Last Updated on
Best Military Watches for Men 2020
- Shock resistant, neobrite, mineral glass, mud resistant, 200-meter water resistance, led backlight (super illuminator), digital compass, thermometer, world time, stopwatch
- Countdown timer, 5 daily alarms, hourly time signal, low battery alert, full auto-calendar, 12/24-hour format, button operation tone on/off, approx. Battery life: 2 years on sr927w x 2
- Quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 56.2mm
- Water resistant 200m (660ft): in general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not diving
The G-Shock GG-1000 is a fantastic military watch with loads of features. The glass lens is sturdy and crystal clear, with five daily Alarms, and long battery life. It has a handful of instruments such as a compass, stopwatch, and Thermometer. Also, it has an outstanding 200 meters or 600 feet of water resistance. It also features an impressive backlight that makes time reading easy at night. One of the most legendary men’s watches ever made, Casio’s G-Shock series is one of the best men’s military watch. The pedigree of Casio is undoubted. Made in Japan by Casio, Gshock Mudmaster is a high quality men’s watch. Designed to battle the elements, this watch work’s in land, water and air. Casio Gshock Mudmaster is Shock-resistant, 200 meters water resistance and even resistant to low-temperature resistance (-10°C / 14°F). Even though it comes with so many features, it is very easy to setup and use. Casio Gshock Mudmaster comes with a very solid and sturdy matte black carbon fiber strap. Using a solar powered battery, this men watch will always make sure you are fully charged. Casio Gshock Mudmaster uses a sapphire crystal which is clear and very durable. The luminescence on this military watch is unbelievable! If you are a fan of Casio Gshocks or well made military watch, this is for you. This one of the best Casio G-Shock in 2020.
Simple to read analog hand
Long battery life
Dark LCD – makes it difficult to read
This is one of the best Military watches for men in 2020.
- Features a rugged, knurled stainless steel bezel, durable water repellent nylon strap, and a premium scratch resistant sapphire crystal glass
- Suunto's automatic shot detection technology keeps track of when and where you shoot, mapping the GPS coordinates of your location for later viewing
- Gps tracks your path, helping you find your way back using the automatic breadcrumb trail,Compatible with Suunto Movescount App (iOS and Android)
- Location based moon Phase calendar with moon rise and moon set times helps you determine the best hunting and fishing times. Operating temperature 20° C to +60° C / 5° F to +140° F
- Suunto Traverse Alpha watches are handmade in Finland.Battery type rechargeable lithium ion. Battery life In time mode 14 days. Training mode with GPS 10, 15, 100 h
Suunto Traverse Alpha is a tactical watch that is great for military or everyday use. Made in Finland, these men’s military watches are very durable and offers a wide range of tactical and military feature. Suunto Traverse Alpha comes with GPS, GLONASS support and even MGRS (Military Grid Reference System). Making this watch give highly accurate position data. Being a military watch, it even has automatic shot detection technology that tracks(via GPS) when and where you shoot. The strap is very durable and comfortable, made of composite materials and a stainless steel bezel. The sapphire crystal makes the watch scratch resistant and has better clarity. Even though Suunto Traverse Alpha comes with so many features, it has long lasting battery life. Suunto Movescount App (available for iOS and Android) gives you even more options and in-depth data of your activities. It has additional features including moon phase calendar, compass, altimeter, barometer and many more. Suunto Traverse Alpha is one of the best military watches and has been tested against military standards (mil Std 810G). Suunto Traverse Alpha is the best Suunto watch in 2020.
- 1.2” high-resolution, sunlight-readable display with domed sapphire lens; switch between daytime use and night vision goggle compatibility
- Includes preloaded TOPO mapping plus routable map navigation
- Rugged design includes a black diamond-like carbon (DLC) coated titanium bezel, black titanium rear cover and stainless steel buttons — plus built-in Elevate wrist-based heart rate¹ monitoring
- Tactical-specific features include Jumpmaster, waypoint projection, dual-position GPS formatting and preloaded tactical activity
- Built-in navigation sensors include GPS and GLONASS plus a three-axis compass, barometer, altimeter and gyroscope
Garmin Tactix Charlie is a sophisticated tactical watch which is perfect for everyday and outdoor use. Made by world renowned Garmin, this watch is of great quality. This tactical watch has a very durable case with a stainless steel bezel. The sapphire crystal lens is scratch resistant and gives great viewing clarity. Garmin Tactix Charlie features GPS/GLONASS positioning with MGRS format support. Water rated up to 10ATM (100 meters), you can wear this watch while swimming. Everything in the Garmin Tactix Charlie is there for a quality purpose. For example, the men’s watch is colored black and is non reflective as per requirements of field used tactical gear. You can sync this watch with the Garmin Connect app and view in-depth information about your activities. Garmin Tactix Charlie is one of the best tactical watches for men, having features such as compass, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, etc. Garmin Tactix Charlie offers great features and functionality. This is the best Garmin watch for men in 2020.
