Best Earplugs For Musicians 2020
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE HIGH FIDELITY EAR PLUGS: Hearing protection ear plugs that deliver crisp, clear sound at a safe volume. Medium, High and Max filters provide in-ear protection for noise reduction making them festival essentials, musicians, construction sites, sporting events, drummers, guitarists, fitness classes and anywhere that noise reducing earplugs are needed.
- REUSABLE, HYPOALLERGENIC, ALL NIGHT COMFORT: Our premium silicone ear plugs have a dual flange design that gently seals the ear with no hard edges. The soft, hypoallergenic reusable ear plugs for concerts keep you comfortable whether you’re making music or dancing to it.
- INVISIBLE EAR PLUGS: These musician ear plugs provide in ear hearing protection that seems to disappear in your ear, just like custom molded ear plugs. The professional ear plugs are small and low profile, making them discreet noise reducers. The small tab makes your concert earplugs easy to remove.
- PREMIUM VALUE & PORTABLE: The high quality noise cancelling earplugs come with a milled aluminum case that contains two chambers and a keychain clip so you can easily transport your musician grade earplugs while keeping them safe and clean. Precision engineered, you also get 3 filter sets that deliver 17-26dB noise reduction for all your music event and sound reduction needs.
- INDUSTRY LEADING: Metallica, RedBull and Lollapallooza carry EarPeace as their concert ear protection as they know we make the best ear plugs for concerts and are the most trusted musicians ear plugs. Our sound reducing ear plugs are serious music equipment for every drummer, guitar case and DJ kit.
The first on our list are the EarPeace Concert earplugs. They are designed for going to live music concerts, both outdoor and indoor experience. With the help of their excellent sound quality retention process, they would be still perfect for live performances on-stage and in clubs. Another point, they have a great sealing mechanism that covers the ears and keeps them in place for a long time. If you move or dance, they will not fall out and let you down. The dual flange design of these premium-quality silicone earplugs keeps them in place easy. They have three different great qualities: soft, hypoallergenic and are reusable. You can choose from medium, high, and maximum protection according to the circumstances. They come with a nice aluminum case in which you can even keep them safe when not in use.
Great sound quality
Outdoor and indoor usage
Aluminum storage case
Block out voice
Best Earplugs For Musicians in 2020
- Reduces 19db of harmful high frequency peaks
- Smart Seal technology ensures the perfect fit
- Made of soft medical grade silicone
- Case Included (color will vary depending on stock)
If you are looking to pick earbuds, you can wear them while moving around a lot on the stage. The Earasers would be a nice cost choice. With their smart seal design, they don’t fall out of your ears. The Earasers come in 4 different sizes, this let it stay in place. They sound reduction is up to 19 dB. They are made from medical-grade silicone. These are durable, hypoallergenic transparent and unobtrusive. What makes these stand out is that they come with a carrying case which is pretty small in size.
Comes in 4 sizes
Comes with a carrying case
Not effective against loud bass
Best Earplug for Singers in 2020
- IDEAL FOR THE PROFESSIONAL MUSCIAN: Designed specifically for professional musicians and avid concert goers who enjoy woodwind, brass, acoustic, and jazz music. The TRU WM16 provides a tuned, flat attenuation response so that all frequencies are reduced by almost the same level, making it the best high fidelity universal ear tips on the market.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT: Made with environmental-friendly materials, these hearing protection ear tips are so comfortable that you can wear them for hours. This allows you to enjoy music at concerts for long periods of time without ear fatigue and avoid "hot ear" as these hearing protection ear tips are fully ventilated.
- ENJOY ORIGINAL SOUND QUALITY: Unique musicians' membrane ensures that music retains the sound equalization and this is only attainable with flat attenuating technology in these filters. Lose none of the original sound with these universal ear tips while bringing the sound down to a safe level to listen to for long periods of time.
- ADVANCED FILTER TECHNOLOGY: The TRU WM16 reduces the sound by 16 dB, ideal for the professional who plays for hours at a time. This helps you avoid hearing damage like tinnitus, hyperacusis, or long term hearing loss caused by listening to unsafe volume levels.
- IN THE BOX: Purchase includes: Two Large WM16 Universal Tips, Two Medium WM16 Universal Tips, two 16 dB acoustic filters, and carrying pouch.
