Last Updated on
Best Head Shavers for Men
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional’s commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Balding Clipper is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: This corded clipper is a barbershop must-have. With a powerful electromagnetic motor that cuts twice the speed of pivot motors, it offers barbers and stylists a surgically-close cut, making it perfect for quick, precise, and effortless skin and bald fades.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Balding Clipper comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (2) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, and red blade guard.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The 5-Star Balding Clipper (#8110) measures 6.25” long and weighs 1 lb. This product features an 8-foot, professional grade, chemical resistant cord and features a #2105 blade, V5000+ electromagnetic motor, and operates at 120 volts/60 hertz. For sale in the USA only.
- PLEASE NOTE: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer’s warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers. Intended for sale and use in the US only.
This one is a classic rechargeable shaver. It is a professional grade shaver that ensures the precise removal of hair. This product features a hypoallergenic gold foil on the outer end of the blade. This allows you to get quite close to your skin and cut out the hair right at the skin level for a perfectly smooth scalp.
The foil works well with all types of skin, especially the sensitive types. It will help prevent ingrown hair and skin irritation. The commercial-grade product that will give you the precision and sharpness you need. The product has a compact, sturdy design that comes with a rechargeable battery within the shaver body.
The product package comes with a chemical resistant, corded charger with which you can charge your shaver. The running time of the product is an hour at full speed. You get user instructions and a cleaning brush within the kit.
It has a powerful electromagnetic motor that has a fast cutting speed, giving you a smooth, perfect shave.
Hypoallergenic gold foil
Doesn’t come with a carrying case
- Fits in the palm of your hand so you can easily reach the back of your head, neckline and around your ears Precision ground, stainless steel blades easily cut through even the thickest hair, reducing pulling and snagging
- 9 Length Combs Cuts 1/16 5/8 inches(1 5 to 15 millimeter) to achieve the exact look you desire
- Lithium, Rechargeable Battery 40 minutes of cordless runtime The Shortcut Pro Hair Clipper can also be used corded for maximum versatility and convenience
- 13 Piece Kit Includes Hand held clipper, 9 Length adjusting combs, cleaning brush, storage/travel pouch, oil (charging adaptor also included)
- Extra wide Curved Blade The blade contours to your head with maximum coverage to provide a close, even cut Shortcut Pro Hair Clipper is 100 percent Washable Conveniently rinses clean under the faucet; Non slip grip
This shaving product has a small body design that fits right in the palm. This smaller design helps you to reach all the places that may be difficult for you to shave for, such as the back of the head and the groove of the neck. The shaver has a firm grip and doesn’t slip out of the hands.
The hair shaver is equipped with curved sharp stainless steel blades that allow precise cutting of even the thickest hair without tugging at the hair root and causing any pain or irritation. It also has a thin comb present at the front of the blades that help you in getting to a nice and safe trim.
It has a rechargeable lithium battery that allows you to charge the shaver beforehand and use it whenever you like. The maximum runtime of the shaver is 40 minutes. It is a 13 piece kit that comes with a cleaning brush, a thin adjusting comb, a handheld clipper, a pouch, and oil. The shaver can be cleaned using water.
Allows different shaving styles
Fits perfectly in the hand
Requires constant oiling and maintenance
Takes long to charge
- World's most efficient electric shaver. Efficient, close and gentle, for a flawless shave
- Best efficiency: 5 shaving elements get more hair in one stroke than any other shavers
- Best for gentleness: sonic vibrations glide over your skin for maximum skin comfort
- Use wet or dry. Now with 20% more battery power
- Product designed, engineered and made in Germany. Recommended by GQ and the skin health alliance accredited
This product has a stylish and compact body that makes it easy to carry around. It has a 5 element synchronized blading system, which makes it perfect for not only full-fledge shaving but also for trimming and other fancy and trendy haircuts.
The blading system is very efficient in removing tiny and stubborn hair as small as 0.5 mm. It is waterproof and hence can be taken to the shower. It can easily be washed under running water. The product is suitable for both wet and dry shaving.
The shaver has a rechargeable battery. Moreover, it also comes with a charging cord and even a charging stand. Braun has stepped up its shaver game with this product by providing 20% more battery life than a usual rechargeable head shaver. It can last more than an hour in full swing mode.
It comes with an LED light that indicates a low battery and tells you when you need to charge the shaver. The kit also includes a small pouch for you to carry the shaver and chargers.
Relatively less charging time
5 element blade system
Slight hard to clean
- Limited Edition, Red Dot Design Award Winner 2017, A'Design Award Winner 2018
- Made with plastic bottom with rubber finger ring, light weight and easy to maneuver
- Dual-axis suspension allows the MOTO to roll into the turns and hug the shaving surface
- The narrow body and new soft finger ring makes shaving around ears a breeze and the sleek design provides an easy hold for face shaving
- Compatible with HB4 and HB6 Blade Cartridges
This is a quality head shaver. It has 5 small blades that come together to form the blade system. The blading system gives the shaver a significant amount of flexibility. The shaver smoothly glides over the surface and gives you a smooth finish. The shaver has a lightweight body with a sleek design.
It has a double-axis suspension that allows you to move the shaver very smoothly. This also provides better control over the shaver. The shaver has a finger ring that helps you move your hand in one fluid motion, especially around ears.
