Filco Ninja Majestouch 2
- Switch type: Cherry MX Brown
- Keycaps: Black Pad Printed ABS
- LED Backlighting: none
Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 is underrated in how it is one of the best keyboard for programming. This programming keyboard is absolutely minimal and to the point. It doesn’t care much about being trendy or stylish. It is all about giving you the best programming keyboard experience possible. All of the keycaps are minimal and have the characters painted on the side. This makes the keys feel; very smooth. Only three keys are backlit. TheFilco Ninja Majestouch 2 has options for Cherry MX Brown and Cherry Mx Blue keys.
The keyboard for programming comes in both full size or ten keyless (TKL) sizes. The cable is very long at 1.5 meters. The build quality of this programming keyboard is simply amazing. It feels sturdy and solid. The feedback on key presses is absolutely stunning. This mechanical programming keyboard also has N key Roll Over (NKRO) on all key presses. There is no question that Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 is one of the best programming keyboards in 2021.
Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 is Best Keyboard for Programming that comes with front printing keycaps. The front printing labels are an excellent solution to the problem of fading labels. The build quality of this keyboard is remarkable.The sleek keycaps, along with the sturdy surface, add to its durability. Only 3 keys are backlit, the caps lock, scroll down, and the Num lock. The keyboard is customizable. You can get a full-size keyboard or tenkeyless. Moreover, you can choose between cherry mx brown switches and blue switches. It is a wired keyboard and the cable is almost 1.5 meters long. It doesn’t weigh a lot as well.
Kinesis Advantage2 Ergonomic Keyboard (KB600)
- CONTOURED ERGONOMIC SHAPE PROVEN TO INCREASE COMFORT AND PRODUCTIVITY: Patented design features split...
- GENUINE CHERRY MECHANICAL SWITCHES FOR PREMIUM TYPING FEEL AND PERFORMANCE: Cherry MX Brown mechanical...
- Full onboard programmability with the Driverless Smart Set engine: Custom layouts in QWERTY or Dvorak,...
Kinesis has been known for designing the best ergonomic keyboard for programming for decades. The new Advantage2 features Kinesis’ patented Contoured keyboard design and low-force mechanical switches to provide maximum comfort and productivity with keyboard input. It includes the SmartSet programming engine and powerful programming tools that allow programmers to customize the keyboard to enhance their productivity. The keyboard offers many programmable options, such as key remapping and macro recording. You can change the keyboard from QWERTY to Dvorak with the push of a button.
Designed with a curved design, the ergonomic Kinesis Advantage2 keyboard allows you to place your fingers comfortably on the home keys. If you often suffer from wrist pain, I recommend using the Kinesis Advantage2. It features an unmatched design that includes various features that allow you to comfortably use the keyboard all day. Its keyboard has been divided into two parts and is contoured on either side of the keyboard.
The keys have been split in half and positioned in an outline on both sides of the keyboards. I wasn’t sure how that would help until I started typing. First of all, it increases the functionality of my thumb by introducing two groups of thumbs. The CTRL, Enter, and Space buttons are on the right cluster, and the Backspace, Delete, and Alt buttons are on the left cluster. Plus, my hands felt so naturally placed that I could keep typing all day. And not just the wrists but also my shoulders. The split design means my hands extend straight from the shoulder instead of the usual V.
Plus, it features 20-degree tent for improved ergonomics as well as an exclusive design that enhances both comfort and efficiency.With genuine mechanical keys for incredible tactile feel, the Kinesis Advantage2 ergonomic keyboard has been designed to handle 50 million keys for many years of use. You can opt for low-force brown MX keys or choose red silent MX keys. It features two-layer QWERTZ or Dvorak designs allowing you to select which one you prefer.
Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard
- Split keyset design helps to position wrists and forearms in a natural, relaxed position
- Cushioned palm rest provides support and promotes a neutral wrist position
- Domed keyboard design positions wrists at a natural, relaxed angle
Developed by Microsoft, the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard is the best keyboard for repetitive strain injuries. With its split keyboard layout and reverse tilt, it encourages more natural typing positions to help relieve pressure from your wrists.
The Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard measures 3.6cm x 39.2cm x 20.9cm (H x W x D) and weighs 2.0 lbs. It is quite spacious because the palm rests are integrated and not removable. With the separately supplied numeric keypad, it is quite easy and convenient to place it anywhere you want. Additionally, the keyboard comes with a tilting riser that magnetically attaches to the keyboard, which dramatically increases the height of the keyboard. For optimal positioning, Microsoft encourages people to use the tilting riser for the best ergonomic keyboard for programmers. Still, you can still use the keyboard without it.
Microsoft Sculpt is one of the Best Keyboard for Programming is less complicated than Kinesis and significantly less expensive. However, they use different methodologies, so it would be unfair to compare them. Unlike the Kinesis, this keyboard splits the keys in half by completely removing a piece of material between them. However, the motivation behind it is still the same. To position your fingers and arms in a more natural position while reducing the amount of tension involved in typing. And it does it perfectly.
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid
- Mechanical Red CHERRY MX Switches
- Windows keys disabled in Game Mode
- Extra key caps bundled (with key puller)
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid is an exceptional combination of comfortable hitting and flawless performance. Equipped with Cherry MX switches, CM Strom offers the best mechanical keyboard with the ability to respond quickly, recover instantly (even after furious button presses), and zero lag. Also, there are many options for switches, including Cherry MX Red, Brown, Green, Blue. If you have a compact office space, the CM Storm is an ideal keyless keyboard combining an excellent mix of features in a compact package.
This Best Keyboard for Programming comes with Cherry MX brown mechanical switches that make typing an absolute pleasure. Since this type of switch registers a keystroke before it hits the bottom, I was able to tap faster and used less force. The keys on this keyboard are laser etched, which means they’ll get used without wearing out. CM Storm QuickFire Rapid provides plenty of switch options and all of them are from Cherry: Cherry MX Brown, Cherry MX Blue, Cherry MX Green, Cherry MX Red. This keyboard is not a bell and a whistle: its design is clean and its execution is good.
Detachable connection cables. It would have been great if they had made the keyboard completely wireless, but at least now you don’t have to bend the wire around the keyboard to carry it around. It also allows you to use the PS / 2 connector if you are using an older computer model. This is also good because if the cable develops a problem, you can replace it in place of the keyboard.
The QuickFire also includes additional keys and a key cap puller in the package. These keys may not be as useful for programmers as they are for gamers, but I think they are great because they introduce you to the concept of key customization. Some programmers don’t like too much detail about the keys, and this keyboard allows you to replace the stock keys with favorable ones. I tried using the keycap remover, and it’s a relatively straightforward process. This keyboard is also available in red and blue switches.
Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard
- 4 PROFESSIONAL MECHANICAL KEYBOARD - The thinnest mechanical keyboard in the world! The combination of...
- PREMIUM TACTILE EXPERIENCE - Best-in-class Cherry MX Blue mechanical key switches provide tactile and...
- UP TO 50 MILLION KEYSTROKES - Laser-etched keycaps for maximum durability are paired with Cherry MX Blue...
Das Keyboard has become synonymous with Best Keyboard for Programming. First featured with blank keys to appeal to ninja typists, the Das de Metadot line of keyboards has earned a special place in the hearts of typists and gamers. The fourth generation of the company’s acclaimed flagship brings a facelift and a host of new features. Das mechanical keyboard for programming uses Gamma Zulu switches.
Das Keyboard 4 removes much of the plastic that previously defined the appearance of the line. The thin and brittle upper deck has been replaced by an aluminum that despite barely changing the weight (compared to the previous generation Model S, it only increased from 2.51 to 2.56 pounds), provides a visibly stronger and firmer feel under the fingers. Another important change is that there are no longer flip tabs at the bottom of the keyboard to adjust the typing angle; now supports the keyboard with an included magnetic foot bar, a workable, if not fancy, solution. Otherwise, the overall design of the Das Keyboard 4 has not changed greatly from that of the Model S – the black exterior finish is now matte rather than glossy, and a different font is used on the keys (unless you opt for the all white color Ultimate Version), but that’s it. Without question, Das Keyboard 4 Professional lives up to its name as an excellent mechanical keyboard for work-related tasks. The switches are great for typing and provide that confidence in precision that only a mechanical keyboard can deliver.
Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional2
- for Professional use Keyboard.
- Ships directly from Japan via Express Mail International
The Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 appeals to a wide variety of programmers and writers looking for absolute minimalism in a premium keyboard. The keyboard was designed by Japanese computer pioneer Eiiti Wada. He attempted to create a professional keyboard in 1996 by reducing the number of keys to just 60 and eliminating any keys he deemed unnecessary or irrelevant. As a result, he created a first Happy Hacking Professional series which has achieved iconic success over the years.
This keyboard takes a very minimalist approach to its design. In addition to dropping the numeric keypad, it also cuts off the navigation keys and function keys above, making it smaller than the Tenkeyless keyboard. And the first thing I noticed was how much less strain my hands get from typing. It also frees up my workspace considerably and makes it easier to use my mouse. The good thing is that they didn’t try to reduce the size of the keys. The key response is instantaneous as well, likely due to the use of high quality Topre switches. It’s not as loud as the standard mechanical keyboard as topre switches are more of a fusion between membrane and mechanical keyboards. But you can still hear the snap when the switch toggles, which is my favorite.
Ducky ONE 2 White LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard TKL
The Ducky One 2 Mini V1 is a fantastic gaming keyboard; nevertheless, it has a relatively high latency for a wired keyboard and may not be perfect for dedicated gamers seeking for the least amount of input lag. On the bright side, our unit’s Cherry MX Brown switches have a short pre-travel distance and are simple to operate. It’s also quite well-made and comes with full RGB lights. The board is very customizable, yet you must do everything on the keyboard itself due to the lack of an interface.
Redragon K556 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Mechanical Brown Switches: Offering the satisfying tactile typing experience, also being ever so slightly...
- 18 Backlit Modes: Press FN + INS-PgDn to enter Pro-gamer mode. RGB LED adjustable lighting with 6-themed...
- N-key Rollover, Ergonomic And Durable Design: This keyboard is made of full metal material, with...
If you are looking for a modern and high-performing keyboard, then you should give the Redragon mechanical keyboard a look. The keyboard has 104 buttons. Moreover, it combines various keys to provide you with multiple functionalities. It has brown switches, which offers a great tactile typing experience while being quiet at the same time. It has a durable and ergonomic design. The keycaps are removable and the keyboard is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
SteelSeries Apex M800
- Competition-grade mechanical QS1 Switch has a 60 million click lifetime, linear design and smooth feel
- Fastest mechanical keyboard on the market, presses register 25% faster than a traditional mechanical...
- Low-profile design, quicker key presses, and densely packed keycaps deliver optimal gaming ergonomics...
SteelSeries Apex M800 is the flagship mechanical programming keyboard made by SteelSeries . This amazing keyboard is made with pro-grade materials to give you the best performance possible and is used by many professional gamers worldwide. Using SteelSeries’ propriety QS1 key-switches, the QS1 switches were built for speed and have 25% faster actuation compared to traditional mechanical switches. Nicely lit with RGB Leds that have 16.8 million colors and multiple levels of brightness. SteelSeries Apex M800 supports detailed customization and features 6 dedicated quick-access macro keys. SteelSeries Apex M800 was made to be the fastest gaming keyboard ever built and it certainly does feel that way. This is quite simply one of the most well-built programming keyboards ever.
Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming. Lightweight and...
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access up to three stored profiles...
- Dynamic multicolor per key backlighting with light edge: Adjust each key's color and illumination level...
Corsair K95 RGB Platinum is considered by many as one of the best programming keyboards available. Building on the Corsair K70 Rapidfire, the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum is an improvement in nearly every way and is the ultimate gaming keyboard. Using professional gamer favored Cherry MX Reds, this keyboard feels amazing to game on and also has 6 programmable keys. This mechanical keyboard comes with an aluminum frame that is solid, RGB backlighting that has 16.8 million colors and even has a rubber palm rest for comfort. There is absolutely nothing about the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum that does not feel awesome.
Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
- MULTI-AWARD WINNING RAZER MECHANICAL SWITCHES: Designed specifically for gaming. Durable up to 80 million...
- INDIVIDUALLY BACKLIT KEYS: Powered by Razer Chroma with 16.8 million customizable color options
- ERGONOMIC WRIST REST: Ensure long hours of comfortable gaming
Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 is the upgrade of one of the most popular gaming keyboards, and make a great keyboard even better. Coming with out of this world RGB that has more than 16.8 million colors to choose from, you can color your backlighting in multiple ways. This keyboard uses Razer’s proprietary Razer Mechanical Switches which has three options (Green, Orange and Yellow). The mechanical keys are actually pretty good and feel good to type on. There are 5 programmable keys on Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2. A very comfortable detachable wrist rest is provided with this mechanical gaming keyboardas well. The keyboard feels, and looks very premium. You can sync all your other Razer Chroma peripherals with the BlackWidow Chroma, allowing you to create spectacular lighting effects.
Logitech G910 Orion Spark
- World's fastest RGB mechanical gaming keyboard: Exclusive Romer-G Mechanical Switches with up to 25...
- Customizable RGB illumination: Personalize individual key lighting from a palette of 16 million colors ;...
- Arx Control App and smartphone dock: Instantly access in-game data on your smartphone or tablet without...
Logitech has been making great gaming and programming products for an eternity and for good reason. They make great products. Logitech G910 Orion Spark is the premium flagship offering from Logitech in mechanical gaming keyboards. Built using their propriety Romer-G switches (up to 25% faster actuation) with 9 programmable keys and RGB backlighting. This keyboard also comes with dedicated media controls, a palm rest and also works with Mac OS X. The Arx Control App and smartphone dock is a very cool technology from Logitech. It allows you to access your mobile devices without leaving the confines of your game. All in all, Logitech G910 Orion Spark is a pretty cool piece of technology. It also happens to be a one of the top mechanical programming keyboards around.
Realforce 87U Tenkeyless
- 87-Key US ANSI English Layout
- All 55 gram weighted, 4mm travel Topre Electrostatic Capacitive Key Switches
- Integrated Ten-key Numberpad (outputs true 'Num' keycodes)
Made In Japan by Japanese company Topre, Realforce RGB is a strikingly breathing taking mechanical programming keyboard. Using Topre’s propriety Topre capacitive key switches, this keyboard is a joy to type on and feels like Cherry MX Whites but with a superior tactile feedback. You will barely feel a strain typing on Topre Realforce RGB mechanical keyboard because of how amazingly well it is built. Seriously, typing, gaming, and coding on this give a feeling like no other. The 16.8 million color RGB backlighting makes this keyboard look grandiose. This keyboard is well built and feels very solid. The cable management is lovely and makes sure your wire doesn’t get tangled. This keyboard is simply a work of art. Topre Realforce RGB is probably the most solid feeling programming keyboard in 2021.
SteelSeries Apex M500
- Cherry MX Red Mechanical Gaming Switches
- Reinforced steel back plate construction
- 100% Programmable with SteelSeries Engine
The SteelSeries Apex M500 is a no-nonsense mechanical gaming keyboard that is also a very affordable option. Made by industry giants in professional gaming products, this keyboard uses Cherry MX Reds. It has programmable keys and has a one color blue LEDs for backlighting. Coming with a minimal design which is very compact, SteelSeries Apex M500 comes with a standard layout that wastes absolutely no space. It goes without saying that this a very well made mechanical gaming keyboard that can also be used at work.
Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
- Corsair’s fastest mechanical keyboard, ever. Keyboard Cable Type: Braided
- 100% anti-ghosting and full key rollover on USB / 100% Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches with...
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame for superior durability / Advanced lighting control and...
The Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire is an epic gaming keyboard made to out of the most premium of materials. Featuring Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches for ultra-fast actuation, this keyboard is a badass gaming keyboard. Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire is built on a beautiful aluminum chassis that is very solid and sturdy. The RGB backlighting offers 16.8 million color possibilities and looks absolutely gorgeous. This mechanical gaming keyboard has dedicated multimedia controls which makes changing tracks and volume very easy. The soft wrist rest at the bottom makes gaming very comfortable. This is a keyboard the gamers love and for good reason. The same reasoning is why it is very popular with programmers.
WASD Keyboards CODE
- Cherry MX Brown "tactile bump" Mechanical switches. Gold plated contacts rated at 50 million cycles.
- Full White LED backlighting with 7 levels of brightness adjustment. Onboard memory saves your last...
- Nkro/6KRO technology allows any number of keys to be pressed simultaneously over PS/2. 6 keys + modifiers...
WASD Keyboards CODE is an excellent no-nonsense programming keyboard for both PC & Mac. Coming in an all black design, this programming keyboard is very sturdy. The design of this mechanical programming keyboard is very minimal. This actual makes it stand out an looks cool. The keycaps come with a high-quality sharp label on them. They feel very smooth to type on. WASD Keyboards CODE comes with Cherry MX Brown and Cherry MX Blue Key switches. which one you choose is a matter of preference. You cant go wrong with either of them. This programming keyboard comes in full sized and ten key less (TKL) options. There are 7 level of backlighting on this. The cable routing on this programming keyboard is excellent. Though keep in mind that the cable is not braided. WASD Keyboards CODE programming keyboard is compatible with Mac. WASD Keyboards CODE is one of the best programming keyboards for Mac & PC that you can buy in 2018
What are the best switches for a programming keyboard?
One of the biggest difference in programming keyboards is the quality of switches (the keys that you press). Switches are the most important thing about a keyboard. They are the difference between premium and cheap keyboards. Some of them are mechanical (which is the highest quality), while of them are membrane (which is great for the budget). Many companies use their own property brand of keys which are great as well. Cherry MX is by and far the best and most popular premium keyboard switches available. Made in Japan, Topre is another great switch. Topre is not as popular as Cherry MX, but are slowly gaining momentum.
What is the best size for a programming keyboard?
Programming keyboards come in a few different sizes. The standard layout with all keys is known as full size. Tenkey-less (or TKL) comes with no number keys on the right side. TKL is quickly becoming very popular among programmers. There are also other smaller keyboard sizes, which are categorized as compact. The best size for a programming keyboard depends on you. Personally, the standard layout is how you should go but TKL also works. It really is all a matter of preference.
Do you need Key rollover(KRO) & N-key rollover (NKRO)?
Key rollover (KRO) is the ability of a keyboard to register multiple key presses at the same time. N-key rollover (NKRO) keyboards do not have any limitation on how many key presses can be registered at once by the keyboard.This feature is more useful for gamers than programmers. This is a feature all great programming keyboards come with and can be useful from time to time. However, it is not a make or break feature for programming keyboards.
Is a numerical pad required for programming?
Numpad is not necessary for programming. Programmers do need to access and use numbers, but a dedicated Numpad is not necessary. However, your needs and requirements may vary. So before anything else, determine whether you need a Numpad or not.
Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition TKL Tenkeyless Gaming Keyboard: Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever - Linear Optical Switches - Chroma RGB Lighting...
37 used from $57.28
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Linear Optical switch technology uses optical beam-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (15-30% shorter actuation distance than other linear switches at 1.0 millimeter)
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
Razer Huntsman Mini 60% Gaming Keyboard: Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever - Clicky Optical Switches - Chroma RGB Lighting - PBT...
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- June 2020 combined
- Faster Than Legacy Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical switches use light-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (30% shorter actuation distance than other clicky switches at 1.5 mm) with satisfying, clicky feedback
Razer Huntsman Gaming Keyboard: Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever - Clicky Optical Switches - Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting - Programmable Macro...
3 used from $85.32
- The No.1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- June 2020 combined
- Faster Than Legacy Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical switches use light-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (30% shorter actuation distance than other clicky switches at 1.5 millimeter) with satisfying, clicky feedback