Last Updated on
NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender EAX80
- EXTENDED WIRELESS COVERAGE: Adds WiFi range coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft., and connects up to 30+ devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more
- SEAMLESS SMART ROAMING: Uses your existing network SSID name so you never get disconnected as you move around your home or office
- AX6000 WiFi SPEED: Provides up to 6Gbps performance using Dual-Band WiFi technology for heavy-duty 4K HD streaming and multi-player gaming
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with WiFi, and is optimized for all WiFi 6 routers
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Simply plug in game consoles, streaming players, or other wired devices into the four 1 Gigabit ports for maximum speed
Nighthawk EAX80 is an incredible accessory that extends the speed of ultra-fast fiber up to 6 GB / s in your home. All thanks to the powerful dual-band connection, which is universally compatible with all routers and ISPs. With four built-in Ethernet ports and more than 30 simultaneous connections, the EAX80 removes dead zones without losing a beat. The Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 is not only the best global WiFi amplifier, but it is also the best WiFi extender for streaming and sporting because it has the best specifications in the whole market! That said, you have to pay enough for its services. One of the first Wi-Fi extenders to support the new 802.11 Max standard, the NetGar Knighthawk EAX 80 is better known as Wi-Fi, and as the name suggests it is a great companion to the Knighthawk RXX Wi-Fi 6 router from Netiger. It is actually suitable with most routers. This makes it a great way to add Wi-Fi 6 coverage to your living room or home, if your original router still doesn’t support the new standard it can even give you a great Wi-Fi 6 coverage bubble without replacing your existing router. .
Wi-Fi 6 offers more network capabilities than the old Wi-Fi standard, so you can support more devices without having to worry about clutter. While you need to take full advantage of your 802.11 Max’s Wi-Fi clients, eight streams and MU-MIMO support allow even older Wi-Fi 5 devices to achieve maximum performance over an 802.11ac connection. At 5 GHz, The EAX80 offers unlimited smart roaming with additional coverage from your main router up to 2,500 square feet so your devices can use the router or extension for best performance as well as four ports Gigabit Ethernet wired so you can play your game console or streaming box for maximum speed.
Ultra-fast 6-speed WiFi
Integrated Ethernet and USB 3.0 technology
Great performance in medium to large homes
Requires a stable desk or table
NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender EAX80 is the Best WiFi Booster for Gaming in 2020.
TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender RE220
- Extend WiFi Coverage - Boost Internet WiFi Coverage up to 1200 Sq.ft and Connects up to 20 devices - Compatible with WiFi Router, Gateway, Access Point ( 2.4GHz - 300Mbps / 5GHz - 433Mbps )
- Eliminate WiFi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free Connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Fast Ethernet port. System Requirements - Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- Stay Connected - Expand WiFi Coverage for your Smart Phones, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Web Browsing, Alexa Echo, Ring and more
- Easy Set Up - Two Simple Taps and You are Ready to Connect, Smart indicator light helps to install in best optimal location
- OneMesh Technology - Enables the creation of a OneMesh network for seamless roaming when paired with the Archer A7 Router (more devices to be updated in the future)
TP-Link is the best-selling brand of WiFi accessories on the market. TP-Link REC 220 Booster, which combines high speed and bargain price. Of course, you don’t get 6 Gbps like Netzier Nighthawk. But with less than 10 Mbps reaching the average household in the US, you probably don’t need too much power – for most gamers. The R220 recommended 750 MB is enough! Simply connect it to your router via the TP-Link application, connect it to your device, and expand your network with a new secure access point. This is a few hundred square feet of extra coverage in one convenient package.
If you don’t wish to spend a ton of money on a WiFi repeater, you need to increase the internet, TP-Link RE220 does the job very well. While it may not be the fastest or most feature-rich extension on the market, it does exactly what is expected of you. The white finish of this device and its small footprint make it very discreet. It has no external antenna. While this can be a bit of a hindrance to the performance, it makes the overall aesthetic look even more enjoyable. The AC750 standard isn’t high-end by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s fast enough for you to easily rub enemies.
