Last Updated on
Best Pre-Shave Oils for Men 2020
- Recommended for casual wear
- This product is mainly for men
- This is high quality product, made of high quality material
- Sandalwood essential oil - Normal to dry skin
- Softens the beard and protects the skin
Art of Shaving pre-shave oil comes featured with sandalwood essential oils, which is known for list of properties of being an antiseptic and astringent, meaning it is ready with relieving the redness and can prevent itching. This enables you to get fewer nicks and cuts, and razor burns while getting a smooth shave feel for your facial hair. Each bottle contains 2 fluid ounces and has been made without synthetic dyes provide to be gentle. The beard oil creates a protective barrier of ultimate comfort so that when you glide your razor blades, it will help protect the sensitive skin from unnecessary damage post shave.
· Made with sandalwood oil formula
· Little to no strong scent or fragrance
· Has a thick and slick texture
The Art of Shaving is the Best Pre-Shave Oils in 2020.
- WHAT IT DOES: This men’s pre-shave oil contains the best combination of natural ingredients for men to achieve the closest, most comfortable shave possible while preventing irritation and eliminating razor burn
- WHO IT’S FOR: Men of any age with any skin type who want to protect against all forms of skin irritation caused by razor burn (nicks, cuts, tugs, ingrown hairs, rashes, and red bumps). Whether you have the most sensitive skin or the coarsest of beards, American Shaving Pre-Shave Oil will allow you to enjoy a smooth, pain-free shave.
- HOW IT WORKS: Light and fast absorbing oils like grapeseed, argan, and jojoba immediately start moisturizing, conditioning, and preparing the skin for shaving the minute they touch its surface. Simultaneously, slow absorbing oils like olive, avocado, and sweet almond sit gently over top of the skin to provide a naturally protective, lubricating barrier that promotes a smooth razor glide without any oily residue, leaving your skin feeling noticeably softer and healthier.
- ORIGINAL SCENT: The first thing you'll notice with our premium oil blend is its subtle, clean, masculine scent, specifically formulated to impress and invigorate your skin.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: The best shave you've ever had, or it's free. If for any reason you aren't 100% satisfied with your purchase, we’ll give you a full refund, no return necessary. Taxes and shipping included. No questions asked.
Made with a mix of jojoba oil and argan oil, this benefits both your skin and your hair. Natural ingredients include grapeseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, and sweet almond oil. It also does not contain any parabens, GMOs, or additives so you can only enjoy ultimate ingredients from natural resources. The pre-shave oil has a simple thick and slick texture to apply as well for the shaving experience.
· Has natural ingredients
· Includes natural oils like jojoba and argan oil for healthier skin and beard/stubble
· No parabens
· No GMOs or additives
· Has a thick and slick texture
American Shaving Pre Shave Oil For Men is the best natural shaving oil for men.
- FANTASTIC SANDALWOOD SCENT- Smells Excellent, a lingering old school scent
- SPECIAL ALL NATURAL FORMULA - Our blend of 7 all natural oils gives your shave the ultimate comfort. Ideal for men with tough beards, ingrown hairs and sensitive skin prone to razor burn.
- TOUGH BEARD? - No problem. Lather & Wood Pre-Shave Oil prepares your beard with a proprietary blend that softens the beard, conditions the skin, and gives a superior slickness for extreme comfort.
- ONLY TAKES A FEW DROPS - Just massage one pump of Pre-Shave oil into your beard. Allow 30 seconds to penetrate your whiskers, then apply your favorite soap or cream. In a hurry? Shave using only the oil and be amazed.
- ON SALE TODAY - New Product, Special Launch Price! Very Limited Supply at this price
This pre-shave oil is made with sandalwood oil to be a natural product. It has both scented and unscented options. It contains 1 ounce per bottle and among its ingredients are raspberry, cranberry, wheat germ, neem, rosemary, meadowfoam, grapeseed, and organic olive oil, other than the sandalwood oil. It is address sensitive skin since it benefits from natural ingredients. Other than that, it also offer a thick and slick texture, which can be useful for getting a close shave.
