Best Gaming Soundbar 2020
- Enjoy 100 dB of room filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1 percent total harmonic distortion*
- Wireless subwoofer adds rich bass from anywhere in the room**
- Built in Bluetooth lets you lose the wires and listen to your music with a tap of a finger with built in Bluetooth. Sound Pressure Level - 100 dB. Sound Bar Frequency - 50 Hertz - 19 kHertz
- Premium audio with Dolby Digital decoding, plus DTS TruVolume and DTS audio post processing
- Wireless remote for convenient volume, input and audio controls; Wireless Subwoofer range approximately 60 feet – line of sight from Sound Bar
Vizio 2.1 Wireless Sound Bar probably is the best soundbar for wireless. A great soundbar with a subwoofer that can hide almost anywhere. Well, you have three styles to choose from. Anyone looking for affordable soundbars has heard Vizio and their great products at reasonable prices. In terms of look, we may rate low. But, there’s no competition in terms of its sound quality. To enhance the look, it has a couple of silver accents on sides as well as the front of the soundbar.
The slim design lets you easily fit under the TV, and no one would even notice the presence of such a thing over there. All you got to do is to understand its basic functionalities and settings, and you’re good to go.
Generally, it’s a smooth plug n play operation except that sometimes you may need to change up a little bit in your TV settings. Apart from simple setup, it has a Bluetooth, digital connection, 3.5mm port connection, and USB port. Not to forget, the range of subwoofer goes up to 60 feet wirelessly from the soundbar’s line of sight. However, there is no HDMI port and any supportive app for the soundbar. You have to consider here that it does what it’s supposed to do. It helps to take out that adventurous sounds from your games and let them reach you happily.
Premium Dolby Digital Audio
DTS TruSurround Virtual Audio Technology
No HDMI inputs and supportive apps
Vizio 2.1 Wireless Sound Bar is the best soundbar for gaming in 2.1 in 2020.
- Wide Array of Compatibilities works with any device that has a standard 3 5mm headphone jack such as PC s/ laptops/ smartphones/ tablets/ projectors
- Impressive audio high-quality sound suitable for enjoyment at work or other small space
- Simple operation plug in the USB port for power and plug the pink cable for mic and the blue cable for headphone Dial The knob for volume to start the oomph LED accents set up the ambience
- Microphone & headphone enabled 3 5mm Microphone input and headphone output make it handy for late-night movies or gaming sessions
- Slim design works well with your computer or TV while letting users play What they want without sacrificing valuable desk space
TaoTronics present a quite lovely and sleek mini soundbar for gaming with required audio quality functions. There is a 3.5mm jack that makes this compatible with a wide range of devices, including Laptop, PC, TV, computer, Gaming consoles, or projectors. By having among the best soundbars, you won’t have to sacrifice for space as much in your living room. Your valuable living room gaming space can be significantly organized with its slim design. If you are a beginner or looking for just a basic soundbar, give this product a chance this year and enjoy simple functions.
Along with the audio port, it also consists of a USB port and side LEDs to brighten up the accent. It just requires a basic plug and plays an operational setup. At the back, you can check DC port, 3.5mm headphone output, and microphone input. You can easily adjust the sound from the side rotating button. However, there are no features like HDMI arc, app support, and off-button. So, if you are not looking for such advanced features, it may prove to be one of the top picks as a mini speaker or best gaming soundbar.
3.5mm audio port
Easy plug and play setup
May produce a little hissing sound
No HDMI port, off-button, and support apps
TaoTronics Computer Wired Soundbar is the best budget gaming soundbar in 2020.
- Dolby Atmos and DTS: x technologies: with Dolby Atmos and DTS: x, sounds move independently around you from All directions, even above, just like in real life
- 5. 1. 2 channels: 13 built-in speakers, including four that fire upward and two that fire from the side, Surround you in multidimensional cinematic audio that rivals even the very best movie theater experience
- WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Feel the intensity of the action and the rhythm of the music with the rich, powerful bass of the wireless subwoofer that boasts a frequency response (amp) of 34Hz~17kHz
- Adaptive sound: adaptive sound technology analyzes the sound signal and delivers optimized sound and clear voices even on low volumes
- 4K pass-through with HDR10: built-in 4K pass-through for connecting to UHD 4K and HDR10 sources for a seamless audio experience that matches your video
Samsung 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar is probably the best soundbar for 5.1 gaming. This means it features a full surround sound system. There are almost 5 different options to choose from. Well, we are going to discuss its HW-Q80R Soundbar. When we talk about the best sound experience whether, in terms of sound or other features, this Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar always comes into play for home theater. If not wholly compact, Samsung’s 48 1/4inches is quite useful in length as compared to other large soundbars. It consists of 2 HDMI ins and outs, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi connection, optical, and audio return channel. Also, a USB port is provided, but that’s only for service purposes. You can’t playback files with the help of this USB port.