Takes time to get used to the style
- Designed with your skin in mind, Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 lets you shave any way you want for a comfortable dry shave or refreshing wet shave with or without shaving cream or gel
- Protect your skin with our unique DualPrecision shaving system to deliver a smooth shave that's gentle on your skin; The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 effectively shaves both longer and shorter hair stubble
- The pivot, flex & float heads follow every contour of your face to remain in close contact with skin for a fast shave that's also gentle on your skin
- Ease of trimming with Pop Up trimmer to help complete your facial hair grooming routine; Ideal for trimming sideburns, goatees, mustaches and more
- The rechargeable Lithium ion battery delivers the power of a corded shaver without the hassle of a cord with 50 minutes of shaving time
The multipurpose shaver easily cuts all sorts of thick and coarse hair, especially in the areas that are hard to reach. The shaver comes with a dual precision system that cuts down short and long stubble easily. The shaver comes with a pop-up trimmer that helps you reach hairgrowing in difficult-to-reach places.
This system also helps cutting hair growing in different directions, all while going easy on the skin. The floating head of the shaver comes with a pivot that allows the blades to take off all the hair present gently. It has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can work up to 50 minutes non-stop and at full speed. Moreover, the shaver helps in both wet and dry shaving.
Decent running time
No shaving cream needed
Takes a long time to recharge
Finish of the Shave
Now, how do we know if a shaver will have a smooth finish? The resolutions per minute (rpm) will tell that. This tells you the number of times the blade will rotate in 60 seconds. The higher the RPM, the smoother the finish. You will be done with your shaving quickly, leaving you with a smooth head.
Types of Head Shavers
Powered head shavers usually have 2 types.
The gold pick head shavers have rotating blades that shave the hair. Their speed is measured in Revolutions per minute. This is an advanced system that is safer to use and provides a smoother finish.
The silver pick is an old-school, clipper style blade system. The blades, rather than rotating, work by moving the blade side to side. The working and efficiency of this type of head shavers are determined by their CPM. CPM is the number of cuts the head shaver can apply in one minute.
When it comes to power options, there are two types of head shavers present in the market.
This is not a matter of which head shaver is the best; rather, this depends on the fact that which shaver suits your needs. For instance, if you are the type of person who is always on the go, a time-saving, portable, battery-powered product will be your best mate.
There are various features on a portable head shaver that will help you get a nice trim, or a clean shave if that’s what you prefer. Battery-powered head shavers have their drawbacks, the biggest being their short battery life.
With the battery-powered, you will have to keep an extra battery with you always because the last thing you want is your shaver to stop working halfway as you are shaving your head. Buy a battery-powered head shaver with LED light that will let you know when you are low on battery
Corded Head Shavers
Some people may be more conscious about the bills when using a corded head shaver, or you may not always have sockets available. If you are staying at home, and have any easy access to the charging port, then even a corded one will serve your purpose.
With corded head shavers, you have to deal with additional wiring. Corded head shavers are best for when you do have a socket available in your bathroom. If you know that you will be staying at a hotel that will have sockets, then you can buy corded ones for your travels as well.
Both corded and battery-powered shavers are travel friendly. It’s the source of energy of both that is different.
The weight of the shaver is also a factor worth considering. Even if you find an excellent head shaver that provides you with all the features you want, you can’t buy it if it is too heavy. Your hand will get tired as you shave if you hold a heavy head shaver for long, and it will cause you to make errors.
When using a head shaver, you have to lift your hands above your head and shave all the round edges and neck nooks. A heavy shaver will only exhaust you. It might also hinder your hand movement and may leave behind some small patches of teeny tiny hair that you didn’t even notice as you were too tired.
A heavy head shaver will only make your shaving process more complicated than it needs to be. So simply, look for one that is light, and not very heavy, you can take your time to shave all the hair and not get tired.
Every person has different hair. Some may have thick and curly hair, while others may have very fine hair. The type of hair is an essential factor in choosing the best head shaver. Some shavers that come with foil.
Foil is the thin mesh present at the outer end of the blade. This feature makes it more skin-friendly and allows the fine, small hair to be captured by the blade so that they can cut easily. While thicker hair is easy to cut, ingrown hair can be an issue if you have a sensitive scalp.
Head shavers will provide you with a lot of features, your hair type, and skin type will determine what works best for you. Search for something is compatible with your head type and will not cause you any issues.
The extent to which you want to cut your hair determines the kind of head shaver you choose. Many head shavers look smooth and have a clean head, but leave you with tiny hair all over your face. A good shaver is the one that leaves the skin soft and stubble-free.
While the head shaver will deal with shaving the hair, you will have to deal with cleaning the shaver and keeping it hair-free. There are 2 common types of shavers when it comes to their cleaning and maintenance. One type of shaver is waterproof that you can simply dunk in the water and then leave it to dry before further use.
Other shavers have a little compartment behind the blade that will catch all the hair when you shave. When you’re done, you can simply clean that compartment and then put it back. Battery-powered head shavers are usually waterproof and can be taken into the shower with you. This way, you can clean the shaver easily under running water.
Corded head shavers are generally not waterproof, and you will have to carefully wash the blade and then shake it to get rid of the hair. Not everyone prefers to shave in the shower as hair can fall and stick to the body. People who prefer a trim or shave afterward can use a corded head shaver with quite an ease. Moreover, it is not safe to use a corded head shaver in a damp or wet bathroom. You can just use it beforehand and then shower.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is a cordless head shaver better than a corded head shaver?
Both corded and cordless head shavers have different functions. It is absolutely up to personal preference. Whatever suits you and your needs is the one that is
better for you.
Q. Is razor better than a head shaver?
When you are using a razor, you have to be very cautious and careful. A slight slip of the hand can lead to an unfortunate accident. For head shaving, it is advised not to use a razor if you’re a beginner.
Q. Do head shavers come with accessories?
Yes, head shavers come with various accessories such as cleaning compartments, carrying pouch, extra batteries, etc. You can buy the head shaver with extra accessories if your budget allows you to. However, they are not necessary and shouldn’t affect your final choice.