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping, Tough Solar Power, Smart Access, Tough Movement, Auto hand home position correction
- 100M WR, Low Temperature Resistant, Altimeter, Digital Compass, Barometer, Thermometer, World Time,5 Daily Alarms
- Hourly Time Signal,12/24 Hour Formats, Solar Rechargeable Battery, Power Saving Function, Approx. Battery Life: 6 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
Casio PRW-6000Y is a top military watch for men. It is black colored and comes with a very sporty design. Made in Japan, Casio’s quality needs no introduction. Casio PRW-6000Y features a display that has digital and analogue features. This military watch comes with a resin band with buckle closure, making it very durable for day to day useage. Synchronized by receiving radio signals up to 6 times per day, making sure that you always get the accurate time. Having water resistance to 100 meters, you can go swimming and snorkeling with this. Casio PRW-6000Y also comes with features like bearing, altitude, temperature and many more great features. A unique feature called storm alarm alerts you about storms by detecting sudden pressure changes. Solar powered, this watch has a long lasting battery life that will keep your watch working for up to 6 months without any access to sunlight. Casio PRW6000Y is one of the top military watches men can buy. It is among the best solar powered watches for men in 2020.
- T100 makes this watch up to 4 times brighter than a Luminox or Traser
- T100 illumination lasts up to 50 years, which is double the life of a standard T25 tritium watch
- T100 represents the latest technology in tritium watches and makes seeing the time in the dark much easier on the eyes
- Ultra lightweight carbon-fiber reinforced case combined with scratch resistant sapphire crystal
ISOBrite Super Bright Watch is bright enough for every and any situation. The military watches are 4 times brighter than any Luminox or Traser. The illumination lasts up to 50 years(double of a T25 tritium watch). ISOBrite Super Bright Watch is made with an ultra lightweight carbon-fiber reinforced case. The face glass is made of scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. The battery life is about 10 years, meaning you will pretty much never have battery problems. ISOBrite Super Bright Watch is water resistant with a rating of 200M. If you are looking for the brightest men’s tactical watch in 2020, this is it. This is the best Armourlite watch in 2020.
- Black solar-powered sport watch with multiple features including digital compass, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, low temperature resistance (-10 C/14 F), EL backlight, world time (31 time zones, 48 cities), city code display, five daily alarms, 1/100-second stopwatch, full auto calendar (pre-programmed until 2099), countdown timer, 12/24-hour formats, battery power indicator, and power-saving function
- Approximate battery life: 6 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
- 51-mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with digital display
- Resin band with buckle closure; Dimensions:57.3 x 50.9 x 15.3mm
The PAG240-1 Pathfinder boasts of an impressive dual-layer LCD, with an irregular surface design for easy rotation of the rings with your fingers. Also, you can switch the light senses automatically by tilting your wrist. The accuracy of the built-in Barometer, altimeter, and Thermometer will be of great help during adverse weather conditions. It comes with a solar-powered battery so that you won’t be worried about battery power, and the power-consuming functions will work well. The unique feature of these military watches are its fantastic memory Keeping. A bearing memory feature enables your watch to display the directions detected in graphical forms regularly. It then memorized these directions for future trips. This unique feature comes in handy when you find yourself in an area with low visibility caused by trees or fog.
Bearing memory function
In-built world clock (48 cities)
Triple sensors (digital compass, Barometer/Altimeter, Thermometer)
Sunrise and sunset data
Firm rotating bezel
- Luminous black watch featuring notched unidirectional bezel, contrast white markers, and date display at 3 o'clock position
- 44 mm Polyurethane case with mineral dial window
- Swiss quartz movement with analog display
- Polyurethane band with embossed logo and buckle closure
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving
Luminox Men’s 3051 EVO Also known as 8815 Black resin, this is a powerful waterproof watch down to 200 meters or 600 feet. It has an ultra-durable stainless steel 44 mm. The band uses sturdy resin, which allows it to stay firm on your hand. The numerals are bold enough, and they appear even better on the back background.