Easy configuration and attractive design
An Ethernet port
Works better with TP-Link routers
Determining the optimal location can be complicated
Linksys AC3000 Max-Stream Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender RE9000
- Auto Firmware Upgrade always keeps your system and security up to date
- Tri Band speeds up to AC3000. A second 5GHz W Fi band delivers 3X faster speeds than Dual Band Range Extenders for full strength Wi Fi without degradation
- Wi Fi Bands Tri Band, 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz + 5 GHz. Wi Fi Range Up to 10,000 Sq Feet. If placed too far from an existing router, a wireless range extender may not expand Wi Fi or Wi Fi signal strength may be spotty. Spot Finder helps ensure your Linksys range extender is in the right spot
- Works with all Wi Fi Routers and Multi User MIMO Routers. Eliminates Wi Fi dead zones throughout a home including, a patio, garage and additional floors.Minimum System Requirements:Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 ,Firefox 20,Safari 5.1,Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher
- Pair a Max Stream router and range extender to enable Seamless Roaming for a single Wi Fi network. Devices will now auto connect to the strongest Wi Fi signal
If you’re looking for a powerful WiFi booster for lightning-fast, stable PC games, there’s no need to look beyond the Linksy R9000. With four large positionable antennas, the RE9000 expands your wireless network up to 10,000 square feet (not typos) and speeds up to 3 gigabytes per second. The RE9000 also comes with advanced tri-band connectivity, providing ridiculous speeds at multiple frequencies. Just use the Spotfinder app to find the perfect hotspot and voila! You’ve increased your coverage for lagging games and competitive advantage.
The best part? Linksys provides live firmware updates to keep your network secure. Unfortunately, some users claim that these network updates tend to be slow (temporarily). It is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
Very fast with a maximum of 3 Gbps
Universal compatibility with all routers
The Spotfinder app is perfect for identifying access points
On the more expensive side
Not plug-and-play like some rival models
Some users have said that automatic firmware updates are temporarily slow
TP-Link AC2600 WiFi Range Extender (RE650) – Dual Band WiFi Extender
- Extend the range of Your Wi Fi with the dual band RE650, compatible with any type of Router / Gateway / Access Point ( 2.4GHz 800Mbps / 5GHz 1733Mbps)
- Quad Antenna Design for Ultimate coverage for all areas of your home
- MU-MIMO Wave 2 technology allows the RE650 to talk to Multiple devices at once for optimal Performance between devices.Beamforming Technology sends targeted Wi Fi signal to individual devices for stronger connections.
- Smart indicator lights help provide optimal placement. Should be installed between the Router and the desired area.
- Gigabit Ethernet port connects wired devices to your network for high speed connection
The TP-Link provides a wide variety of wireless extensions, and the TP-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE650) is the main access to their extension space. This model has higher specifications than the lower model with AC2600 speed (N800 + AC1733) and four external antennas. We also like the Gigabit Ethernet port integrated into this extension, making it easy to use as a wireless bridge or access point, providing user flexibility while building their network. This extension is likely to have the same SSID infection, even with routers from other manufacturers, allowing this RE650 to act as a “pseudo-fake” node.
We’re just going to take it and say that the 2.4 GHz bandwidth tests are a bit off. However, the 13 GHz tests are exceptional, starting with the 132.91 Mbps Speedest download, we have seen the best speed among our smallest extenders. In our game test, the baseline of our wired Ethernet connection dropped 69+ fps and <1% frames in 4K video streaming at 5 GHz frequency. In addition, the RE650 is the only compact amplifier to achieve this feat. Therefore, according to our tests to our standards in the real world, the experience is similar to playing with the RE650 while connecting to the cable using this extension. This great performance, combined with more than 14,000 reviews on Amazon, gives it four stars, and the affordable price gives TP-Link R650 our best offer for wireless network extender. Pros High FPS SSID Support Affordable price Cons None
How to buy the best WiFi Booster for Gaming?
WiFi Booster is available in different versions. First, you have the ones that are plugged directly into an outlet. These are not very intrusive and only require an opening grip. Wrong direction? These are not as fast, reliable, or expansive as the tabletop models, and they lack ports. Then you have the table model, which is much larger, has more antennas and a longer range, and provides the best overall specification. This makes them ideal for competitive games, and when reliability is an issue. Unfortunately, they take up more space and usually cost a nice penny. We do not offer them on this specific list, but you can learn more about the technology through our dedicated guide.