· Has a dense and thick texture
· Contains a lot of natural ingredients
· Sandalwood oil for antiseptic properties
· Has a classic smell
· Also has an unscented version
· Not as much content as other pre-shave oil bottles
Verdict: If you want a really slick product that has excellent razor protection and is made with natural ingredients, this one can be for you.
- WHY PRE SHAVE OIL: Our pre shave oil is formulated with naturally moisturizing, skin & hair loving oils like jojoba oil, grapeseed oil and avocado oil, our special formula ensures oil consistency & texture is not too thin that it does not create enough gliding or not too thick that it clogs the razors.
- WHO NEEDS IT: Men of any age or skin type, from rigid skin & hair to most sensitive skin, our pre shave oil works equally great to protect your skin from razor burns, red bumps, ingrown hair, nicks or cuts. Skin loving oils like jojoba oil provides an extra layer of protection while leaving the skin hydrated aftershave.
- HOW IT WORKS: It works by moisturizing skin and softening hair follicles that results in reduced friction with razor resulting in smooth, irritation cuts & bruise free aftershave experience. Leaves skin rejuvenated
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our pre shave oil will provide the best shave you every had, if not, you will get 100% refund. No questions asked.
- SCENTS: Our Pre Shave Oils have been crafted specially for Men, Unique Masculine subtle scents make it an enjoyable shaving experience.
This one comes in a pump, which can make it easier to use than other ones. It ensure a combination of lemongrass and eucalyptus oil, which is great for your skin due to its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It has a neutral scent that is not too strong. Among its ingredients are grapeseed, avocado, jojoba, lemongrass, marula, argan, and eucalyptus essential oils. Due to its scent and feel, it can also be used as an aftershave oil after a wet shaving.
· Made with natural ingredients
· Has a neutral scent
· Has a pump for easy application
· Can be used as an aftershave oil
· The texture can sometimes be too slippery for your hands
The best pre-shave oils in a pump.
- Organic Shave Oil - made with only the finest organic oils and enriched with vitamin E
- Provides a layer of lubrication to reduce irriation and increase shave comfort when using a Double Edge Safety Razor, Cartridge Razor or Straight Razor
- Apply as a first layer before shave cream or soap to dramatically improve the quality of your shave
- Made in the USA
- 2 Ounces (60 Ml) in a pump bottle
Yet another one in a pump, this bottle contains 2 ounces and is also gentle on its scents, so expert guys who don’t like strong scents can use it just fine. It contains Vitamin E, which is comfortable for the skin for days. Natural ingredients also include safflower seed oil, castor seed oil, grapeseed oil, and lime oil. Since it has a good texture, this one is probably not going to clog your face and pores, which is useful if you have large pores or oily skin. If you are using safety razors or electric, then you might do just fine due to the thickness of the pre-shave oil.
· Contains natural ingredients
· Has Vitamin E for antioxidants
· No strong scents
· Non-comedogenic (does not clog pores)
· Thick and slick texture
· Can be slow to pump
Verdict: For those who prefer a pump dispenser for a natural pre-shave oil that doesn’t clog pores, this one can be for you.
What are Pre-Shave Oils for Men?
Shaving is a routine that most guys find troublesome and time-consuming. However, if you don’t value your wet shaving time, you can end up with nicks, cut, and even ingrown hair! One of the solutions is to put pre-shave oil before you actually use shave cream on your facial hair. This will prepare your skin for a close shave. Pre-Shave oil can also possibly prevent burns and other inconveniences that you might encounter while you are shaving.
What are the benefits of buying a pre-shave oil?
1. It reduces razor burns. Most pre-shave oils have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which is based on its natural ingredient, such as argan oil and jojoba oil. Pre-shave oils can protect their skin from possibly getting a razor burn while enjoying a close shave.
2. It keeps you itch-free. Aside from the thick texture, most of these oils have a cooling sensation, which can help your skin to have less likelihood of itching after you shave. Itching is usually connected to having a razor burns, so if you can alleviate these razor burns by using a thick pre-shave oil, it can also help reduce the itching sensations.