Difficult to read in dim light
- Adjustable brown 20 millimeter genuine leather strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Black dial with date window at 4 o'clock; Arabic numerals in increments of 5 up to 60
- 30-minute chronograph measures to 1/20th second
- Black 43 millimeter brass case with mineral glass crystal; Indiglo light-up watch dial
- Water-resistant to 100 meter (330 feet): In general, suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
Adjustable leather strap
Bright Indiglo lights
Issues with the second’s hand alignment
Despite looking tough and rugged, Timex Men’s Expedition military watch still offers some exciting features. It was designed to tolerate the most extreme conditions and outdoor operations, while also being a perfect fit for your corporate wardrobe.
The genuine leather strap offers both physical ease and sophisticated touch to your appearance.
Its water resistance ability measures up to 100 meters, while it’s shock resistance is according to ISO standards.
This is the best Timex watch for men in 2020.
The Rangeman has features like altitude, temperature, and barometric pressure at your fingertip. This watch can help soldiers, campers, and other adventuress get information of an incoming threat and will be able to plan an escape before the impending danger gets them. The watch has no analog display, everything is digital, date, time, direction, and more. Overall, it is a durable watch, practical, easy to use, and a comfortable-to-wear watch.
Accurate time calibration
Light and comfortable to wear
A handful of features
Easy user interface
Requires direct light to charge
- Shock Resistant
- ISO 764 Class Magnetic Resistance
- Interchangeable bands
- Mineral Glass
- 200M Water Resistant
- Digital watch: Fashionable sporty dial design, military style outlook. Big numbers display with light and large dial, show time clear even in the dark. Use import EL Lamp, press "LIGHT" button to see the time clearly in the light, easy to read
- Sports watch: Suitable for men, especially to those who like doing sports, multi-functions make it perfect for both outdoor and indoor sports, such as running, climbing, fishing and so on
- Water resistant to 50M / 164FT. In general,suitable for Swimming and cold shower,not suitable for long time underwater activities such as diving
- LED backlight, 1/100 second digital stopwatch, auto calendar, hourly alarm and alarm clock, shock resistant, 12/24 hour formats
- High quality watch: Senior rubber band, comfortable to wear. The dial window is made of acrylic mirror, high transparency, compressive and abrasion
- Adjustable green 20mm nylon strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Black dial with date window at 3 o'clock; full Arabic numerals
- Gray 40mm brass case with mineral glass crystal
- Indiglo light-up watch dial; luminous hands
- Water resistant to 50m (165 ft): In general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling
- Adjustable tan 20mm nylon strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Black dial with date window at 4 o'clock; Arabic numerals in increments of 5 up to 60
- 30-minute chronograph measures to 1/20th second
- Black 43mm brass case with mineral glass crystal; Indiglo light-up watch dial
- Water-resistant to 100m (330 ft): In general, suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
- Stainless steel watch featuring round black dial with date window and stitched canvas band
- Japanese-quartz movement that charges in natural or indoor light
- Mineral crystal dial window. Band - Nylon, Strap, Buckle
- Features buckle closure, luminosity, textured crown, and analog display;Age Group:Adult
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving. After setting the time, firmly push the crown back into its normal position
- Large sporty dial designed with dual displays and multiple functions, fits both outdoor and indoor activities, such as running, hiking and so on, easy to set up after reading the manual
- Water resistant to 30M, meet your daily waterproof need, don’t worry about when you wash hands or wash cars. Covered with 304 stainless steel bottom to improve the waterproof performance
- Powered by Japanese imported movement and button cells, provide precise time keeping and longer service life, help you to manage your time wisely
- Soft rubber band makes this sports watch comfortable to wear, won’t feel too tight or too loose on your wrist with adjustable band. Durable senior plastic case and mineral glass mirror provide better use experience
- Warranty of 12 months, We assure you Quality Guarantee and Excellent Customers Service. Please feel free to contact us for any questions, we will try our best to help you
- Adjustable black 20mm genuine leather and fabric strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Black dial with full Arabic numerals; date window at 3 o'clock; 24-hour military time
- Durable black 40mm resin case with acrylic crystal
- Indiglo light-up watch dial; luminous hands
- Water resistant to 50m (165ft: in general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling
- DETAILS: 200 Meter Water Resistant, Super Illuminator LED Light with Afterglow (selectable illumination duration 1.5 or 3 seconds), World Time, 31 times zones (48 cities + UTC), daylight saving on/off, home city/world time swapping, 4 Daily Alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm and an Hourly Time Signal.