The WiFi amplifiers provided by your router may not provide that much speed. With the exception of the D-Link DAP-1330 – which only operates at a frequency of 2.4 GHz – the best WiFi repeaters for the games on our list are either dual-band or tri-band and offer speeds the vast majority of useful players.
It is essential to connect your booster to the Ethernet port while playing in the competition. In fact, it reduces laziness and speeds up your overall connection compared to the exclusive use of WiFi. If you have a dedicated PC games setup, we strongly recommend that you choose a tabletop WiFi amplifier with multiple Ethernet ports for more flexibility. And if you also find a model with a USB port (like the Nighthawk), it can provide more networking options, including the ability to share your game library over the network.
In general, the more antennas there are in the repeater, the more powerful the device will be. If it clearly has an antenna, you can move it in any direction to get the signal exactly where you need it. Always make sure you get the amount you need here. A very small amount of repeater clears the matter.
Adapting the wireless standard to your router will give you the best overall performance from your WiFi repeater. If you have an AC1900 router, try getting an AC1900 WiFi extension for maximum compatibility.
Dual-band vs. Tri-band
Nowadays, it is very rare to see routers that use only single band technology, as the 802.11ac standard requires at least 5 GHz band to charge older devices and smart home accessories to support the 2.4 GHz standard. These are called dual band routers. You’ll also come across three-band routers, which add you an extra 5 GHz band to reduce the footprint of your fastest device. The 5 GHz band is faster, but doesn’t have as long a range as the 2.4 GHz frequency below, and its range is further affected by walls and other solid objects. However, since a given Wi-Fi device can always use only one band at a time, you will not get any benefit from a tri-band router if you do not have many devices that use 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 or 802.11 Focus on Wi-Fi 6 standards And compete for 5 GHz bandwidth.
As a result, tri-bands are not necessary for everyone, so you can still find quality dual-band Wi-Fi extensions and fake systems. Google Nest WiFi is an example of a great dual band system. An example of a three-band fake network is the Arabic fake Wi-Fi system. Orbit has frequencies of 2.4 and 5 GHz, but it also has a third radio link band that it uses as a dedicated communication frequency between routers and satellites to ensure you get the maximum speed across your network. Keep in mind that if you add a Wi-Fi extender, you don’t have to worry about matching your router with the number of bands available. The type of Wi-Fi extension you choose should be suitable for devices that provide your Wi-Fi access and in reality you can only add an 802.11n single band Wi-Fi extension Concerned about extending coverage for smart home devices, because These do not use the 5 GHz band in any way.
Wireless extensions (at least) should support basic wireless protection protocols, such as WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) and WPA2, while newer Wi-Fi 6 extensions should also support WPA3. Some extension products, especially fake systems, provide additional security features such as guest access and firewalls, or even additional services such as threat analysis, ad blocking, and software.
Number of devices
While this is less of a concern for fake systems, many Wi-Fi plugins support a certain number of devices. With range expanders and repeaters, this number can be quite small. You’ll see a range extender that supports “up to 15” devices “or” up to 20 devices “. Try to load but it will compromise with the performance and go against the goal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are WiFi Boosters good for games?
A WiFi amplifier amplifies the signal generated by your router, giving you a faster and more reliable Internet access. It not only improves download and upload speeds wherever you are in your home, but it can also significantly improve ping across different games.
Will a WiFi Booster help delay?
While a WiFi extender can amplify a WiFi signal, there is significant degradation when using such products. This is due to the signal being transmitted from one place to another. This can increase the delay of your network and reduce your overall speed.
Do WiFi Boosters Really Work?
WiFi extensions work differently from WiFi repeaters. WiFi Powerline Extenders can even use electric cables on the walls to re-broadcast your wireless signal. Wired connection means a WiFi repeater always has a strong and dedicated connection to your network that is not susceptible to interference.
Can a WiFi booster reduce ping?
A WiFi repeater is simply a device that extends the range/power of a WiFi network. This will not slow down or increase your “speed.”
Where do I put my WiFi booster?
The ideal location to place the repeater is halfway between your wireless router and your computer, but the repeater must be within the wireless range of the wireless router. Tip: If you need to use another location, move the extender closer to the device, but always within the wireless range of the router.