At a bit advanced level, it contains an inbuilt chrome cast and is highly compatible with Amazon Alexa. There are 13 inbuilt speakers with 3D cinematic audio quality.
How can we forget its subwoofer? It has an excellent sound frequency range of 34Hz to 17 kHz. For flawless audio experience, you can also use its HDR10 and UHD 4K sources. All in all, it’s a great match if you are looking for best soundbar with Dolby Atmos. It comes with a powerful wireless subwoofer to give you surround sound experience.
Premium audio technology
Includes HDMI ports and other advanced sources
13 inbuilt speakers
Unique gaming detection feature to deliver the best sounds
Poor user manual guide
A large number of settings may pose difficulty in setup
Samsung 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar is the best soundbar for gaming in 5.1 in 2020. Well worth the price.
- Under monitor Audio system: so sleek, yet so powerful
- Aurora reactive lighting system: light up your setup
- 5-driver design: expertly tuned acoustics
Creative Sound BlasterX Katana is one of the best gaming soundbars with an interactive LED system. This one looks unique and astounding while in performance. Plus, they are heavily marketed and loved by users as active gaming soundbars. The design is very low-profile, so it won’t take much of your space on a computer desk or wherever you are playing games. Well, we are highly impressed by the look and LED interaction of the soundbar at the bottom.
On the other hand, you can expect exceptional audio quality with 5-driver design and other tuned acoustics. It is featured by the powerful multi-core audio DSP system for the required performance. Furthermore, Katana uses multi-core Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology as a dedicated high-frequency sound wave. With enhanced features, the soundbar is highly compatible with different multimedia devices.
Along with the subwoofer, you will also get an easy to use remote control. The soundbar has got different connectivity options, and the sub is quiet in operation. However, you can check the dimensions for space availability.
Dolby Premium audio technology
24-bit high-resolution DAC
49 Programmable LED lights system
Amazon Alexa compatible
LEDs may not work after some time
The subwoofer may be massive in structure
Creative Sound BlasterX Katana is one of the best soundbars for gaming.
- The Razer Leviathan Surround Sound Bar features cutting-edge Dolby technology, superior sound drivers, and a dedicated subwoofer, projecting in-game battle scenes or your favorite tunes
- The Leviathan’s built in NFC technology allows for ultra-fast pairing and remembers your recently paired devices, allowing you to connect with a single tap. Frequency response rate : 180Hz - 20KHz
- Synergizing a powerful 5.25” downward firing subwoofer with 2 full ranged drivers and tweeters, the Razer Leviathan provides distortion-free lower frequencies and impressive highs
- Featuring award winning aptX technology, the Razer Leviathan seamlessly connects via Bluetooth v4.0 for audio quality indistinguishable from a wired connection with an impressive dynamic range. System Requirements : Devices with 3.5mm audio ports
Razer Leviathan Soundbar for gaming is our last pick among the best soundbar for gaming. Like most things made by razer, this is one of the best gaming accesories you can buy. You get all the installation instructions on the soundbar itself. There is no other manual guide or such other things provided. To project those high-quality battle scenes, it may prove to be the best gaming soundbar with amazing specs. Well, the box is quite heavy and rugged with a medium-sized subwoofer. With regards to connectivity, there is an optical in, sub out, aux in, and a USB service port.
The sound frequency range of subwoofer varies by 180Hz to 20 kHz. It’s an award-winning sound technology that can be connected via Bluetooth for an indispensable wireless experience. There are 3.5mm audio ports that are highly suitable with a range of devices. At the same time, you will love its preset equalizers that can be tuned for movies, gaming, and music.