- GREAT LOOK: Men, women, young, old, teens or tweens can rock this watch! Grab for the day, work, traveling, shopping, hanging out, walking or for that perfect accessory. Pair with any outfit from casual to sporty and everywhere in between and always be on time.
- GREAT FIT: Comfort is so important, and the key when picking a watch to wear all day. This is not only comfortable, fun, and new, but a style that will bring lots of compliments, while wearing. Perfect gift idea for that birthday, holiday or just a thinking of you present.
- GREAT QUALITY: This timeless quality item comes in a variety of styles and some have more color options. G-SHOCK watches stand out not just with their tough design, but also with their technical refinements. Everyone needs to keep track of time to stay track in life!
- G-Shock is, designed to resist mechanical shock and vibration. Its full form is Gravitational Shock. The ultimate tough watch. Guided by a "Triple 10" development concept, the design teams sought a watch with 10-meter free-fall endurance, 10-bar water resistance, and a 10-year battery life.
- An altimeter tracks your vertical movement, a barometer tells the Trend in air pressure, and a compass points the way
- Suunto core tracks both the weather and the sun for you; Operating temperature: 20° C to +60° C / 5° F to +140° F; Storage temperature: 30° C to +60° C / 22° F to +140° F
- A weather Trend graph and storm alarm along with preset sunrise/sunset times for over 400 locations help you stay safe and Plan your activities
- With stylish designs in more than a handful of variations, you are sure to find just the right Suunto core for your style
- Wrist top computer watch with altimeter, barometer, compass and weather indicator
- From G-Shock, this timepiece is the latest addition to their new Power Trainer sports lineup
- The watch is designed with a 49.5mm brown resin case and black dial
- This timepiece links with the G-Shock Connected phone app to provide access to a number of functions that enhance workouts
- Daily health and fitness support functions include a 3-axis accelerometer that keeps track of step counts, a Multi-Timer that lets you create up to 20 timer combinations of five timers each, memory for up to 200 lap records, and more
- The app also makes it possible to maintain step count logs with five exercise intensity levels, to calculate the calories you burn, to specify a daily step target, and more
What are Military Watches?
While time telling is the primary purpose of most watches, it is impossible to say the same for tactical watches. What makes a tactical watch tactical? Analog or digital? Should it have a compass? Does it have to read the temperature?
There’s no specific definition of what makes a tactical watch. But in many cases, people get confused about what a tactical watch should be. So following this logic, when you use a tactical watch to check the time, it has performed a specific function and can be called tactical.
Tactical watches are watches that are suited for military missions and other outdoor activities. They have a vast number of features, and these include both analog and digital features. They are not only useful for time telling but are also helpful in providing the precision needed for the success of military and security operations. Hence, military and security personnel, EMTs, and many others need the watch to tell time, height, temperature, depth, location, amongst many other things.
These watches are for everyone. They are more appreciated when survival situations arise – something that could happen within the blink of an eye. So as humans, we should work on ways by which we can improve our preparedness. You definitely can’t carry all your survival gear with you, so having portable equipment with multiple functions is a smart decision.
Several companies make tactical watches, and they invest so much just to put the best technology in them. Therefore, they have different specialized functions and many practical uses. Hence, you can get a handful of useful information from them.
Similar to a tactical watch, a military watch is one that is engineered to deliver as many precision instruments useful to you as can be added. Military watches use high impact materials. Whatever your occupation, military watches are programmed to aid you in the field to perform your duties by providing useful information.
Military watches are designed to meet the individual demands of the military theatre. Nonetheless, they fulfill other purposes for professionals in different fields like police officers, EMTs, mountain rescue teams, wilderness and forest guides, divers, hikers, and so many others.
While military watches can be categorized as tactical watches, different professionals will have varying tactical needs. Therefore, the watch that meets the demands of a police officer may not be the same as one required by a soldier, which may also be different from that of an EMT.
What to Look for in the Best Military Watch?
Military watches are built to meet security forces, and sports enthusiasts meet. Besides, there’s no perfect military watch as we need different things, and one watch cannot have it all. So instead, each watch is designed to meet the needs of specific professions.
An excellent military watch should stay functional for years. It must be able to stand years of severe use and impacts. The crystal face should remain unscratched. Else it becomes difficult to read. You should never compromise on the material used.