Westone TRU earplugs have high-end customizes filters. They have an excellent and smooth frequency response and high fidelity. It is ideal for say professional musicians and avid concert goers. The tuned and flat attenuation response makes it stand out amongst its counterparts. The ergonomic design of the earplugs makes them extremely comfortable to wear. Thus, you can wear earplugs for hours going without having ear-fatigue.
The unique musicians’ membrane present in it ensures that the quality of the sound is retained. You don’t lose any of the original sound while bringing the volume down to safe levels. The advanced filter technology reduces the sound up to 16 dB. It helps you avoid hearing losses such as tinnitus, hyperacusis, etc. There are few added accessories, such as carrying pouch, ear tips, and two acoustic filters.
Smooth frequency response
Advanced filter technology
Take some time to fit properly
Best Earplug for Guitarists in 2020
- Block out unwanted noise: Mpow high fidelity earplugs boast an SNR of 28 dB and CE and ANSI certified Meet international standards, which effectively protect your hearing during loud events.
- Preserve the original sound quality: Mpow Concert earplugs adopt unique Acoustic filter technology to reduce noise evenly, while allowing you to listen and enjoy the full range of the Melody. No more worrying about muffled sound as foam plugs do.
- Invisible and perfect fitting: ergonomically shaped earplugs adapt to your ear and block harmful noises effectively. Transparent material allows an invisible and elegant look. You can easily insert and remove the music earplug with the extended grip tabs.
- Hygienic and portable: Made from soft, non-toxic silicone material, Mpow high fidelity earplugs won’t cause itching or pain even after long-time wearing. Comes with an aluminum case for carry, and keeps the noise reduction ear plugs clean and away from moisture, dirt or other damages.
- Multi-functional earplugs: Mpow high fidelity earplugs reduce risk of hearing damage from loud noise such as concerts, night clubs, music festivals, etc. Enjoy music safely and pleasantly with Mpow music earplugs.
With the help of Mpow High Fidelity earplugs, you can easily block out the unwanted noise. They have an SNR of 28 dB. Moreover, these earplugs are ANSI and CE certified. They come with a unique Acoustic filter technology. This gives you the freedom to enjoy the melody. You don’t have to worry about muffling of sound with these.
The ergonomic earplugs fit easy in your ears and are something very effective in blocking unwanted sounds. The transparent material make them decent and elegant. They are made from non-toxic silicone and very soft. Moreover, they have an aluminum case to keep the earplugs safe when not in use. These are reusable. Once the filter is removed, you can clean the ears tips with soap and air dry them. Be careful not to let water get onto the filter.
Acoustic filter technology
ANSI and CE certified
Average noise reduction
Best earplugs for Drummers in 2020
The last product on our list is the Aclook High Fidelity Concert Earplugs. The specific design helps in reducing ear pain caused due to loud music and instruments. With the advanced filter technology and an NRR rating of 28 dB, you can rest assured that it will professionally filter out selected frequencies while maintaining high-quality sound. The hypoallergenic earplugs are designed to maximize your well being. They are made of soft and non-toxic silicone. The product has two sizes so that you can choose the one which fits you perfectly. They have a return period of 30-days. This means if you are not satisfied with the product, you can return the product and get a full refund. They come with an aluminum case in which you can keep them stored in when you are not using them.
Advanced filter technology
Aluminum carrying case
Slightly tight fit
Best earplugs for live music in 2020
What are earplugs
It doesn’t take years and years of playing on stage to tell you that it can get really loud out there. The more aggressive the music is, the more you will be at the risk of damaging your hearing.
Ears plugs are front of everything when it comes to the prevention of hearing damages. A decent pair of earplugs can make all the difference when it comes to excellent ear health.
Now comes the million-dollar question: Which is the best musician earplugs? There are thousands of related products currently in the market, and it gets very confusing, trying to figure which one is perfect.
There are various earplugs for bassists found in the market. They have various features and functionalities that make them suitable for specific conditions. After plenty of research, we have chosen the following 5 earplugs for you, which we think will be perfect for making your on-stage performances safer and better.
How to choose the best earplugs?
Earplugs are compact, powerful, and efficient devices that can add color to your life by protecting your ears safe during a live performance. When it comes to buying the perfect product, things get a lot confusing when you see the sheer number of products available in the market. We have put together this buying guide to help you educate yourselves on the few factors you must check out for when buying the desired product.
Types of earplugs
There are various options and types of earplugs that vocalists can wear.