3. You will get less likelihood of irritation. Irritations usually comes from itching as well as from razor burns. If the pre-shave oil is thick on its consistency, it can act as a barrier between your skin and the blade, so you will less likely to get it or itch from using the blade while getting a closer shave.
4. Ingrown hairs will be less likely. Usually, they can occur if you shave on the opposite side of the shaving area. However, ingrown hairs can also happen if you don’t use pre-shave oil. The fact that pre-shave oil can create a barrier that allows you to shave smoothly around the face can help to the formation of ingrown hairs, which must really hurt bad.
5. Nicks and cuts will be less likely to occur. The fact that pre-shave oil is usually thick. This can help prevent nicks and cut, especially if you are new to shaving, or if you think that your shaving blade could be too sharp.
6. You get your skin well-hydrated. Another plus point of having pre-shave oil applied first before shaving is that it prevents your skin from drying, which can cause irritations and the like. Hydration is essential since you may be using an aftershave balm that may contain alcohol, so it’s crucial to keep your skin smooth before and after shaving.
How do I choose the best pre-shave oil for men?
1. Is it scented? Most guys do not like scented oils, but if it cannot be avoided, at least the pre-shave oil shouldn’t be too strong in its scents. Some men, however, would like a classic pre-shave oil smell or fragrance, which could make them reminisce the good old days of using traditional blade at the barbershop. Pre-shave oils that are less scented are more likely to be popular since they won’t put off guys with sensitivity towards smells.
2. Does it have natural ingredients? It is essential to look for natural ingredients, such as jojoba oil, argan oil, and the like. Consider looking at the list of ingredients before making your purchase and ask questions to the manufacturer. In this way, you know what goes into your face before you actually buy the product.
3. How do I dispense the oil? There are usually two kinds of packaging: bottle and pump. The bottle type is easy to use but can also be a bit too messy. The pump type is also easy to dispense but is usually better for traveling or on-the-go application. Consider which of these two you prefer more.
4. What’s the price? The price of pre-shave oils for men usually range from 10 to 20 dollars depending on the brand, the popularity, the ingredient used, and other factors. Just knowing the price may not always be enough when you decide on a product: you have to know its components and other criteria as well.
5. How thick and slick is it? If you want a pre-shave oil that has the right thickness and slickness, you should consider looking for reviewers or getting a sample of the product. The width should be enough to cover your face and prevent it from being thoroughly touched by the razor, while the slick quality can affect the effectiveness of the blade as it glides through your face.
How do I use pre-shave oil?
To help you out, here’s how you usually use a pre-shave oil before shaving:
1. Rinse. First, you need to rinse your chin and neck with water before applying the oil to make it clean.
2. Dispense. About 2 pea-sized drops of the pre-shave oil will do, depending on your shaving area. Rub it together between your palms.
3. Apply. Start applying and massaging it throughout the shaving area as evenly as possible.
4. Start shaving! Go with your regular shaving routine as usual: put on your shaving cream or soap and then start shaving right away! You can also finish with an aftershave balm for added comfort and moisturizing.
What ingredient should I look for in pre-shave oil for men?
From the different ingredient, you can look for in pre-shave oil for men are jojoba oil, argan oil, and the like. You can also look for vitamin E since it is good for the skin and as an antioxidant. Consider a pre-shave oil that has natural ingredient, such as essential oils, so that your skin can be pampered without unnecessary fillers or chemicals.
Which is the best brand of pre-shave oil out there?
Among our top picks, we liked The Art of Shaving, since it is from Procter and Gamble, a trusted brand on hygiene kits and products. We also recommend American Shaving as a brand of pre-shaving oil. There are many brands out there, but it is more important to look into the reviews as well as the ingredient list.
To wrap it up, pre-shave oil for men is definitely a good investment if you want to maintain your facial hair to have little to no razor burns or ingrown hair. We hope these picks helped you out and we hope the information from our buying guide can help you decide on an excellent pre-shave oil!