
· Helioplex content
· Dermatologists approved
· SPF 70
· It stays longer due to weightless texture
· Thin consistency and smells good
· In some skin types blending this with a beauty blender was a bit hard task.
Neutrogena Liquid Sheer Daily Weightless SPF 70 Cream is the best spf 70 sunscreen for men in 2020.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios Cool Lotion Water SPF 60 Sunscreen
- With Cell-Ox Shield XL antioxidant technology
- Refreshing water-like texture
- SPF30 sunscreen for face and body
- Refreshing weightless water-like texture for face and body
- Immediate cooling effect
It is composed of natural textured sunscreen for everyday use. Cell ox Sheild technology is induced in the composition, which gives a cooling effect on your skin. If you have sensitive skin, then go for this product without any doubts. This feels like water on your skin cells, so hydrating quality is brilliant. Dermatologists have approved and tested this product.
· SPF 60
· Cell ox shield
· Cool effect
· Moisturizes well
· Dermatologists approved
· Fine radical removal
· Never causes unnecessary breakouts in any skin types.
· For very few consumers burning sensation was observed
· It is a bit expensive.
One of the best sunscreens for men in 2020.
Banana Boat SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Dry Sunscreen Balancing Lotion
- REEF SAFE Sunscreen, made without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Reef safe sunscreen made without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Broad-spectrum UVA and UVB sunscreen protection
- Water-resistant for up to 80 minutes
- Skin breathes easy
Banana Boat SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Dry Sunscreen Balancing Lotion is one of the easiest apply suncreen. No oxybenzone and octinoxate are included in the active ingredients. In case you are searching for a lightweight sunscreen to get soft skin, this is the apt product. It has a broad spectrum spf rating of SPF 30. Skin Cancer Foundation has recommended this product as a high-end quality product for all skin types. The water-resistance of it is for about 80 minutes. Once you apply it on your skin, you will get a soft satin finish. The striking moisturizing benefits of this sun protecting product are unquestionably best. No messed up residue is formed after you have applied it on your skin.
· Suitable for all skin types
· SPF 30
· Soft satin skin-derived
· Hydrates well
· No thick residue formation
· Beautiful fragrance
· Multiple applications of this product do not cause any skin irritation or burn.
· Under your make up it can blend well and give you a matte look.
· In a few cases, the burning sensation was experienced.
Our Verdict: one of the best sunscreens for men which gives your sun protection at a unbeatable price.
Jack Black Sun Guard SPF 45 Sunscreen No Oil Water Resistant Formula
- Offers superior broad-spectrum uva/uvb protection and absorbs quickly without greasy or heavy residue
- Perfect for all skin tones
- Leaves skin soft and fresh with uv rays protection
- Absorbs quickly without any greasy or heavy residue
- Formulated for extreme conditions, Sun Guard forms a barrier of protection and stays on during intense physical activity in and out of the water; won't run or drip into eyes
It is an advanced formula prepared to fight against the harmful UV rays. Valuable vitamins are blended in the composition to produce a superior barrier against sunlight. It contains no oil and has a broad spectrum of SPF 45.
· Vitamin blend
· SPF 45
· High-quality ingredients
· Easy to blend under makeup
· Pleasant aroma
· It is not a pocket-friendly product.
Our Verdict: We advise this high-end sunscreen lotion for those who want to try super hydrating sunscreen. Try it to get a radiant, soft skin even when you are exposed under the sun.
Why do you need a sunscreen?
Sunburn or getting tanned is one of the crucial issues all individuals, including men, go through. To be practical, you can’t lock yourself in your house. Instead, you can try UV protected creams which can safeguard your skin against the harmful rays. Once you apply your sunscreen, going out for beach parties or office work everything becomes smooth. There are many factors related to different sunray protecting creams or lotions. Sun allergies or tanning can lead to severe skin disease. Sunscreen plays a vital role in skin care purpose. You should always carry it during your traveling. Before selecting sunscreen based on your skin type, go through these factors, which can help you during your purchase.
Factors To Consider While Buying the best Sunscreens
Before you purchase a sunscreen lotion or cream, get your skin checked by a dermatologist. It will help you to understand your skin type, the problems related to your skin, and also the solution.
If you have dry skin, go for sunscreens which will have moisturizing benefits. Essential oils induced in such lotions can also be beneficial.
For oily skin users, a balanced cream or sunscreen lotion is favored so that it can control the oil secretion. Hence going for gel-based solutions are best for this kind of skin.