Premium Dolby audio technology
No HDMI ports
Subwoofer consume space
Razer Leviathan Soundbar is the best soundbar for PC gaming 2020 at an affordable price.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Soundbar for Gaming
Sound is the thing where no one wants to compromise upon. Instead of using those prominent top-tier speakers, people always like to switch on some alternative solutions. That solution must be lightweight, high-quality, and top-performing among all. So, this aspect applies to the best soundbar for gaming that is unobtrusive, sleek, and easy to set up.
Before you go and select the best soundbar for gaming, keep in mind the critical buying factors given below.
Are there any subwoofers?
No doubt, a soundbar is a major improvement factor upon internal speakers for the excellent gaming experience. Still, a question comes up in mind. Should we get a soundbar with a subwoofer or without it? The elements like exploding bombs, rumbling bass, and whump whump of blades of the helicopter are all produced by soundbar’s subwoofer.
So, it works as a speaker driver to it and reproduces low-frequency audio. It will add punch to various movies, TV shows, and exciting games. However, if you don’t want to cover up space or to look for just a single soundbar, simply buy one without a subwoofer. But, you should always remember that subwoofers are advantageous.
Check for different connections!
Many soundbars can work with optical cables, and it’s also easy to connect to a TV or laptop where you’re gaming. Still, HDMI ports are recommended and found to be beneficial. It is because of the large number of format support by HDMI. You will be offered with high-quality sound comparatively. Sometimes, you will also get Audio Return Channel with HDMI, which means the exchange of information is now comfortable with that particular soundbar.
Dolby Atmos and Channels
Channels and subwoofers are generally labeled as 2.1, where 2 are the channels, and 1 is the subwoofer. When you get subwoofers, you don’t have to connect them physically and you can be creative enough with them. The best soundbar supports Dolby Atmos Surround sounds if there’s a third number such as 5.1.4 etc.
Dolby Atmos sound system is considered as best, which further helps in stimulating the dedicated height channel speakers. It is also said to be the most premium surround sound technology that is capable of processing almost 128 different objects in a given scene.
Placements and IR sensors
If you want to use the controls effectively, you need to consider the placement carefully. IR sensors are the ones where remote control will send the signal, and it further instructs the speaker to process. Some soundbars also come with IR repeaters, which pass the signal to soundbar and TV’s sensor. So, it’s an aesthetic factor that you need to look upon for practical placements and controls while considering the best soundbars.
Bass is the last important thing you need to consider before buying the best soundbar for gaming. It should be thick, deep, and amplified. The soundbars with considerable bass are very acceptable among users.
Voice Assistant Support
Along with these features, you can also check for factors like voice assistant support with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better for me: a surround system or soundbar?
Both soundbars and surround systems are sound systems with different features in terms of ease of use and compatibility etc. Soundbars are easy to set up and compact as well. Their price range also varies from a bit inexpensive to luxurious.
On the other hand, surround systems are appealing as well, but they take a bit more time to set up and big in structure than the best soundbars. As the name suggests, surround
systems surround your home. That’s why soundbars are beneficial to get in terms of ease of installation, connectivity, and compactness.
Are soundbars good for gaming?
Of course, the best soundbars are suitable for gaming because you don’t want to spend large bucks on the surround system. Plus, you will not get that kind of compactness with such systems. All the facilities, including premium sound technology and other features, are provided in the best soundbar for gaming.
Are soundbars compatible with PlayStation, Nintendo Switch or Xbox?
You should opt for the best soundbars with PS4 for listening to audio and playing games over there for hours. They will drastically improve your gaming experience on PS4. Therefore, Play Stations are the ones with which you can religiously enjoy the benefits of gaming soundbars.
How do I connect my gaming console to the soundbar?
Most consoles are compatible with HDR that delivers high-tech realistic picture quality with a wide range of details and colors. To enjoy this convenience, you just need to plug your PS4 directly into the TV and enjoy HDR. Well, you will need to have a high-speed HDMI cable for that.
First, connect your PS4 to the supported port and then connect your soundbar with HDMI 3 (ARC port) on TV.
Do soundbars have amplifiers?
To know it, you must understand the difference between active and passive soundbars. Active soundbars have an all-in-one setup, which means they have amplifiers, speakers, and killer processing. So, this further makes them more compact and streamlined look.
On the other hand, passive soundbars don’t contain inbuilt amps. So, you may need an extra receiver or amplifier. However, these passive soundbars produce somewhat crispy sound comparatively.
Both of active and passive soundbars can be considered among the best soundbars, depending on your needs.