The best material for lenses are made of either sapphire, and diamonds too – the hardest mineral in the world, so the face remains unscratched. Other durable materials that you can consider are stainless steel — an excellent choice, polymer-plastic, and ceramic watches are also common.
Check that your military and tactical watch has been tested under extreme conditions. The materials used to build the watch won’t matter if it has been poorly assembled.
The fall of the night doesn’t pause military operations and outdoor activities. These things can take up 24 hours. Many rescue teams keep working all night until they have completed their operations. Military activity is done at night too. So the readability of your watch at night is essential. You need to go for the watch that has a backlight button.If you can’t read your military watch in the dead of night, then it is of not much use. Only consider a military watch that has good backlighting (digital), self-illuminated (analog).
Either your military watch is quartz movement powered or automatic, it should work. Your watch is useless to you if you look down and see that your second’s hand is not sweeping, or your battery is dead.
Some militaries require their soldiers to cover their watch, and this is very important to military men and women. So while your tactical watch doesn’t require the matte finish, it does need the best minimization of reflection.
Legibility and readability
Either analog or digital, your watch should be easy to read. If not, it is of little use to you. Large numbers make reading your watch easy. Military watches feature numbers from 1 to12, and smaller numbers to indicate the military 24-hours time zone.
Weight and size
Most military watches are too bulky, cumbersome functions, and truthfully they should be for their durability. Several sophisticated military watches are less bulky but still retain their dependability and ruggedness.
Durability is an important factor when buying a military watch. You will be facing the elements. Your watch must be made with toughest materials.
This will allow it to face the harshest of conditions. Titanium is the most durable material you can get. Nylon and leather are also very durable and long-lasting.
Battery life is one of the most important things to look at. Features like GPS require a lot of battery power. So a powerful battery is a must.You need a battery that lasts long.. Solar powered watches are amazing at this. As they never run out of power.
You will use your military watch in all kinds of outdoor activities. Being water resistant is very vital.
Benefits of Military watches
Tell the correct time wherever you are
First things first, it’s a watch, so it’s supposed to perform the basics functions of a watch – tell time. Most military watches will only show your current time zone. Usually, you will have to adjust your watch to new timezones manually. However, military watches need no manual adjustments as they have been designed to adapt to new timezones automatically. Many of these watches are programmed with more than 40 timezones in over 30 cities.
Alarms and calendar
Another added benefit of owning a tactical watch is alarms. Tactical watches allow owners to set special reminders. Many of these watches have their calendars programs until 2099.
Be properly oriented
A majority of the military and tactical watches have instruments that will help owners remain properly oriented. These instruments include an altimeter, Barometer, compass, and many others.
Withstand the elements
Tactical and military watches can withstand the most extreme conditions because they are built to be strong and withstand elements. Ideally, the material used in making the face of the watch should be shatter and scratch-resistant. Some use sapphire, and others use mineral crystal. Stainless steel is the most standard material used for the casing because if its durability.
The bands can be of different materials and styles, including steel, nylon, and rubber. Each of these materials has unique properties and advantages. So you might want to consider this when buying your military watch.
A significant advantage of military and tactical watches is the ability to withstand elements.
Compass is integrated into most tactical watches, to help you locate your way. Some use digital or analog compass display, while others have a button compass embedded in the watchband.
For more precise navigation, some tactical watches come with digital GPS readout. GPS information helps you tell you to send your exact location coordinates. Soldiers, campers, local guides, and rescue teams will all appreciate this feature. A GPS enabled watch ideal for people that spend most of their time in remote areas.
Do you think it’s possible to wear something that monitors your health?
Many Military and Tactical watches come with a thermometer, and many don’t even know its usefulness. While camping, you can use your watch thermometer. The safe temperature range for humans is between 40F and 95F. If you spend too much time in the cold, it could lead to hypothermia. Likewise, if you spend too much time in a hot region, it wi result in hyperthermia. So knowing the exact temperature will help you make safer decisions.
Another thing that affects health is height. Altitude sickness is a thing, and it can develop if you find yourself 8000 feet above sea level. An Altimeter will help you monitor your height. Also, you should take note of the symptoms of height sickness, such as nausea, fatigue, and headache.
Some Military swatches come with heart rate monitors. Besides, you can use a heart rate monitor to keep track of your daily activities. We believe this is a useful feature for fitness trainers.
Whatever activity you do, having the proper watch is important. A good military watch does more than tell time. It can be the difference between life and death. Here the best tactical & military watches for men in 2020.
Last update on 2020-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API