They are the most common types of earplugs. Not only do they dampen the volume, but they are also comfortable to wear for hours. They are usually made of silicone. You have to check the NRR of these earplugs when buying them.
In-ear monitors are headsets that work both as earplugs and headphones. They are often likely custom made and have the attenuation levels are adjustable.
Passive electronic earplugs
These types of earplugs reduce all sound, be it loud or otherwise, for a certain dB level. There are active models as well, which can be adjusted to attenuate sounds as per your preferences.
Filtered earplugs don’t use batteries. They use various mechanical methods in to attenuate sound. They usually transform noises into heat using compression acceleration.
Why should you buy earplugs?
Tinnitus and hearing loss are not laughing matters. Loud noises doesn’t affect everyone in the same way, but at one point or another, it causes some sort of damages. It doesn’t matter whether you are young or old, if you are a musician, then you need to get some high-quality earplugs for musicians to keep your ears protected in a live performance.
The right pair of earplugs will keep your ears safe and improve your on-stage experience. With the help of the 5 best earplugs for musicians that we have reviewed above, you can start the journey towards a healthier, safer you!
After years and years of exposure to loud noises and sounds, musicians tend to run a higher risk of losing or damaging their hearing. Noise-induced hearing loss and tinnitus are the most common hearing problems that the musicians face.
Noise-induced Hearing loss
Noise-induced hearing loss manifests itself in different ways. Some people lose perception of particular frequency ranges. Some acquire a sensitivity to sound, and a few have ringing sounds in their ears. In some extreme situations, complete hearing loss might occur as well. NIHL can develop suddenly after exposure to loud impulse noise, or it can progress over a period of time.
Tinnitus is a symptom of hearing issues. In tinnitus, the person hears non-existing sounds. You can hear hisses, ringing, clicking, or some other sound in your ears. The sound can be high-pitched and it can be low-pitched as well.
Choosing the perfect fit
There is a difference between earplugs for regular people and earplugs specifically made for musicians. Look at the following factors before making the final purchase.
Professional earplugs can be worn for hours and hours, and they still remain comfortable while that is not the case with consumer-grade plugs, which can be worn only for a couple of hours before your ears start to hurt. So, when you are buying earplugs, you need to keep their comfortability in mind.
Noise Reduction Rating
Attenuation is the number of decibels of sound that are reduced when you wear the earplugs. The attenuation is shown by the NRR written on the earplugs. Noise Reduction rating is basically an estimate of how much noise is being reduced by the earplug. It is measured in decibels.
Size and fit
The fit of an earplug determines how effective they might be and sealing out the noise. Normally, most of the earplugs have a universal fit. The size of an earplug also matters. If the earplugs are too small, they will not block noise to the ear canal and will keep falling off. If the earplugs are too large, they will put pressure on the ear canal. Pressure on the ear canal will lead to inflammation and soreness.
Earplugs are reusable. However, the silicone at the ear tips tends to degrade with the passage of time. The usage life of the earplugs is usually written in the instructions manual that comes with it. Normally, the ear tips start to degrade after 3-54 months.
Another thing that you need to consider when buying the best earplugs is their reusability. Usually, you need to replace the tips only when they start showing signs of wear and tears. Likewise, filters in the earplugs are also replaceable in some cases. But, the earplugs with replaceable parts tend to be slightly more expensive than those with non-reusable parts. Moreover, the availability of the replacement parts can also be an issue.
Reduction in quality of sound
When you are out there performing, the air is alive with sound and vibrations. When you use earplugs, vibrations and noise will be reduced. Professional earplugs lower the volume of the sound not it’s quality. Therefore, you need to look for earplugs that will not hinder the quality of sound. The volume of the sound will be lowered, and you will be able to play more peacefully.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQSs
Q. What are earplugs for musicians?
Earplugs are devices you wear in your ears in order to reduce the volume of sound that you hear. Musicians have to perform in very loud environments, and loud sounds can damage their hearing. In order to protect their ears, they use earplugs.
Q. What is the difference between regular earplugs and earplugs for musicians?
Consumer-grade earplugs could block sound quite completely, while professional earplugs will reduce the volume of sound at certain decibels. You would still be able to hear people talk in normal volume.
Q. Are earplugs necessary?
If you value your hearing, then your earplugs are necessary for you. Overexposure to loud sounds and noises that musicians hear on stage can start to affect the hearing until a permanent or semi-permanent hearing loss occurs. So, in order to keep your ears safe and healthy, you should use earplugs.