Sensitive skin is complicated. Zinc oxide and titanium oxide is present in your sunscreen; then it can help you. Always try not to opt for sunscreen lotions or a cream which contains PABA. This can cause more skin irritation.
Acne-prone skin users can choose water-based sunscreens which will prevent the breakouts and annoying pimples.
SPF (sun protection factor)
The prime function of a sunscreen cream is to protect your skin from harmful rays of UVA/UVB. It should also restrict the anti-aging symptoms in your skin, such as wrinkles, fine lines, etc. Mostly increasing UVA or UVB can lead your skin towards cancer. Choose sunscreen which has 15% broad spectrum to give you protection from 92.5% UVA rays. SPF 30 and sunscreen spf 50 can provide you with sun protection up to 97-98.5 % easily. You can also safeguard your sensitive lips by using sun protecting lip balms. Always remember, lips are a sensitive organ of your body like your skin.
Water Or Sweat Resistance
There are sunscreens which should be used while you go for swimming or water sport activities. While there are some lotions or creams which can give you the same benefit if you work on roads or travel.
Choose the water-resistant sunscreen, which you can use during your water activity should give you 40-50% of safeguarding benefits from the sun.
Again for sweat-proof sunscreen oils or creams can give your skin protection up to 80-90%.
Don’t fall in the trap of getting 100% sun ray protection from any brands or products.
For UVA protection, select a sunscreen lotion containing zinc oxide, oxybenzone, ecamsule, titanium dioxide, avobenzone, or sulisobenzone. Chemical sunscreens work smoother on the skin. Homosalate, Octisalate, octocrylene, etc. are few ingredients which are used in such cream or lotions. According TO FDA reports, it is said that there are ingredients like Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide are safe. However, in a few other reports, it is tagged as harmful ingredients for skin, leading to dissatisfactory results.
Avoid Alcohol-Based Sunscreens For Few Skin Types
In any case, if any individual is suffering from rosacea or too much acne, then they should avoid using sunscreens containing alcohol. It is a fact less alcohol is used in a few gel sunscreens for acne-prone skin type to lessen pimple irritation. So for such acne skin users more than cream or lotion such gels are better but are not entirely advised.
One of the prime factors to go for sunscreen is a renowned brand. There are so many brands that men often get confused seeing the promotion and the guarantee they offer. Keep in mind to go for a brand which will compose the sunscreen solution with high-end products. Certified by FDA or international brands are much beneficial as compared to the local items.
Never compromise on your budget. Various skincare products are readily available in the market and also online. So once you choose any of such products, compare the prices. Go for the discounted costs. Instead of going for cheaper sunscreen products which will provide you a considerable amount of protection from sun rays.
Date Of Expiry
Check the package of the sunscreen lotion or tube. Always remember that a decent sunscreen will last for maximum 3-4 months not more than that. If you use it after the expiration date, it might cause skin irritation or a burning sensation. In this context, it is needless to say kindly check all the expiration dates whenever you shop a skincare product.
A child’s skin is very delicate and sensitive as compared to an adult. So choosing a kid’s sunscreen requires lots of researches and review work undoubtedly. Consult a child specialist before you think of applying any sunscreen lotion to your little one. Avoid the creams which have PABA. Try going for products which have mentioned suitable for kids.
Another essential factor is the age of your little kid. Mostly a child of 5 years and more can start using the sunscreen. Still taking that risk on your own is not at all appreciated.
There are sunscreen creams which have fruit extracts or have glossy, shimmery tint effects on the skin. Do not indulge in getting into such perks of the cosmetics that they are offering. Go for light sunscreen always, which will stay long on your skin. Applying more amount of shimmery sun protecting creams may give your skin an extra glow but won’t preserve much as expected.
Cream VS Spray Sunscreens
Stick to the cream-based solutions instead of sprays. While preparing the spray sunscreens, mostly minerals are induced. These minerals contain the small particles which can get inside the bloodstream causing severe skin disorders.
Tips During Application Of Sunscreen
· Apply your sunscreen at least 20-30 minutes before stepping out of your door
· Wearing a sunscreen under your make up is better.
· Use other sun precautionary methods as well to protect your entire body like a scarf, hats, etc.
· Reapplication of sunscreen in every 2-3 hours is also recommended.
· If you are using a spray sunscreen, make sure you do it from a considerable distance that it does not affect your eyes or nose.